It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinky Friedman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hi all. I'm posting this question here to learn. I live in Texas, and keep hearing about Kinky Friedman, and his run for Governor. I've read about him, and would like to know what yall think. Most everything I have read has been positive, and somewhat bias. TIA

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Source
Richard F. "Kinky" Friedman, (born October 31, 1944 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American singer, songwriter, novelist and, currently, an independent candidate for the office of Governor of the State of Texas, United States.

That might help you out. The internet is your friend, use the search function...use it!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Back in the 70s " Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jew Boys" Put out some of the most wacked out western swing the Lone Star State had ever seen.

If his style of governing is anything like his musical style; I just might move back to Lubbock and vote for him.

It would be very refreshing to see an artist in the state house of Texas; rather than the lyin, stealin, selfserving scumbags that usually inhabit the place.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Source
Richard F. "Kinky" Friedman, (born October 31, 1944 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American singer, songwriter, novelist and, currently, an independent candidate for the office of Governor of the State of Texas, United States.

That might help you out. The internet is your friend, use the search function...use it!

I know how to use the internet. I posted the question here to get an educated response from individuals who actually pay attention to politics. I wasn't asking for a patronizing response with a Wikipedia link. I have used the search function on this site, and came up with nothing. Maybe I used it wrong. Either way, you can have your condescending arrogance back.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thanks for your response whaaa. I have to agree. He's got some really interesting ideas. We'll have to see.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
At the end of the day, you seem to have a problem with the bias review that people have been giving him so I posted links. The best thing you can do, is to research his career and to contact his Office. Otherwise it will be a bias view - it is a forum, this is where people post their opinion.

whaaa, clearly likes his style of Government and thus is bias, I am also bias and so is everyone else. There is no real discussion here as all you want is information about him.

Also my "condescending arrogance" was meant to be taken as a joke, as many people do not bother to use the search function on the site or on the internet.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Odium, I appreciate your response. I'm new here, and can't read someone's inflection in text. I'll lighten up.

The thing about Kinky, is that he doesn't have a political career. He's an entertainer. He has some great ideas which are both progressive, and make sence. The bias info I was refering to was by put out by his staff, and gave only "pros", and no "cons." I should have been more clear.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Diss, don't worry about being a little brittle, there are plenty of mods and others that love to exercise their authority with petty little remarks to those they have issues with. ATS is not a place for the thin skinned or whimps. Be forewarned. Sarcasm rules here. Hone your skills.

On second thought I'm not moving back to Lubbock. Galveston maybe.
I'll just send Kinky a Campaign contrubition if he decides to run. Even if he dosen't run, the issues he brings up will hopefully open some eyes and minds. PS. Catch Kinky live if you can. CDs good too.

If jesse Ventura could get elected; as Kinky says "how hard could it be?"
Oh yeah, I forgot der grabbenfuher;
Here's a little prediction; the elites are toast and they have their own arrogance to blame.
Peace!

[edit on 6-1-2006 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

join