It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to withdraw funding for rebuilding Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
michaelyon.blogspot.com...

Throughout his blog, there are numerous examples of everyday successes in Iraq.

Oh Yes.

Mister Yon and his Independant Blog.

SURE!

I am positive that the General from the US 25th Infantry Division, where Yon was Embedded in, allowed him to Write ANYTHING in his bLog, without any Military Supervison and Censorship. His stories from Iraq are more like from another Parallel Universe.

And I bet that the US Military wont Shut down his Blog! He doesn't write that Anti-War, IslamoFascist stuff about blown-up tanks and gritty comments on urban warfare.

We will have NONE of that Commie Crap in the US Army - or their Blogs!

Also a Former Special Forces Green Barret, I am sure that his view on the War in Iraq is totally in completly Independant and without any Agenda whatsoever.

You will he happy to know that mister Bruce Willis will soon do a Movie, based on Yon's blogs; oh and WHAT a movie that will be: "make a pro-war film in which American soldiers will be depicted as brave fighters for freedom and democracy."

Wow.

What's the title?

Die Hard IV: The Return to the Gulf?

[edit on 6/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well well souljah, you are the one to be questioning sources and his source is not questionable because it is openly biased, he is reporting things he seen. The same can be said for ANY source you have quoted (and I have checked) , the sources you quote are biased and only report mainly one side of the war.

Now the military does not control his blog if they want to shut it down he needs to be breaking a law or agreement with them.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
The same can be said for ANY source you have quoted (and I have checked) , the sources you quote are biased and only report mainly one side of the war.

Are you trying to say that mister Ex Green Barret Yon does NOT have Biased reporting in his online bLog? I mean, the only thing that is missing is a little Fox News link on his site!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Are you trying to say that mister Ex Green Barret Yon does NOT have Biased reporting in his online bLog?

No I am not , hell I even said it in my post!

I mean, the only thing that is missing is a little Fox News link on his site!

And your sig is missing aljazeerah because?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Are you trying to say that mister Ex Green Barret Yon does NOT have Biased reporting in his online bLog?

No I am not , hell I even said it in my post!

Then Please Forgive my Ignorance!

And your sig is missing aljazeerah because?

No Comment.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Are you trying to say that mister Ex Green Barret Yon does NOT have Biased reporting in his online bLog? I mean, the only thing that is missing is a little Fox News link on his site!

Are you implying that his previous service disqualifies him from being an independent reporter? Yes or no?

You are one to talk. You relish in presenting instances of former and present US servicemen who protest the war as being proof positive that your position is correct.

If he is biased, so what? Give me the name of an unbiased news source. Even if he is biased, his photos of the successes in Iraq cannot be denied.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Are you implying that his previous service disqualifies him from being an independent reporter? Yes or no?

I am saying that his Independancy is Higly Unlikely, since his Military History, the role that suits him better IMHO is a role of an Information Warrior, spreading the kind of News from Iraq that the Army wants him.

If he did not do that, he would get BANNED, as the Other Blogs, right?

You are one to talk. You relish in presenting instances of former and present US servicemen who protest the war as being proof positive that your position is correct.

I can talk whatever I want, and I can Express Opinion about this Independant Journalist Ex-Green Barret.

I am saying, that his Blog looks like a Military Propaganda Textbook - all Smiling Faces, everybody is Happy, everybody is Great - as if there isn't a War going on in Iraq!

Tell me, has in his Long Blog, mister Yon EVER Critisized the US Armed forces in Iraq or the US Goverment?

I THINK NOT!

And he had Plenty of Opportunities to do so.

If he is biased, so what? Give me the name of an unbiased news source. Even if he is biased, his photos of the successes in Iraq cannot be denied.

So you ADMIT that he is Biased?

I belive that his Photos are from Iraq - but he is reporting One Side Only.

Were there any Photos of Dead US Soldiers?

Of Torn apart Bodies of Iraqi Civilans, pulled out from the rubble of a destroyed House by an US Air Attack?

I think NOT.

Therefore he is nothing but a tool of US Military Propaganda Machine, and his Independant Reporting is really Laughable.

[edit on 7/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I am saying that his Independancy is Higly Unlikely, since his Military History, the role that suits him better IMHO is a role of an Information Warrior, spreading the kind of News from Iraq that the Army wants him.

Pot calling kettle black again souljah, you fight like he does and provide links that dont support anything the ARMED FORCES or FORIGN governments say or do.

If he did not do that, he would get BANNED, as the Other Blogs, right?

If so then how come the armed forces have not shut down more blogs and more specifically the actual corporate media?

I can talk whatever I want, and I can Express Opinion about this Independant Journalist Ex-Green Barret.

I am saying, that his Blog looks like a Military Propaganda Textbook - all Smiling Faces, everybody is Happy, everybody is Great - as if there isn't a War going on in Iraq!

Tell me, has in his Long Blog, mister Yon EVER Critisized the US Armed forces in Iraq or the US Goverment?

I THINK NOT!

And he had Plenty of Opportunities to do so.

Have we every heard you say "good job" to the coalitionforces in iraq or thier governments because you've had plenty of opertunities to do so.

So you ADMIT that he is Biased?

I belive that his Photos are from Iraq - but he is reporting One Side Only.

HA!
Pot calling kettle , this is kettle come in pot. LOL, with respect you can talk souljah about one sided reporting lol.

Of Torn apart Bodies of Iraqi Civilans, pulled out from the rubble of a destroyed House by an US Air Attack?

Where are the happy smiling faces of the people who had thier hosue rebuilt? Who had fresh water?
Were is all of the OTHER side of the war in YOUR posts?

I think NOT.

Therefore he is nothing but a tool of US Military Propaganda Machine, and his Independant Reporting is really Laughable.

[edit on 7/1/06 by Souljah]

With respect, your being a hypocrit, if you dont want to us to prove you to be one and frankly make you a laughing stock of ATS I suggest you take that back.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

from souljah So you ADMIT that he is Biased?

I notice that you evaded the challenge: Give me the name of an unbiased news source. You evaded that one, didn't you?

Because you cannot name one, can you?

This false statement is due to your skewed outlook on life in general. There are plenty of examples of the consequences of war. Contrary to your opinion, it is not necessary for Mr. Yon to condemn the US to make his photos and journal entries true.

Besides, davenman asked for

Now I ask again, show some of our money's worth in Iraq, please?

So I was responding to that.

You only see what you want to see.

Michael has on occasion dedicated an entire section to coalition casualties. Michael Yon is a dedicated, honest, independant journalist.

This is (one of) your problem: Independant does not mean unbiased, something you cannot grasp.

PS: It is obvious that you have had no military experience beyond the keyboard, so please do not talk of things that you cannot even spell. Like Green Beret.:shk:

[edit on 7-1-2006 by jsobecky]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join