It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Poland

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Theres an old saying that says "When your down, you find out who your true friends are"......Poland has proved itself to be a friend of America, not with cheap talk, but with deeds.

Poland has decided to extend their troop deployment in Iraq till the end of 2006....I know their troop number are low, but its means alot to us Americans who are looking for friends in a world that is packed full of Liars, Cowards, Crooks and Murderers.

Poland suffered under Communism and they won't go back to being under the rule of Russia...perhaps this hardship gave them a backbone that most of Western Europe lacks. This action is definately a slap in the face to Germany and France, who deem themselves the leaders of the EU.

Next Polish person I meet, I think Ill buy them a Beer....or two. Heres the link:

www.rferl.org... -4207-ba31-f3176b2cde0d.html

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

However, Deputy Defense Minister Stanislaw Koziej said Poland's troop levels will be cut in March to 900, from the current 1,500.

I bet you there are 600 Polish soldiers thanking Poland too!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Poland was main CIA European detention base

Poland was the heart of the CIA's secret detention network in Europe until recently, an analyst of the U.S.-based Human Rights Watch organisation was quoted as telling a Polish newspaper.

"Poland was the main base for CIA interrogations in Europe, while Romania played more of a role in the transfer of detained prisoners," analyst Marc Garlasco was quoted on Friday by Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza as saying in an interview.

I am sure that the Bush Goverment is very THANKFUL to the Polish Goverment for Keeping Quiet and Completly Silent, what was (and maybe still IS) going on in the Main Base for CIA Interrogations in Europe.

We Wouldn't Want yet Another Abuse Scandal!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
We Wouldn't Want yet Another Abuse Scandal!

They may not but I'm sure it would make your day, and to the board as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
As usual the trolls attempt to turn a good thread into a bush bash..

Back on topic, Good news indeed, Glad that some countries still have a pair, regardles of numbers, help is help, And we appreciate it.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I am sure that the Bush Goverment is very THANKFUL to the Polish Goverment for Keeping Quiet and Completly Silent

Isn't keeping quiet and completely silent pretty much the same thing, wow Souljah, I think you may have just engaged in a Bushism. You're starting to think like your enemy.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Back on topic, Good news indeed, Glad that some countries still have a pair, regardles of numbers, help is help, And we appreciate it.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by C0le]

It's funny because I say the same thing to myself when I read your posts.

Oh well take what help you can find on a losing cause I suppose.

brill

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Alright, let's discuss the topic, not each other.

Nuff said?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
this is a funny thread. for poland such a poor country, I guess it is a rational choice.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhero
this is a funny thread. for poland such a poor country, I guess it is a rational choice.

There not exctaly poor but yea if your buddies with the US look what happens more foreign aid. I mean just look how well America takes care of their buddies Ahmed Chalabli still gets paid even tho he fabraciated intelligence of iraqi weapon programs.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Thank You Poland

Thank them?

I think not, any respect I may have ever had for Poland has gone now.

And I agree with SoulJah.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Bash Bush? Seems that conservatives still hold to the idea that the use of free speech is a crime. Oh well, at least conservatives' dream of a fascist utopia is near at hand aka NWO.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What is the bid deal with Poland?

"Remember Poland"

That is very nice that they manage to keep their few soldiers in Iraq.

But lets face it Iraq is and will always bee US majority involvement so please buy the beer to the American soldiers that come back injured from their duties in that country.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I salute the brave soldiers from Poland.

What is the reason that we may sneer at the "few" soldiers there?

In my opinion a small country giving their "few soldiers" is like a poor person donating money taken from their needs instead of a rich person giving many dollars from their excess.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Still they may have been influence to stay in Iraq, but our soldiers have not choice.

We are the ones getting the loses and our soldiers are the heros here and they will always be.

Poland thanks. but I prefer to buy the beer to my fellow American Soldier.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_MaximusNext Polish person I meet, I think Ill buy them a Beer....or two. Heres the link:

www.rferl.org... -4207-ba31-f3176b2cde0d.html

Maximu§

The best way to thank a Polish Soldier would be for you to go to Iraq so a Polish soldier could go home and drink beer in POLAND.

Now that would be a real thank you!! not just cheap talk and empty rhetoric.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Don't let Souljah get you guys in a lather. He has Bush radar and responds very predictably to any thread that he can use to bash Bush. But hey, thats just his opinion, and this is just mine. Thats what makes ATS so great

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhero

Oooooh, I'm sooo glad that darkhero thinks it is a rational choice!
(sarcasim)

Ignorance at its damn finest.

But seriously, you have undermined the great people of a great nation with your ignorance. Poland saved europe from both the Turkish and Swedish invasions. It fought bravely during WWI even though it was not on the map. If you actually knew anything about WWII you would probably know that the AK (Polish Underground Resistence) was a decisive factor in the Allied victory.And if your IQ is over 10 then you probably know about Polands contributions to the fall of communism.

A Polish motto is "For your freedom and ours"--developed during the battle of britain which was won by squadron 303 (A unit that consisted from Polish refugees and several from former Czechoslovakia). This still holds true today in Iraq. That motto sums up a core belief of the Poles and partly explains their involvement in Iraq.

Poland may not be as rich as America, but America has not been subjugated to centuries of occupation and difficult times.

The story of Poland is somewhat a hobby of mine. It is a story that is amazing yet it has not been told to the masses. For anyone interested you should read the book "A Question of Honor".

I have freinds in Iraq and they tell me all the time that GROM (Polish Special Forces) are assigned the most difficult tasks in Iraq. Without any surprise they suceed. Look for yourself, GROM is one of the finest Spec Ops units in the world.

Cmon' man, DENY IGNORANCE!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Basically, I feel greatful for the soldiers( be it polish, spanish or.. American) there in Iraq today who are sacrificing their life but for such an unworthy cause. The soldiers are just like pawns in a game of chess. They are meant to affirm someone's greed and lust for control and power. Some people like to called them "dogs of the government". Moreover, soldiers we see today are told to complete the mission and don't get emotionally involved no matter what the circumstances are.

I admire the soldiers courage to fight someone else's war but I don't like the whole big picture because sooner or later it's the men and women on are the ground who will eventually lose out.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't care what place the man next to me in war is from when that man has my back!

Our Soldiers (UAS) may not like being there and the Polish ones to. Lets not forget all the others that are out there standing side by side when the crap hits the fan!
It is just like a bunch of armchair wont to be solders to talk crap.
I would buy a case for them for helping our guys to come home.
I am not for us being over there, but life sucks and you have to do your job.
That's what they ALL are doing. There job. I will not look down on someone that puts his or her life on the line with our Solders.
Sorry was this political? I was thinking of human lives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join