It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I Offer 100,000 Of My Points As A Prize???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'm sure the Mods could work this out in some way that I could offer this prize.

100,000 ATS Points

Points from my account to the member that hits the 100,000th tag.
(I'm sure SO could track the exact number in some way)

I have the points to pay the prize, and we are almost half way to 100,000 with about 46,500 tags in place. And 471 members have tagged.

It might draw more of the members into tagging the threads and speed up the project. And it might add a bit more fun to the whole thing.

Anyone that wants to tag can see the main thread at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

For 500 random threads that need tags see this link:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think this is a very good idea, i dont know if the mods will be able to acuratly do this or not.

But this is a realy good idea.

Picklewalsh
(ps or you could just give them to me,
)

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
anxietydisorder, I suggest you use the gripe/idea function or U2U one of the administrators.

Last I remember they are able to remove and give points, so...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
anxietydisorder, I suggest you use the gripe/idea function or U2U one of the administrators.

I thought of that, but doing this with a thread will bring more attention to the "Content Tagging Project".

I'm using the u2u function as necessary, and I'm never too shy to hit the gripe/idea button when called for, but I'd like to see this topic out in the open as much as possible. Some members are still totally unaware of the benefits and ramifications of the whole tagging system, and it would be nice to see more members involved.

My catchy offer of 100,000 points should bring some traffic, and I hope some of those will be Admin. and they'll take me up on my offer.

At the very least, a few more members will add a few more tags.

500 threads that need tags........

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm sure the admin can give whatever point prizes are needed to stimulate tag creation without you having to give up your points.

My fear is that overstimulation of tag creation will cause quality to suffer for quantity.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Last I remember they are able to remove and give points, so...

And supers...

I'll pitch the idea in Cosmic, linking here...but you shouldn't have to give up your own points for this....

Also, I know of at least one member who amassed a whopping 40,000 plus points just from content tagging alone, so it in itself is a pretty good reward....

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I agree with DJ, quality, not quantity. quality quality quality quality!

That, of course, is just my opinion. I don't own the board, I am just the lovable, adorable jack-booted thug.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Also, I know of at least one member who amassed a whopping 40,000 plus points just from content tagging alone, so it in itself is a pretty good reward....

I am not to far off from that myself, if your calling microsoft for phone support and you get me, odds are I am ignoring you and reading ATS

Hope my supervisor does not see this

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I agree with DJ, quality, not quantity. quality quality quality quality!

Totally true, TC.

However, there is the fact that a few members, like myself, have made it a project for themselves to get up to the 25% which SO stated he needed to initialize the new search engine. The fact that taggers have taken the time to tag in a serious way should not immediately put them under suspicion of 'negligent tagging practices'. I know that's not what is being said here, but the inference is there. I wish there was at least another 2 dozen taggers going strong like Anxiety Disorder, Seekerof, Dust in the Wind, chissler and Ace of Base (among others)...then we'd get this new engine working sooner, rather than later.

I'm retired and have plenty of time on my hands. I've taken to tagging in a serious way to 'get to that 25%', not so much to just accumulate points (which I can't use at the mall).

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I thought I'd run it up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes.
The 100,000 points I'm offering came from tagging, so it would be nice if I could throw them back into the project in some way that would benefit the whole project.

I can always get more points, but some members might jump at the chance to get a 100,000 point bonus.

Well, the idea's out there................

Go Forth And Tag.....

500 threads that need tags:

[edit on 4/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hey if it helps I will donate oh...say...hmmm..how about

12 ATS
15 BTS
19 PTS
points, as long as it is a tax write off somehow!

Also we should have a point check off system where we can donate 1 point to...oh...my tea is ready...nevermind!

- One Man Short

top topics

join