It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head and Shoulders. (The Shampoo)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You've all seen the adverts, you may have even used it.

BIG MISTAKE!

Head and Shoulders does get rid of dandruff... and half your scalp! The chemicals in it take off alot of your scalp and really isn't doing you any good. Also, once you stop using it, the dandruff comes back (making the company richer!)

I know what you're asking... So, xeroxed, what do we dandruff-haters do?

Simple!

Before you wash your hair, rub some vinegar (yes, i know it smells like s**t but it's worth it... no pun intended
) into your hair/scalp and let it dry. Once it has dried, wash your hair how you would normally. Repeat for the next 3 to 5 days and voila! You are dandruff free!

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I agree, whenever I use Head and Shoulders I can feel how rough it is on my scalp. I prefer to use Pantene's dandruff shampoo, it isn't as strong but works well enough and it doesn't feel rough on my scalp.

I am not about to rub vinegar on my scalp. I have a bad memory tied to the smell of vinegar and it makes me really sick.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Have any proof to back up those accusations? I use Head and Shoulders all the time, and I've been dandruff free for around a year. I also use the Dry Scalp conditioner, which helps alot with the dandruff too. It works really well, wouldnt stop using it.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Have any proof to back up those accusations? I use Head and Shoulders all the time, and I've been dandruff free for around a year. I also use the Dry Scalp conditioner, which helps alot with the dandruff too. It works really well, wouldnt stop using it.

Well everyone has different skin types. I personally have sensitive skin, therefore I have a sensitive scalp ( a major reason I get dandruff in the first place) so yeah the harsh chemicals in the more potent shampoos irritate my scalp. You probably have a tough scalp.

Hey if it works for you and doesn't irritate you, then go for it!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I dont think ill be putting any vinegar in my hair any time soon.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I've used Head and Shoulders almost every day since high school, and my hair has had no problems whatsoever, and my scalp has been just fine.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I've used Head and Shoulders almost every day since high school, and my hair has had no problems whatsoever, and my scalp has been just fine.

Key words: "every day"

Have you stopped using it? You'll soon see that after you stop using it, the dandruff will return.

I have a really sensitive scalp, even when I dye my hair my scalp stings like $h!t.

dreamlandmafia, I'll do a bit of research later to support my claims.

Vinegar
Okay, I found a better method of using vinegar for getting rid of dandruff:

Make a mixture of 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 6 teaspoons of water and apply it on the scalp before you go to bed. Keep it for the whole night with a towel around the head. Rinse your head water in the morning.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Every day for six years, and the only reason it's not now, is because I don't take as good care of my hair as I did when I was younger. I have never had a problem with head and shoulders, in any way, shape or form.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
THe smell of vinegar actually goes away completely once the hair is dry. Try it.

I actually used it a couple of times to remove buildup. It works but it makes my hair too squeaky clean and flying all over the place.

Vinegar also neutralizes the alkali left by shampoos.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Need a quick fix?

Use a vacuum cleaner.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Lint rollers are fine as well... xD

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Or always ware white shirts...and never black.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Old thread, but I was perusing and figured I'd add in a little trick.

If you hate vinegar there is something just as effective and natural. Epsom salts. Rub about a tablespoon into your scalp - as an exfoliant - and then shampoo as normal. No stink

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I just use Big Head Moisture Maniac seems to keep the head pretty moist and no flakes, that is when I decide to take a shower...yeah that's right I'm a dirty bastard what you gonna do about it?!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
I just use Big Head Moisture Maniac seems to keep the head pretty moist and no flakes, that is when I decide to take a shower...yeah that's right I'm a dirty bastard what you gonna do about it?!

I hate to take a shower too.

But it is amazing how good I feel when I finally do take the plunge.

Thanks for making me laugh.

new topics

top topics

join