It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spending Points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I just spent points for a background color and the secret forum. My BTS points became negative, even though I had plenty of points. Anyone know what could have caused this? By the way, I'm new here so, hello all.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
yes you have a choice of what forum you want the points to come from. I believe if you just buy what ever, the points are deducted across all forums.

[edit on 4/1/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi

When you use combined points in the store, it takes points off all 3 types of points, so you may end up with negative points in BTS and/or PTS. Your total points should still be positive though.

I think an admin can readjust your points if it really bothers you, just ask.

[edit on 1/4/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nah. Doesn't bother me. Thanks for the information everyone.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've been here for a while now, I post maybe once or twice a week. How in the heck did you get so many points having only registered yesterday? As you can see, I don't have many, and most of the stuff I bought was for free on X-mas!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Actually, I think there's a slight glitch (if you can call it that) with the store if you choose to purchase using "combined points", then somehow you wind up with negative BTS points, I noticed that happen to me, but after a few posts on BTS it fixed itself.

Originally posted by Tripnastic
I've been here for a while now, I post maybe once or twice a week. How in the heck did you get so many points having only registered yesterday? As you can see, I don't have many, and most of the stuff I bought was for free on X-mas!

My guess is that more than likely all that was done was a bunch of thread tagging, I hear it can get your points up fast.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yes, thread tagging. I hope that's not illegal to do? Anyway, thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Yes, thread tagging. I hope that's not illegal to do? Anyway, thanks.

Dont worry about it it is not illiegal at all, in fact it is encouraged, thats why they give you the points. the negitive bts points if you notice has happend to me to. Just head on over to BTS and make a few posts it will soon come back.

Another way of making points, if you havent seen it, is to make a Podcast you get 2500 points per podcast you make.

Pickle.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Okay how did he get that many points!!!!!!!!!!? Did anyone else notice that??? Hello he has got less than 100 posts or so and he's got 6000 points. Riiiiiiight. that makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
Okay how did he get that many points!!!!!!!!!!? Did anyone else notice that??? Hello he has got less than 100 posts or so and he's got 6000 points. Riiiiiiight. that makes perfect sense.

CT he was tagging threads, you are rewarded with many many glorious points when you do this

Click here if you want to know more about Content Tagging

new topics

top topics

join