It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 5, makes bong in class

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Things like this make me fear for the future of humanity....

A five-year-old Territory girl shocked teachers when she showed her class how to make a bong out of a Coke bottle during a ``show and tell'' session.

The incident took place at a primary school in Darwin's northern suburbs.

The revelation comes amid mounting concerns over drug use among Territory primary school students.

At least two instances have been reported to the Education Department of children aged between five and 12 being caught with drugs at school.

In one case the drug was amphetamine. Teachers have indicated this may be the tip of the iceberg.

news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
if she can fashion a bong at age 5, i think we might have a new einstein!

seriously though 5-12 yr olds doing drugs?
i could see 12 yr old trying out osme weak stuff but say a 7 yr old? Dizamn

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Maybe just something that she has learned by watching what her parrents do?

HITS FROM THE BONG..

But seriously, this is still sad..

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Thats horrible. I can barely imagine that even possible.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's sad. But from what I see at school everyday i don't doubt it. There are probably lots more than we think.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
if she can fashion a bong at age 5, i think we might have a new einstein!

seriously though 5-12 yr olds doing drugs?
i could see 12 yr old trying out osme weak stuff but say a 7 yr old? Dizamn

Most likely she copied what she saw her parents doing. Truly sad.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm sure with the zero tolerance rules in school now that she has been keelhauled and expelled forever...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i feel sorry for her, unless she is doing the drugs that go with it, then i feel anger at her parents.

we used to find bongs on our school oval in grade 4 and 5 (9 & 10 years old) but we didnt know what they were untill we were older, and we certainly didnt know how to make them.

sad very sad that this could happen in this day and age.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
i think she has just copyed what she has seen somewhere....

atleast its not a crack bong out of a coke can..

maybe her parrents smoke a bit of pot here and there... i aint going to make snap judgements i know alot of nice potheads.....

plus if her parrents smoke pot.. less chance of them being violent drunk's...

she probably has parrents who are like hippys who listen to pink floyd and jimmi hendrix and smoke pot all day...

thats probably pretty cool.. she is probably well looked after ... but then again maybe not?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
id certainly be more worryed about a child who lives with an alcoholic... rather than a pothead..

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This happened in Darwin?

That doesnt surprise me.

Darwin is up the top north of Australia, population is about 103,000, give or take. It is an increadably isolated town, closer to Indonesia and Papua NEw Guinea than most other capitol cities in Australia. The most populous cities here are Melbourne and SYdney, down in the lower right hand corner of the map.

on this map you can see Darwin at the top centre of Aus

With such a small town there isnt a whole lot to DO there. So people tend to resort to drugs. It's also HOT. Increadably hot and humid .

As far as temperature is concerned, Darwin has a very consistent climate throughout the year. In November (Darwin�s warmest month) the average high temperature is 92 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average low temperate is 78 degrees Fahrenheit. In Darwin�s coldest month, which is July, the average high temperature is 89 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average low is 67 degrees Fahrenheit. The difference in temperature between the warmest and coldest months is only 3 degrees for the highs and 11 degrees for the lows.

Towns like that, you tend to get a high incidence of drug/alcohol abuse. There is usually a high incidence of unemployment there too. I've travelled Aus pretty extensively and seen 5 year olds who can make bongs for the parents, just because that's the only thing for mum and dad to do.

This kid just decided to show it to the public. More than likely, mum and dad were too stoned to tell her not to say anything.

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by mulberryblueshimmer]

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i mean sure... all the pot smoke is probably not doing her poor lungs much good.. but hell ciggys and pollution are probably just as bad..

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
To me, it seems much more likely that an older brother/sister is to blame, they could have taught her to do it for a joke.

Not funny though I do admit.

A ten year old girl died here a couple of weeks ago, because she ate an ecstacy tablet she found on the floor. She wasn't even in her own house. The dead girls parents used to let her go and play at this ladies house, apparently all the kids liked hanging out with this lady and her boyfriend, they were in their mid twenties. Anyway one day when she was playing around at their house the girl found one of the boyfriends ecstacy tablets on the floor, she ate it, then died in Hospital later that day.

The boyfriend has just started a six year jail sentance for drug dealing, but was cleared of manslaughter.

Maybe everyone will disagree but I think it is time to regulate all hard drugs, take them out the hands of the dealers and treat addicts as addicts and not criminals.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The incident took place at a primary school in Darwin's northern suburbs.

I love the significance of the locale, hehe....

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
5 year old making a bong?? LMAO!!! No way. Hell Im 23 and I dont even know where to begin to make a bong. Damm these kids today!!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
No but seriously though.

I hope she didn't learn to make a bong from her parents because if she did, then Im kinda worried about the future of this girl.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
im worried about my future i use the word probably, probably too much

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
young'ns should smoke pot it stunts their emotional growth

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That's alarming. I spend most of my time in Montreal, wich is a #ing big city here, and the drug use is really high. I've seen a lot of youngies doing drugs, sometimes they must have been around 10 years old or somethign. But DAWM, a five years that knows how to make a bong?!?!? This is bad. Really bad.

And what said banjoechef is true. Sadly true indeed.
I spent my high schools years smoking unbelievable quantity of pot and hashish (to name just that). I met my first girlfriend a couple of week after graduating, while I was smoking less and less often.

I just didn't cared before. Drugs #s up the mind. Now I know that young minds are not strong enough to handle regular usage of drugs.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm 19 years old, I've been smoking skunk every day for the past 3/4 years, and occasionally before then since I was 13. I certainly see now that starting to smoke weed was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

"And if
there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that drugs destroy your mind. And destroy
your home. In the end it'll only lead our country into ruin"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join