It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's project this model belong to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What's project this model belong to?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I would say F-16 but I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why it isn't belong to ATF project?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think that is the Avro symbol on the mans coat, but am not sure.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Though I don't recall it being a twin-tail design, if that's 'Avro Canada' it might well be the ejector lift project which sought to give ASTOVL capabiltiies to an all-delta F-16 mod airframe by installing large plenum boxes in the wingroots.

Alternatively, could it be one of the early AST.103 (duhhh, IIRR) Eurofighter preconcepts?

KPl.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It does look like Avro, but they ceased to exist as an independant design house in 1962 when all the Hawker Siddeley companies ditched their historic names and instead began trading as divisions of Hawker Siddeley. Avro, at this time, Became known as 'Hawker Siddeley Aviation, Woodford Division'.

The design being invesatigated certainly looks a bit later than 1962, but its always possible that an old engineer kept his old overalls.

I doubt its one of the pre-Typhoon designs (AST 403) as Woodford was never involved in any fighter work, concentraiting on bomber and transport work.

The fighter teams were located at HSA Kingston (ex-Hawker) HSA Hatfield (ex De Havilland) and HSA Brough (ex-Blackburn).

Its a puzzler alright.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow. The front half looks like an F-16, the Back half like an F-18, And the wings like the F-106. Interesting. Perhaps it was another one of the Avro projects that never turned out, like the Avro hovercar.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It is aerodynamic model of Boeing microfighter designs from 1975, tested at AEDC. Some of them could be launched from Boeing B747.

www.arnold.af.mil... s%20Tested

top topics

join