It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God's Name Ineffable in Thought and Communication?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Is God's Name Ineffable in thought and communication (print, speech, sign language, and other forms of communication). It is my humble belief that God's name can be extremely carefully and diligently thought of but only with extreme scruples can He be made of in communication.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Is God's Name Ineffable in thought and communication (print, speech, sign language, and other forms of communication). It is my humble belief that God's name can be extremely carefully and diligently thought of but only with extreme scruples can He be made of in communication.

I think God's name is ALL communication and the epitome of it.

I think of God as being the only thing that truly promotes communication. Every opinoin based upon conjecture, speculation, and fear and hate are in effect anti-communication, but exist for the purpose of the expansion of truth and knowledge and are deserving of acknowledgment.

Don't pay attention to hearing what you think is evil?

Don't pay attention to seeing what you think is evil?

Don't pay attention to speaking what you think is evil?

Hear no, see no, and speak no?

Then you may indeed be a

edited to add:

not to mention, your hands are tied up, so you can't use them for anything else. Deadening your senses? Through years of practice have you conditioned yourself to not pay attention?

Then you are not denying apathy, nor are you denying ignorance, you are most certainly practicing and are too blinded by your own ego to even acknowledge it to yourself. And, if you are lying to yourself, you most certainly are lying to everyone else.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You might want to have made the god character's name unspeakable if you were a Mesopotamian writing what was probably a romance novel and you (the author) wanted to portray a god image that among other things delivered a good measure of fear and trepidation.

In modern times, however, when god’s image has been tempered by idealism, proprietary manipulation and a centuries long effort to paint god as less human than the original anthropomorphic image in the original book, such writers tricks have lost most of their original mysticism.. The best scholarship is that the author wanted a name that was unpronounceable most likely in Aramaic, to capture the attention of listeners and the four or five people who could read in whatever community the author called home.

So, it’s no longer necessary to make your particular god’s name unpronounceable and I kinda like Bruce but then I liked the movie. But I must say that Morgan made a really acceptable god.
skep

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by skep
So, it’s no longer necessary to make your particular god’s name unpronounceable and I kinda like Bruce but then I liked the movie. But I must say that Morgan made a really acceptable god.
skep

I like bruce, but Unified Field Theory sounds good too.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Don't pay attention to hearing what you think is evil?

Don't pay attention to seeing what you think is evil?

Don't pay attention to speaking what you think is evil?

Hear no, see no, and speak no?

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

The holy trinity? Judge that which is evil.

righteousness, spread His words.

hint, don't acto much like a

new topics

top topics

join