It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call of the Banshee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I heard a call about a year ago now outside my house in the summer. My windows were open because of the summer heat and a very weird noise was made outside which woke me up. Queries to family members concluded I'd heard a banshee, and I also got told that my late gand mother heard them too. About six months later I watched a nature program about North American Elks and their mating call was very similar to the noise I'd heard. I live in the UK however.
Ive heard other strange noises outside my house too, such as an oscillating whirring noises.
Does anyone know of anything about banshees?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
In Sylvia Browne's book "Secrets and Mysteries of the World", she explains what the banshee is. I'm at work and I don't have the book with me... I also read the book a year ago so I may be off a bit but this is what I remember. She explains that that the soul lets out a primal scream right before it knows it's about to die. This explains why sailors would hear what they thought were "mermaids" singing, eventually crashing into a rock or land. The soul may warn of emminent danger or it goes unheard. She says it so happens that the banshee (or soul's cry) is heard more overseas in the UK because the air density, humdity, and other factors that are right for the sound to be heard.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The Howl of the Banshee;

First I never new North America had Banshees, There is a Irish wives tail that if you hear the wail of a Banshee someone in your family is going to die.
When I was a very young my father told me a story of how he had passed a small old woman dressed in black with one clubbed foot and a cain(a Banshee) on a country laneway she was cackling and mumbling as he passed, but once she was behind him my father told me she let out a scream like howl that scared him enough to run all the way home. When he had got home he was told by his mother that his grandmother had died.

ED/SP

[edit on 4/1/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Im half Irish from my dads side. Ive heard before that they are supposed to mean someone in your family will die and i had two relatives die after, but they were two weeks after the call. The North American bit only refers to the noise I heard resembling the North American Elk mating call. I live in good old Blighty.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I can do it myself and do so alot outside.
It will chill your bones. I am a singer and a very dark individual at times.
Its handy to put dogs in their place and scare the hell out of just about anyone.hehe.You breath in and screech.The more you can open your vocal cord the higher pitched and louder it gets.If you dont have enough lung power you might just end up sounding like a dying chicken.Mostly i just do vamp calls.But there is a more sinister call that you have to summon from the depths of your soul.You breath in deep to your belly and force hate and suffering into it.I did it once in the shower and then again infront of my mom.Im never allowed to do it in her house again.She said it sounded like
death blood curdling death.hehe.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Okay now do it in a podcast.. Will ya???

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yay sounds good just give me a little time to get a mic to hook up ive never done a podcast but ive been wanting to do some.Its pretty cool.Look for it soon...

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just posted my first podcast and added a small shriek at the end you gotta understand that I have a horrible microphone.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've just heard it. That was cool Toraylin. I know a lot of people who would jump up a tree if they heard that outside in the dark!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well I hope you never get my back up against the wall.hehe lol
Its really horrible to hear in life,and to do it to a to deep degree can really do some damage to someones ears.Aswell as create some weird vibes in myself.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
I just posted my first podcast and added a small shriek at the end you gotta understand that I have a horrible microphone.

How do I find the pod cast???
Ignorent yes.
WIS

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well at the top of the screen click on the podcast button.
this will take you to the podcast page look for the scarecrow report by me.Its at the end when I sign out.lol

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hay Tor
Thank You that was soooo good, I thought I was all alone.
Thank you I am thrilled and your words are so kind, good going. The shriek was amazeing, I feel a little less odd now.

WIS

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
WalkInSilence...

Im glad that you liked the scarecrow report..Im working on the second part now...The shriek you heard wasnt much of one and the mic i was using sucked Im looking to do many reports and trust me they will be interesting
Thank you so much for the support....The Scarecrow

zef

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I once played a very avant garde piano piece entitled the Banshee. It involved strumming the strings inside the piano with the pedal depressed. Boy was it creepy.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A Ban-Shee(spirit-woman) is a messenger sent from the spirit dimension to notify relatives of a death. Sometimes she is seen as a ghost like figure in white and sometimes she is only heard wailing. She is associated with the Celtic peoples of Ireland,Scotland,Wales ans Galicia in Spain. My father-in-law, who was in Ireland ,as a young man saw her . The next day he got a telegram from U.S.A that his uncle had died.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its the creepiest thing to see. There is alot of banshee lore within the world of the gypsys.Actually many gypsys delve into the realm of the grey.
This is one of the reasons why I know this shriek.The dead are around us at all times.Many could not handle being able to see and feel them at every turn and corner.

In many times energy stains can be felt or seen around those who are about to recieve news of death or ill otherwise.

In my days as a gypsy.Ive turned into what I call a scarecrow a form of
my own persona within the realms.I have been taught through means that the events that surround us are contained in what can be looked at as an
etheral liquid sometimes it is thick sometimes it is thin.We are connected to
the events that surround us.The new age culture of the real world promotes singularity within the population yet we effect eachother emmensly.

Part of being a banshee is being able to detect such things as the deaths of those who are connected to the lifeline of those around us.

all for now...Scarecrow

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
WalkInSilence...

Im glad that you liked the scarecrow report..Im working on the second part now...The shriek you heard wasnt much of one and the mic i was using sucked Im looking to do many reports and trust me they will be interesting
Thank you so much for the support....The Scarecrow

I'm glad it wasn't much of one...my best mate can do the same noise times about ten. ( i know recordings can be decieving ). i assume you can do that much louder....

....here in Australia, rather than calling it the noise of the banshee, we call it cry of the terydactyl ( please excuse spelling )

I am terydactyl here me screech!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thats some interesting info friend.Oh and I couldnt really record the loudest I can do I would just get mostly static.And thats on a good mic.

I like your avatar. Decepticons rock!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
toraylin, you said that you were a gypsy. May I ask you a question regarding gypsies?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join