It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible way to create a black hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
now i'm not one to think about space much but for sum reason strange riddle popped into my head: "What is the land of no light or dark." and when i thought about it at first i thought i was insane but then i thought about it maybe sum of the planets magnetic fields brought light and dark away from a place creating a black hole while the black hole feeds off of whatever thing has been touched by light or dark by sucking it into it swallowing it whole then shredding it to pieces inside the hole then stays there forever feeding on things so if we could create 2 of the worlds strongest magnets we ourselves could make blackholes any scientific people here with any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
or any regular people cmon the one time i need you guys most is now

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The CERN guys are close to creating a micro-singularity I think. Check the CERN site for details.

My guess - lots of mass and some way to compress it into a very small space. The micro one I think will dissipate in a very short time but what if you made one that stuck around for a while and got out - yikes. Earth by David Brin is a good SF book that uses that thought as the premise of the book....

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I read about this once. Im not quite sure if its 100% correct but apparantly one needs a huge ring of some superconductive material and pass something like 7 years of the worlds power usage through it in one instant. I hope thats correct...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The term "black hole" is misleading on a couple of accounts.

First, it's not "black" and second it's not a "hole".

The density of "blackholes" is the epitome of mass being crushed to a state where it can go no further. It's been said that if the entire Earth were to be condensed to black hole densities, it would be the size of a quarter. A quarter having the same gravitational pull of Earth. Be kind of hard to sit down anywhere let alone sleep.

And the light that can't escape, it would have to be brilliant beyond all imagination on the surface of a blackhole. Whiter than white and hotter than hot.

I seen an illustration where the artist made the surface of the blackhole look like tar. I just can't imagine it being that color.

I read that scientists are going to try and create a miniature blackhole in particle accelerators but they'll dissipate almost as soon as they're created becaust there is no mass to hold them together. It should be enough to confirm that extra dimensions can exist though.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As has been said, the name and commercialization of Black Holes as something that gobbles up galaxies has lead to wild and ungrounded speculation with little scientific background.

Unfortunately, ArtemisFowl, your theory falls into that category.

However, I won't care to divulge where you're wrong - since you can check the wikipedia link that another person posted up.

If you would like to create a black hole, here's my theory; we're already doing it. No, I don't mean in a conspiracy sense. I bet that at many particle accelerators around the world we're creating microsingularities when we smash proton A into neutron B. The two are hitting each other at a speed of 1.99999999999998c (both are moving towards each other at nearly the speed of light), and the result probable that sometimes the matter will be so condensed (since it's forced into occupying the same space) that a black hole forms.

Mind you, as a micro-singularity, it lasts for millionths of a second before Hawking Radiation makes it evaporate. It doesn't consume any other atoms in this time because the weak, strong, and electromagnetic forces at the atomic scale are magnifolds stronger than the puny gravitational force.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You are talking about two different things. Black holes and magnets are two different things. One is magnetic, the other is a function of gravity and infinate density.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
any more opinon's? or are we bored with trying to figure out the way between time and space

[edit on 18-1-2006 by ArtemisFowl]

new topics

top topics

join