It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Wallyworld Order...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Now, I pick on Walmart but I shop there for my essentials (dishsoap, laundry soap, soap-soap, and of course TP).

Last night I watched the Frontline show Is Wal-Mart good for America. The most disturbing things about their practices were the fact that they actually tell their suppliers to move all of their manufacturing operations overseas to China, and Wal-mart sets the price for all the goods that it buys. They control their suppliers. If a supplier doesn't like the price they drop them and move on.

It herds these suppliers into these tiny box like conference rooms and basically tells them what price they are going to pay. In a little less than a decade they have completely changed the nature of the game...them some true hustlers. I literally sat on the edge of my seat in awe of what they have done.

I have to believe after watching this thing that Wal-mart is a major catalyst in the decline in manufacturing of essentials/clothing in this country. They practically demand that their suppliers use cheap labor. In the show they explained how Wal-mart effectively put Rubbermaid out of business when it refused to fix the cost of its products to fit Wal-marts price requirements. So for suppliers its either play ball or go under, please believe they are all playing ball with Wal-mart...whose profits this year are expected to be over 300billion--that's right billion!

In the words of Wal-Mart CFO Tom Schoewe, Wal-Mart's sales are equal to "one IBM, one Hewlett Packard, one Dell computer, one Microsoft and one Cisco System -- and oh, by the way, after that we got $2 billion left over."

Walmart at a glance

I'm a consumer of these low cost goods, and therefore contributing to this madness! Ignorance should be denied but sometimes ignorance is bliss...how I'm gone buy my deodorant at wal-mart now that I know they are a forcing millions out of the middle class into poverty with these oh so lovely priced items that we need? And there was an interview with a guy who was displaced by Wal-marts practices. In the lot to his now empty plant guess what they are building? A Wal-mart superstore...he'll prolly end up working there though he said he wouldn't.

check out the link there is a stream to the entire show...wal-mart actually participated in it. they already know that I want to buy my deodorant for a buck as opposed to three fiddy. why should they feel threatened by these exposés? over 300billion...yeesh sirrrr!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I hope I'm not the only one shocked by Walmart's involvement with forced outsourcing, or maybe I'm just the last to know? Either way I was hoping to get a discussion going on whether or not Walmart's existence is good for America especially since they don't care what we think, and will continue to demand that the goods they supply are made in China.

join