It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake Access Control Officer job opening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
EG&G doesn't come out and say "Groom Lake" but I'm pretty sure that's what this job opening is for. Consider the TS/SSBI they want you to have. 3 years of police expirience.

"Monitors activities of individuals entering unclassified areas of company facilities, makes physical checks of classified security containers including vaults, safes, approved file cabinets and all external doors, monitors card access computer system, multi-zoned alarm system, emergency fire alarm panel and closed circuit security monitors, provides after-hours protection of incoming classified material, and conducts security inspections of personnel entering and exiting company facilities."

Anyone want to apply?

www.urs.apply2jobs.com...

[edit on 4-1-2006 by meshuggah1324]

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 6-1-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Would a job guarding a top secret government facility ask you to supply your own .38?

That struck me as a bit odd.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
EG&G doesn't come out and say "Groom Lake" but I'm pretty sure that's what this job opening is for. Consider the TS/SSBI they want you to have. 3 years of police expirience.

"Monitors activities of individuals entering unclassified areas of company facilities, makes physical checks of classified security containers including vaults, safes, approved file cabinets and all external doors, monitors card access computer system, multi-zoned alarm system, emergency fire alarm panel and closed circuit security monitors, provides after-hours protection of incoming classified material, and conducts security inspections of personnel entering and exiting company facilities."

[edit on 4-1-2006 by meshuggah1324]

I doubt that this has anything to do with Groom Lake because of this statement:

Monitors activities of individuals entering unclassified areas of company facilities

First of all, Groom Lake does NOT belong to EG&G! Groom Lake, like Nellis Air Force Base, is US Government property!

Second, While it's exitance is not technically denied anymore, Groom Lake and the Rest of Area 51 are Classified. That is why Groom Lake is in a restricted area. Why do you think the Government has never explained what the base is for? If the base wasn't a secret anymore, it should be listed as a Flight Test Center on the Pentagon's annual listing of military facilities, just like Edwards Air Force Base.

Third, they Never openly advertize anything that has to do with Groom Lake like this. They create a list of potential canidates for the position from people they know. Then they approach the individuals on the list in confidence and aks them in private if they are intrested. It is the same way that they recruit pilots to fly secret aircraft.

Tim

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
...they Never openly advertize anything that has to do with Groom Lake like this. They create a list of potential canidates for the position from people they know. Then they approach the individuals on the list in confidence and aks them in private if they are intrested. It is the same way that they recruit pilots to fly secret aircraft.

Actually, they've posted cammo positions as well as Janet pilots several
times in the past. Obviously, they don't come out and say "It's for the
secret base known as Area 51". But it's pretty obvious when they post
openings. The Janet pilots are more obvious because they describe the
737 rating, schedule requirements etc. The cammo positions are more
difficult to spot because EG&G operates contract security for many military
places, not just groom.

I don't think this one (no longer posted in the EG&G site) is for
cammos. It doesn't look like the ones in the past.

I've never seen the bit about requiring your own, personal .38 and
leather. The cammos don't carry 38's. But they do indeed post listings
for EG&G employment opportunities.

Sarge

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I thought EG&G was a site engineering company, and Wackenhut handled security there anyhow???

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by therainmaker
I thought EG&G was a site engineering company, and Wackenhut handled security there anyhow???

EG&G does security for A-51 and TTR.
Wackynut does NTS.

Sarge

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Stupid question time but why do a private company do security for Area 51 instead of one of the armed forces security units ? You would have thought that armed forces personnel would be easier to vet/control etc than an outside organisation ?
Or are E&G used for the outside less classified type of security and armed forces staff used for the more classified security roles ?

[edit on 6-1-2006 by bmdefiant]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
Stupid question time but why do a private company
do security for Area 51 instead of one of the
armed forces security units ?...
[edit on 6-1-2006 by bmdefiant]

Every mil base I've ever known or visited uses contract
security for the perimeter. They also do the same these
days with things like food service, house keeping, facilities
maintenance.

The "why?" probably could yield dozens of answers.
Cost. Accountability. Deliberate distancing. Who knows.

Sarge

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by therainmaker

I am sure some of you already know this but.............George Bush had ties to EG&G (and probably still does), I believe he was an advisor for them at one time and still has a stake in the company.

Not to mention, EG&G was sold to the Carlyle group.....which supposedly had ties to Bin Laden as well. Very interesting I thought.

[edit on 1/22/2006 by Kaotik68]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A few years ago I was reading the Navy Times, and there was an add in there. It stated something to the effect looking for qualified pilots, who posess active TS clearance, to fly passengers to facility, located in the midwest. To this day I wish I had clipped it and saved it. It was a little more detailed, but this was about 5 or 6 years ago

top topics

join