It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recruited by family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hello all! My name is Raiining - I'm new to ATS after spending the past few years listening to my brother quoting off new and interesting facts and ideas. When questioned he would simply say, "I saw it on ATS"

So it was only a matter of time before I made an account here myself, of course. Younger brothers aren't allowed to know more than older sisters!

(That's right lil' bro, I've got an account here and everything - ha! I may just be as smart as your are now ;-)

As for me, I'm a first year medical student at Queens in Ontario, Canada. Besides classic medicine, I'm interested in alternative therapy and 'healing wise', in the wise woman tradition, if anyone has heard about it. As a tradition, it focuses on "illness" (rather than disease), the notion that sickness is not *bad*, and the patient's perspective ... it can be tough to integrate into a traditional allopathic medical career, but hey - I'm trying!

I'm also very interested in general science discussions - I have a three year undergrad in basic health sciences, and have pulled my weight in cellular biology and genetics. I spent some time last summer working for a professor who researches aging and mitochondrial DNA, so that's another topic I have an interest in.

Can't wait to dive into the medical conspiracy discussion boards ( :: evil grin :: ) so I'll cut this short. Once more, hello to ATS!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey! Thanks for visiting and joining. I don't post that much in the Science forums myself, but they are very interesting to read. Looking forward to seeing your posts in the future.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Welcome aboard fellow Canuck. I'm sure you're going to enjoy ATS as much as your brother. Jump right in.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Welcome to one of the most freindliest places on the net, i hope you enjoy your stay.

If you are into medicine modern/alternitive why mot consider becomeing a writer for this board, am shure any of the Admins or Mods would be more then willing to help you. Or you can make a PODcast to put your veiws accross.

Well anyway, i can ramble on for England, if i can help you in any way please feel free to U2U me.

Pickle.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, always good to see a solid Canuck presence.

DE

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, glad to have you here, and i hope you will enjoy as much as your brother (whats his member name?
) lol im dying to know now lol

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

want to change your password to something you remember? look for this tab at the top of the page, there you can edit your profile and password

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Raiining!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hey is your little Bro a member so we can tease him about his sis being smarter?

Seriously welcome aboard, nice to see you and I think we will all enjoy your input especially in the areas you have spoken of. have fun.. and now you can enlighten little bro when he asks where YOU heard something, you can be double smug and say ATS....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Welcome raiining
Looking forward to reaing your work/opinions

Enjoy ...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hey Sis!

Yup, that's my sister folks. If you want to understand the whole "trust" thing in her image, you got to remember that she's studying to become a doctor.

And... well... her skills with a knife are famous... or should I say infamous.

Welcome aboard Raiining! I can't wait to read all your posts!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
aww real sweet, Yarium its nice that you got your sister in to ATS i hope she enjoys it as much as you do,

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! What a nice welcome.

And watch it Yarium! No knife stories - I said no! My skills are improving, honest!

I've been reading around the boards - they seem really interesting. I didn't get any email saying there had been a reply to my thread, so I'm assuming either I wrote my email wrong or this board doesn't automatically email you once you have a reply.

Hmm, guess I could have just asked Yarium whether that was the case, eh? :: sigh :: I told you he was smarter than me! Grrrr...

new topics

top topics

join