It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is time a relative thing ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
is time a thing we just interpret through out own brain ; i mean that , istn't just that the time from the BIG BANG to the FINAL PHASE that this universe(i.e. whatever this means) is in "reality" just a blink of an eye ; maybe what we perceve through our minds as bilions of years maybe so little in reality .... What do you think ???

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No - Time is a universal dimension and began at big bang for this universe. The measurement of that is in fact relative - for us the second/day/month/year thing is defined in our terms. As far as we know - there are universal constants (cesium decay), etc. that will allow universal conversion to any other reference frame.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Think of it this way.

When you were 10, a year of your life was 10% of your experience. Hence the endless summers, the tediously long school days, etc...

Now by the time you're 30 , a year is down to 3.3% of your life, relatively speaking the time you experience is a small part of the total and thus goes by faster.

EDIT :TYPO

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Thanatos]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Or think of it this way:

Time is the only way we can keep things from all happening in the same instance!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Time to go to the bar to watch the USC/Texas game. I'm glad we have time so that I know when the game is on. I like time other than it's a vector only going one way....

new topics

top topics

join