It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Poland

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleNinja
Bash Bush? Seems that conservatives still hold to the idea that the use of free speech is a crime. Oh well, at least conservatives' dream of a fascist utopia is near at hand aka NWO.

No im all for free speach, regardless of the fact this is a private forum and free speach is Allowed not Guaranteed, And also regardless of rather Mr Souljah lives in a country which allows free speach to begin with, but meh

This thread has nothing to do with Souljahs Anti-War, Anti-American, Anti-Bush views, And everything to do with thanking an allie for its support, If Souljah wants to bash Bush he can do it in one of the hundreds of threads he has created for the purpose of doing just that.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by LA_MaximusNext Polish person I meet, I think Ill buy them a Beer....or two. Heres the link:

The best way to thank a Polish Soldier would be for you to go to Iraq so a Polish soldier could go home and drink beer in POLAND.

Now that would be a real thank you!! not just cheap talk and empty rhetoric.

My son has just re-enlisted in the Army. He is an honorable and knowledgeable man. Why do some classify a man like him as a dummy and clueless? Some may even venture the opinion that he can't wait to start torturing women and children. Bah humbug!

BTW what is the matter with "buying a beer" for another country's soldiers as well as our own? Certainly they are doing their job together in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
This thread has nothing to do with Souljahs Anti-War, Anti-American, Anti-Bush views, And everything to do with thanking an allie for its support, If Souljah wants to bash Bush he can do it in one of the hundreds of threads he has created for the purpose of doing just that.

Don't be so Bitter C0le.

I just Expressed MY Opinion regarding Poland's ties to the Bush Administraton and WHY they should be Thankful to them - and one of main reasons is, that they are keeping their Mouth Shut when it comes to CIA and the Interrogation Techniques that they used in the Mother of all Detentions Bases in Europe.

I think that is a topic VERY much related to this Thread - but since it does not go with your Flow you yet again repeat the same type of Defence again - attack the messenger.

Sorry C0le, but I did NOT establish a CIA Detention Base HQ in Poland.

[edit on 5/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

You sure do hate them Detention Centers dont ya... I would be afraid it that was my future also..

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

You sure do hate them Detention Centers dont ya... I would be afraid it that was my future also..

i'm sure you mean :
"I would be afraid if that was my future" right ?

So basicly you're saying Souljah will end up in such a detention centre.... HOW may i ask ? for having valid questions ?
That's such a pathetic low blow (again)..... and you know it.

Anyone that has a bit of critique is automaticly labled : bush basher, unpatriotic, a tulipwalker and other very denegrating titles... very healthy reaction
If everyone would agree all the time, this site wouldn't exsist, and in order to have a discussion, you need 2 oppinions.

In stead of reacting to what Souljah posted, you once again attack him(not his message) for having valid questions as to Why the USA should thank Poland.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't see any reason why this thread shouldn't be locked. Convince me otherwise by not behaving like kindergarten children.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Please lets thanks all our soldiers not matter if they are from poland or not.

Marhee your son is a hero and that is nothing that anybody can take awy.

I will dring for everybody that is serving in Iraq but to my fellow Americans soldiers I will drink two times.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Im not surprised that this thread would bring out some bad feelings on our current fight against the throat-cutters in the Middle-East, but this is all about being Thankful to the Polish soldiers and their government for standing by our side. It doesn'nt mean I think any less of US soldiers, Hell I was one for 4 years!

Americas friends are few these days because most of the world is screwed up, but we should remember Poland and stand by them the next time Russia wants to swallow them up. They will need help one day and we should protect them.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Next Polish person I meet, I think Ill buy them a Beer....or two. Heres the link:

www.rferl.org... -4207-ba31-f3176b2cde0d.html

Maximu§

You know, homosexuals are not banned from military service in Poland. Granted, I don't know how many of those Polish soldeirs are gay, it's a private matter. So who knows how many gay soldiers you'd be buying a beer for? Why is it ok for gay Polish soldiers to fight in Iraq, but not gay US soldiers? Or would you rather not gay Polish soldeirs serve in Iraq? Without gays, Polish troops number may dwindle even more.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Curme.....

WTF do gay soldiers have to do with this thread? Ive seen p l e n t y of attempts in ATS to hijack threads , but this one takes the cake!

In the 4 years Ive spent in the US Army, I never met a gay soldier...they would'nt last 1 day if they openly admitted they were attracted to other men because it hurts unit integrity and moral.

Why don't you join the military and admit in front of your squad that your gay.....see how it goes from there. I promise you your life would be a Living Hell.

Now stay on subject or bail outta my thread.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Curme.....

WTF do gay soldiers have to do with this thread? Ive seen p l e n t y of attempts in ATS to hijack threads , but this one takes the cake!

In the 4 years Ive spent in the US Army, I never met a gay soldier...they would'nt last 1 day if they openly admitted they were attracted to other men because it hurts unit integrity and moral.

Why don't you join the military and admit in front of your squad that your gay.....see how it goes from there. I promise you your life would be a Living Hell.

Now stay on subject or bail outta my thread.

Maximu§

You do not think gay soldiers should serve. Poland does. It's totally legal. Unlike the USA, which supports your views.

Now work with me here. Those Polish soldiers, some of them may be gay.

Do you not see a personal quandary there? Do you only want to buy a beer for the straight solders? Is Poland wrong for allowing homosexuals in the military? Do you not want the gay soldiers help in Iraq, or only the straight ones.

You want to thank Poland, the Polish soldiers, but which soldiers serving in Iraq? All of them, or do you just want to thank some of them, the straight ones?

No hijacking, you said you wanted to thank Poland. I want to know if you really want to thank Poland. Is that true? Do you want to thank gay Polish soldiers for serving?

Buy a beer, say it. Say "Thank-you all Polish soldiers" or "Thank-you straight ones, you gay fellas, I think your country made a mistake in letting you fight for me in Iraq, your government shouldn't let you be there, helping my country fight terrorism in Iraq.."

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That will do curme, stay on topic or stay out of this thread. And no, I don't think you are posting on topic, so don't debate that it is. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
You know, homosexuals are not banned from military service in Poland. Granted, I don't know how many of those Polish soldeirs are gay, it's a private matter. So who knows how many gay soldiers you'd be buying a beer for? Why is it ok for gay Polish soldiers to fight in Iraq, but not gay US soldiers? Or would you rather not gay Polish soldeirs serve in Iraq? Without gays, Polish troops number may dwindle even more.

Haven't figured out if exactly who you are trying to insult here? There are gays in the American Armed Services, they are not open about it. Personally once in combat I wouldn't care what your sexual tendencies are as long as you have my back and can shoot! Homophobia has nothing at all to do with the topic of Polish troops staying in Iraq anymore than secret CIA camps where ever they are located.

curme, if you think there is a connection between the Polish troops staying in Iraq and the number of then that are gay then please provide links to sources proving your point!

Souljah, if you think that the US maintaining secret CIA bases in Poland is directly related to the Polish troops staying in Iraq then provide links, let's see the proof!!

Otherwise you are doing nothing but trolling! The fact is that the relations between the US and Poland are very strong and talks have been ongoing between the two for the building of US bases and relocation of US troops to Poland. The US has wanted to relocate troops from South Korea and Germany for sometime. Here is just one link proving my point.

www.missilethreat.com...

Perhaps this is the reason the Polish troops are staying, not because of how many are gay or because of the CIA!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
-deleted-

Maximu§

[edit on 013131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
LA Maximus...........Apologies for being a little upset on my last post.
This is one Soldier to the other.............CHEERS!

Whoflunggum

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Maybe those centuries of oppression have bred into the Poles a sense of when it is time to fight for what is right. The liberation of other people who were oppressed. Who cares if they only have a few hundred soldiers there on the ground in Iraq. They are doing what they can, and probably doing it well. So thank you, indeed, to Poland, long may you prosper.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Im not offended Mr101Hazardous, you spoke your mind and thats cool.

Seagull and Mahree were able to make my message come thru in a way I could not. The Polish numbers are small, but its symbolic and it means alot to us Americans who know what this fight is really about......killing enough of the bad-guys, so the good-guys can get a chance to govern. Its that simple.

We're in the toughest neighborhood in the world fighting a buncha Jihadist Maniacs who hide behind civilians.

Im sure we are paying the saleries of these Polish troops and Im sure Poland will expect protection from America in the future when the Russian Bear comes out of its cave and we should give it to them.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yeah, god bless the polish soldiers, i hope they forgive their government for sending them to a war like this one, just because they didn't have the dangleys to stand up to the american government, i imagine they're still trying to distance themselves from the soviet bloc. ah well, there are a lot of governments with dirty hands, you should put together a list of all of them so you can thank each one individually.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The Polish people are a wonderful, spiritual, proud people. I am blessed to have a Polish daughter-in-law whom I love dearly. I for one am very proud of the fact that Poland is counted upon as one of America's true allies. It is not the amount of men in the fight but the amount of fight in the men! I assure you the Polish troops are equal to the task. The fact that Polish troops are remaining in Iraq when so many others are leaving, is a testiment in itself. It is not important whether one supports the war or not, what is important is that the troops are supported. Polands contribution will save coalition lives. Thank you Poland!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Poland was main CIA European detention base

Poland was the heart of the CIA's secret detention network in Europe until recently, an analyst of the U.S.-based Human Rights Watch organisation was quoted as telling a Polish newspaper.

"Poland was the main base for CIA interrogations in Europe, while Romania played more of a role in the transfer of detained prisoners," analyst Marc Garlasco was quoted on Friday by Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza as saying in an interview.

I am sure that the Bush Goverment is very THANKFUL to the Polish Goverment for Keeping Quiet and Completly Silent, what was (and maybe still IS) going on in the Main Base for CIA Interrogations in Europe.

We Wouldn't Want yet Another Abuse Scandal!

Care to find an impartial news source for you to qoute from?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join