It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the insiders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
it has come to me.. that many of you post very interesting information dealing with pretty 'super sensative' information reguarding secret government society, extraterrestrials, etc. you say what you think or claim to have 'heard or seen it somewhere', then you get the occasional response asking you.. 'got a link to support that claim?', i find these responses frequently when dealing with pretty 'plausable' theories or stories reguarding 'rare' information sometimes some of you stumble across the web. we all know the internet as being a pain in the ass for the government. so many information flowing and spawning, i doubt they can keep track of EVERY single piece of information within it, or maybe they can? I dont know.. but being the superstitious person that I am, i believe some of 'them' are here on ATS..
Why do I think so? I basically stated it all above, the site deals with information that you can't find anywhere else. Without knowing, one can come across a 'regular green coloured background and bold red text', with information seeming so far'fetched yet very impressive, to the point where it seems very reasonable and you want to share with others, for IT MIGHT BE THE TRUTH, but being a poorly made site with lack of HTML, one might shrug it off and think 'oh thats crap, the site is made all messed up', be arrogent and throw aside what could be top secret information leaked from government itself, though put in a text and poorly made website to not attract any attention for as long as they can to get the truth out.
What I think is, maybe 'some' of those who constantly ask for these Links to sensative information, are actual government 'spies' so to call, out to track down websites that 'know too much'. what better easier way to do this? comming to a forum like this, reading something of 'interest' from someone who posted, asking for a link to this source of information, and BAM that site is no more.

I came to think of this because of all the posts in the past threads, say 30 pages back, where some have remarkable stories or information of high interest to alien believers, and in every single post there are at least 5 people who ask for Links to these websites. The link is provided but when I click the link, its either 'webpage cancelled' or 'this page is no longer available'.. about 9 out of 10 links do not work or 'not available anymore'. I find it quite odd and a coincidence, how a site with information that can change a persons belief, can dissapear without a trace. I tell myself that it may be the websites owner that deletes these links to save bandwith, but I dont know about websites so Im not sure anymore.. i'm justing finding it odd how some aren't 'satisfied' with 5 paragraphs of plasuable information and want the links, then the links dont exist anymore.. hmm

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The net has allowed millions of people worlwide not only to have access to information (like a massive library) but also the qualified ? people to discuss these topics,maybe a lot of the info is suspect, but i also think there is a lot of honest people pooling and checking the info,the critics are needed,because they are the pro,s who seperate the truth? from the dross.Because of the growth of subjects worldwide it is difficult for the agencys (which there probably are) to crush too much info because it is growing too fast,i think that we are going to find out some very interesting stuff soon, and we are all here awaiting,mike

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by universal life
...posts in the past threads, say 30 pages back, where some have remarkable stories or information of high interest to alien believers, and in every single post there are at least 5 people who ask for Links to these websites. The link is provided but when I click the link, its either 'webpage cancelled' or 'this page is no longer available'.. about 9 out of 10 links do not work or 'not available anymore'.

I've noticed the same thing, universal life. Sometimes the prolific use of links without the attached discourse makes a thread meaningless after awhile. Many links are to newsgroups which update their material continually, dropping items to save on bandwidth. Other sites just drop from the web, never to be seen again

That's why it would be a good idea to use the bb code to quote from the article so, if the link goes dead, we are still seeing a quote, where it came from, and who had provided that now-dead link. A good summary of personal thought on the subject at hand is also important. To just say; "Look at this link, what do you think?", is not enough and before long just makes a confusing, meaningless thread.

join