It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does complexity rule out intelligent design?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Don't you think that the complexity of things sort of opposes intelligent design? Surely if it was truely intelligent it would be very simple.

The only thing to counter this is that God is all knowing and his omnipotence allows it to be simple to Him, yet complicated to us.

Hmm....just a thought, what do you people reckon?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What do you mean by "complexity"? Do you mean just "detailed"? I don't think reality is so much complex as it is large and interconnected, and therefore highly detailed.

By way of analogy, relationships between numbers are infinitely detailed, as there are infinitely many of them. I don't think that's the same as saying that the concept is complex though.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mashup
Don't you think that the complexity of things sort of opposes intelligent design? Surely if it was truely intelligent it would be very simple.

So based on your logic computers, automobiles, aircraft of any variety, lasers, modern weaponry, and any other complex invented thing requires less intelligence to create then piles of sand, piles of rocks, and crystals.

The only thing to counter this is that God is all knowing and his omnipotence allows it to be simple to Him, yet complicated to us.

Untrue. The only person I've ever heard put a constraint that products of intelligent design must be simple is you. Intelligent design doesn't make any assumption about God anyway. He is not part of the equation.

new topics

join