It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UASI Grants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If your city or town is not on the PDF, I guess you don't count and no the EU is not on the list !

Just kidding. look on the PDF for your city and see how much cash you will get from Homeland Security this year. It looks good on paper I wonder how in the hell we are going to pay for it without raising taxes?

Homeland Security, I have a hard time adjusting to that term HS, it sound like a phrase from 1930's Germany, not 2006

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
January 3, 2006

"Quote"

Press Releases

www.dhs.gov...

DHS Introduces Risk-based Formula for Urban Areas Security Initiative Grants.

In fiscal year 2006, the department identified 35 areas eligible to apply for and receive funding. These 35 areas encompass 95 cities with populations of 100,000 or more. This year’s formula promotes a “super” UASI concept that is designed to build greater regional capabilities across a geographic area

PDF City link
www.dhs.gov...

[edit on 4-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
10-mile bufffers "from the border of the combined area"....

I am missing something here, I think...What are they actually planning on doing here with our urban area??

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Charlotte is getting a 10 mile buffer zone. I dunno what that means but I got a link to what it does, I'm about to read it.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
10-mile bufffers "from the border of the combined area"....

I am missing something here, I think...What are they actually planning on doing here with our urban area??

The 10 mile buffer zones will be used for one of two things.

1. to keep you in or out the 10 mile buffer area.
2. to control the population in and out of this 10 mile buffer zone.

In the events learned from Katrina, I believe that an effected area either from a natural disaster or from a WOT event is what the Government has planned.

Using areas already determined in this press release in an “event situation” we will be governed or overseen by Homeland Security Officials and all State and Local officials will report to this office for commands.

For instance lets use the St. Louis area as an example.

St. Louis sits on the Mississippi River and has two States that border the river, Illinois and Missouri.

In the greater St. Louis area there are multiple cities, towns and villages all with their own governments including police, fire and EMS personnel and so on.

In the event of a major disaster the homeland official will come in and take charge of this buffer region including both states, Illinois and Missouri and the communities with in this buffer.

This Homeland official will oversee all police, fire, EMS, Hospitals, Airports, Ports, Highways, local at state employees working in this buffer area to control civil unrest and assist in emergency recovery of citizens and property during the event.

And the funds allocated in the press release is the money to set up and run these homeland offices throughout the country.

As we seen during Katrina no one government agency took control until it was to late. FEMA had to deal with multiple State and local governments before acting and the Gulf State residents suffered because of the delay.

And I think by setting up such a command and control office, the Government thinks they can avoid the problems we all saw post Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So, the people inside the buffer zones are in a state of emergency, with few if any rights?
They can make me move even if there is no danger to my area.

What happens to the people inside the cities, in my state Detroit, Warren and Sterling Heights?
Consdiering the poor state of the government in Detroit, this is very scary news.
My brain must be numb, I'm not having any luck getting info on this

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
People need to read the article before jumping to conclusions. All that this says is that municipalities within the areas that are described are elegible to apply for Federal funding to continue DHS approved projects that have been previously started. There is nothing there about containment zones and other type garbage. One thing to note though is that many municipalities have been using DHS funds incorrectly. If this situation is corrected this project will actually result in a savings to the government. I don't think that DHS grant money should be used to fund DUI checkpoints and speedtraps.

new topics

top topics

join