It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Strike Kills Iraqi Family of 12

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Your country took part in WW1 namely breaking the UN convention law against chemical weapons.
Your country also took part in WW2, which helped take part in the genocide of over 3 million people.

Be VERY Careful when you talk about History of a Country you have No Idea of. I come from Slovenia and in the WWI our Boys Fought and Died in many numbers for some Foreign Imperialistic Causes. What Chemical Weapons you are talking about is Beyond me and a bunch of complete and utter Crap.

How exactly will you connect the Nazi killing of 3 Million people to MY People will be really Interesting to see.

Got any PROOF for your Accusations, or should I Trust your own Words?

Sadly you are out of your Leage here Boy - if you wanna play this game, lets Accuse the United States of a Genocide from Dropping Nuclear Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and for Carpet Bombing German Civilian Population, shall we?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by devilwasp

Sadly you are out of your Leage here Boy - if you wanna play this game, lets Accuse the United States of a Genocide from Dropping Nuclear Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and for Carpet Bombing German Civilian Population, shall we?

What is sad is your inability to ditingusih between terrorisim and all out total world war.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
As for Mr. Chomsky, as I stated earlier, he is just a celebrated linguist. His thoughts and opinions hold as much water as my own or a movie actor.

That is ofcourse YOUR Opinion - not a Fact.

Fact is that Mister Chomsky has been around Longer then You (I think
) and me combined, and I belive that he Did his Homework very Well. The Only problem that you have with him, is not that he is a Linguist, but that he has some Good Points, that go Against the American Foreign Politics for Decades.

Let me ask you something:

Have you, Are you or Will you Serve in a Military Forces?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Have you, Are you or Will you Serve in a Military Forces?

Yes As I have stated before.
I am a Cherokee with a great great grandfather who was greman (thus my blue eyes and blonde hair
) great times as I was growing up

I server in the US Air Force from 1979 through 1991
I did a stint in Lebanon right after they blew up the marine barracks
I went to Grenada
I also was in the Gulf War. (Remember, I mentioned that I was one of the ones providing food, water and even my own boots to Iraqi combatants
)
I served in the military for the sole purpose of traveling the world and learning about people from various nations. I am still proud of my service in the USAF. That is why I have a problem with those who abuse the members of the military. Who paint all the same for the actions of one. Members of the military go out of their way to help those in the communitiees that they find themselves in. That has been my experience. This I have seen with my own two eyes.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah I come from Slovenia and in the WWI our Boys Fought and Died in many numbers for some Foreign Imperialistic Causes. What Chemical Weapons you are talking about is Beyond me and a bunch of complete and utter Crap.

he's referring to the use of Mustard Gas by the Germans in WWI. If your country was fighting for them, based on much of your argument, they too should be condemned as terrorists and, therefore, held accountable, even though this happened in a war that ocurred almost a century ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

for the record, I am not accusing slovenia of any wrongdoing, nor am I saying your country should be tried for any crimes they might have been associated with a hundred years ago, merely pointing out the line of reasoning.

I

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
I server in the US Air Force from 1979 through 1991
I did a stint in Lebanon right after they blew up the marine barracks
I went to Grenada
I also was in the Gulf War.

Thank You for your Honesty, Sir.

Explains Alot.

Another Question:

Why do you think the United States Invaded Granada in 1983?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ahh thats why Souljah really doesnt care less about Terrorist attacks, his country hasnt experienced one in the Modern age.

I hope for Slovenias sake it remains that way.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
And what does any of this have with the topic? Hmm? Nothing. Let's get back to it.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
he's referring to the use of Mustard Gas by the Germans in WWI. If your country was fighting for them, based on much of your argument, they too should be condemned as terrorists and, therefore, held accountable, even though this happened in a war that ocurred almost a century ago.

Firstly, my Country NEVER Invaded any other Foreign Country to Liberate it from a Dictatorship, Communist or any other Evil Regime. My Country WAS the target of these Imperialistic Tendencies for Centuries. My People have Fought the Opressors for as long as the History goes. We fought Romans, French, Turks, Austro-Hungarians, Germans, Italians - you Name it! They all wanted this Little Piece of Our LAND that we Have.

Secondly, when our Boys Fought in the WWI, they fought mostly AGAINST each other, for the Good Empires yet again divided the Nation in Half, and sent Brothers to kill Each other. So, if you ask me, who is to blame for the Chemical Attacks, that the GERMANS used, you can start blaming German Generals, and not the Nation, whos only Contribution to the War was the Sacrifice of the Young People.

Thirdly, in the WWII when the Italians, the Germans and the Hungarians decided to Cut our country in 3 Pieces and Rule it, the Partisan Resistance was seen as Communist Terrorists by the Third Reich. What Italians, Germans and Hungarians DID in Our Country is a War Crime - not the Will of People to Defend their Homes and their Way of Life.

And Finally, we have NEVER invaded or attacked anybody, when on the other side the American Empires did perforom Lots of those Liberations from Evil Regimes since the End of World War.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Why do you think the United States Invaded Granada in 1983?

Although the media and the goverment stated that is was for the protection of american students, It was actually about getting rid of the marxist goverment that had just slaughtered a number of it's own people for releasing a jailed ex-prime minister. It was also an attempt to give the US a boost after losin the 240 marines in the Lebanon attack.

And Intrepid, I afree we need to get back on track. And I still stand by my stance that the deaths of the family is / was a regretable accident that was caused by bad intel. It was not a terroristic act by the US.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thirdly, in the WWII when the Italians, the Germans and the Hungarians decided to Cut our country in 3 Pieces and Rule it, the Partisan Resistance was seen as Communist Terrorists by the Third Reich. What Italians, Germans and Hungarians DID in Our Country is a War Crime - not the Will of People to Defend their Homes and their Way of Life.

It was our pleasure to save you guys from the clutches of Evil, now we can all sit back and appreciate our freedom.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
And what does any of this have with the topic? Hmm? Nothing. Let's get back to it.

This is the second request to get back on topic and back off the politics in less than one hour

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What Chemical Weapons you are talking about is Beyond me and a bunch of complete and utter C'''.

Slovenia ratified the CWC on 11 June 1997[57] and made its initial declaration to the OPCW on 6 November 1997.[58] Slovenia declared the existence of a quantity of old chemical weapons on Slovenian territory.[59] These weapons, predating 1925, were probably items leftover from battles conducted on Slovenian territory during World War

Source

So much for it being C*&% as you say. You can clearly see they declared they had them at one time.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OK, I'll break it down into simpler terms, the next off topic post collects a lovely red flag. M'kay?

Third and LAST verbal warning.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is one time I'll definitely agree with the critics...

Why in the hell are we doing air strikes when the mission is supposedly accomplished? If a home is suspected of sheltering insurgents...send TROOPS to it to verify it!!! Jeez! To think that we are STILL doing this (air strikes in urban areas), makes my damn ashamed of my country's leadership....and quite honestly, sick to my stomach....

Sending a bomb into a house because one SUSPECTS insurgents??? You damn well better KNOW before employing such tactics... With such incidents, there will NEVER be trust established between the US and Iraqis, and we'd be the ones to blame for it.... This is absolutely deplorable, and the administration should be held accountable for such brutality.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

How exactly will you connect the Nazi killing of 3 Million people to MY People will be really Interesting to see.

Got any PROOF for your Accusations, or should I Trust your own Words?

Well, this may be what dw was referring to:

Here in Slovenia, the most prosperous of the former Yugoslav republics and the only one on a fast track toward EU membership, a related controversy has arisen. In World War II, Slovenia was divided and annexed by Mussolini’s Italy and the Hitler’s Third Reich. The only real anti-Fascist and anti-Nazi resistance came from Tito’s Partisans, who were led by Communists.

Against them were Slovenian rightists who believed that the threat of postwar Communism was more dangerous than the occupying Germans and Italians, and many of these anti-Communists were enlisted into collaborationist ‘’White Guard’’ or ‘’Home Guard’’ units to help the Germans hunt down the Partisans. According to Franklin Lindsay, an American who parachuted into Slovenia with the OSS to help the Partisans during the war, there may have been even more White Guards than Partisans.
In the Slovenian capital, the Catholic Church threw its lot in with the Germans and Italians, while in other parts of the country priests helped the resistance.
www.dailytimes.com.pk...

What league are you referring to? And go ahead and accuse my country of genocide all you want, it will go nicely on the mantle with all your other accusations. If you wanna discuss who killed more innocent civilians with WMD's in WWII let's start a thread on it, we can chat about the Japanese use of bio and chem weapons, care to match numbers?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Why in the hell are we doing air strikes when the mission is supposedly accomplished? If a home is suspected of sheltering insurgents...send TROOPS to it to verify it!!! Jeez! To think that we are STILL doing this (air strikes in urban areas), makes my damn ashamed of my country's leadership....and quite honestly, sick to my stomach....

You obviously have a better grasp of warfare than the generals in charge.

Why would you risk the lives of soldiers when you can just use a bomb? What country wouldn’t chose to bomb over the possibility of soldiers be killed in close quarters combat? What if the intelligence is time sensitive and you got to act?

The point im trying to make is that you and I know nothing. For you to make a statement like you did implies that you know what you are talking about, when in fact you have no idea what you are talking about. War is a dirty business that does affect innocent civilians.

Why would you be disgusted by a country that does everything in its power to avoid hurting civilians?

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This is one time I'll definitely agree with the critics...

Sending a bomb into a house because one SUSPECTS insurgents??? You damn well better KNOW before employing such tactics... With such incidents, there will NEVER be trust established between the US and Iraqis, and we'd be the ones to blame for it.... This is absolutely deplorable, and the administration should be held accountable for such brutality.

I compleatly agree the international comunity needs to call for a independent investigation into the tactics employed by the US orces over there.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No argument about the stupidity of the tactics involved. They indeed should have sent troops to investigate, detain, and/or kill the targets. The fact remains, to my eye at least, it was a tragic accident, not an act of terrorism. Terrorism is intent to kill that family. Had it been known that there were family members present, the bomb would not have been dropped.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Back on track with the topic of the thread, I think Souljah said it all when he said that the bombs might be getting "smarter" but the people aren't.

Mistakes are made and will continue to be made, and, unfortunately, civilians will be killed. Let's be thankful that the civilians aren't killed off like they have been in the past, while also looking for ways of being even cleaner.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join