It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish newpaper publishes pics of muhammed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A danish newpaper published drawings of the profet muhammed face to show the freedom of speach and opion. But not everyone liked the pics.
www.jp.dk.../artikel:aid=3293102:fid=11146

But what can U do its freedom....Or what ?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Good picture.

Prepare for Jihad though

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Good picture.

Prepare for Jihad though

Yes Jihad time, the poor Danes are now going to have to Pour Billions into there military because of a cute cartoon.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That editorial staff had better be ready to duck, and cover. Hiring some big burly bodyguards might be an option, too.
It does seem though, that in recent months Denmark, Sweden, and Norway; have all begun to wake up to the threat in their midst. Hopeso, I would really like to visit these countries in the future, and not have to worry about the possibility of an attack by terrorists.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
this-might-just-unite-the-europeans.......

its-a-wake-up-call-to-the-west.........

"give-me-liberty...or-give-me-death"

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The radical muslims continue to cut their own throats (appropriate metaphor, no?) with their actions. The hypocricy is evident to everyone except them. Demand toleration of Islam, and all actions in it name, but do not dare take us to task for our own mockery of Judaism or Christianity. You know I'm growing increasingly tired of it. (I am sure that the Muslim world is trembling in its collective shoes

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I reread my above post, and I should say here as I have elsewhere that I, as well as others here, are to a lesser or greater degree, guilty of tarring the innocent along with the guilty. Not all Muslims, as is evidenced in other threads, are guilty of burning down buildings or hypocritical signwaving. Doesn't change my anger any, it just focuses it on the people who are earning that anger.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That is pretty big of you seagull

Most people would never say that they were wrong in the past. For some the digital ego is just as big and hard as their real life one.

The whole world has gone mad.
I support free speech but we must use this right responsibly. But no matter how offensive a cartoon is it does not give those rioters the right to do what they have done. The rioters have blamed a whole country for the actions of a newspaper. For us to blame more than 1 billion people for the actions of these rioters is not really any different. Sure we aren’t going out and burning down mosks, but we are showing the same ignorance that they are. I'm glad that there are people coming forward and showing that they are indeed denying ignorance

Cheers seagull. You are a bigger person than most.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the compliment. It doesn't change my views that more moderates need to step up, though. Perhaps I can moderate my own views, but so must the very loud and dangerous fanatics laying claim to speak for Islam.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sure moderates should step up. These rioters are putting forth a bad representation of their community. However I feel that the peaceful moderates voices will be drowned out by these violent rioters.
Syria has only been an independent country for 45 years and has only had political stability since 1970. A violent history (and present) is still fresh in the minds of Syrians. From this perspective I really thing that Moderate Muslims in that country are probably too afraid to speak out against the people in the riots. If those people react like that over a cartoon in a foreign news paper I can't imagine what they would do to the moderates if they we to speak out publicly.
In Syria there is compulsory military service for those over the age of 18. That means that just about every Syrian over 18 is a trained killer. I believe Moderates in Syria who speak out against violence really will be putting their lives at risk.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That's true enough I suppose. Easier for us to call on them to speak up, than it is for them to do. However, the Civil Rights Movement here in the states after the American Civil War faced the same danger, and they have percevered, and some of them are some of the most revered figures in American history.

It is a risk, but if they want to change the perception of their religion, they must speak up, regardless of the danger. Yes, easy for me to say, they must do it though, and soon.

new topics

top topics

join