It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What? Pentagon ORDERS soldiers home on leave to promote the war in Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Not just you truthseeka but this is not ATS material:

Originally posted by truthseeka
And Dronetek, yours was more lame because you attacked my name. Those facts suggest that you are 12 or are incapable of debating an issue at anything higher than a 12 year old level.

Thanks for asking for clarification.

Ah, I gotcha.

You're right, it looks like that was my bad. But, I'm the type of person who insults those who insult me back, and I did not initiate any insults, for the record. And, as I rarely am the first to insult someone during a debate or argument, I will continue to insult anyone who insults me first. I understand the consequences, but I'm just letting you know where I stand.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I will continue to insult anyone who insults me first. I understand the consequences, but I'm just letting you know where I stand.

Just letting you and everyone else know where we stand, warns(at the very least) WILL be handed out for insults. Let's dicsuss topics here with civility.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Great source BH. The script is interesting. Missed it if it was referenced earlier:

When I went back and checked his source, it had the EXACT same article that I posted, yet it's a "great" source.
What do you people have against Infowars? I guess Fox News Channel, CNN, or your local news channels are the only trustworthy news outlets...

A. It's HER source.
I'm female (no biggie)

B. The articles' first paragraph or so are different so I thought it was a different story. I apologize for listing it as a 2nd source. I see now that it's the same. No excuse, but I was being called away form my desk and shouldn't have posted it without checking more thoroughly.

C. I don't think anything is wrong with infowars as a source, but they are known to be VERY biased and skew stories far to the left. A second source is desired the same as with WorldNetDaily, for example.

D. Soficrow, forgive me for speaking for you, but Soficrow and I both put very little weight in FOX or CNN or TV entertainews, so that little comment is about as far from the mark as you can get. Politics aside, we both like to see a 2nd source, regardless of who the first one is, even if we happen to agree with it.

Hope that clears up some confusion.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

As for the validity of this article, I don't see you peeps protesting the FAKE news being put out by the Pentagon. That's right, they're ADMITTEDLY putting out fake news. A lot of this fake news comes from Iraq, but they're doing it here in the us too. Just look at the other article posted; that script is precisely the same one from the article I posted.

You dont?
Mabye you'd like to tell me how I didnt say that when I just said that several posts ago then?

Now that we're past the juvenile tactics used to discredit the article
, let's look at the better arguments. Of course the troops are going to have different opinions on this.
The PROBLEM is that they're being ORDERED to do this.

Juvenile? I'm asking questions about this report, are you telling me we shouldnt question what we're being told?
SIR YES SIR!
**Snaps off salute and gets three full bags***

Now why should these guys be ordered to say nothing but great things about the war? It would have been better (only slightly) if the Pentagon had decided that only the guys who support the effort would get all the press, while the dissenters would not have their opinions in the news as much. But noooo, EVERYONE has to agree with the script.

But the pentagon has not ordered EVERYONE to agree with the war, thats against human rights and regulations.

You like your propaganda, peeps? I hope you enjoy it, because there's plenty more to come.

You like not questioning the source of this information?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join