It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's impeachable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I got to thinking.. in the last year who did I talk to overseas.. hey - I inteviewed someone in Sochi, Russia for my paper - they lived literally right down the road from Putin's resort get-away. Based on recent revelations, it's highly likely my phone call was tapped. Maybe not. But just the same, who knows?

Do I care? Not really. I wasn't doing espionage, hence, eavesdropping on my conversation, as uninteresting as this sounds, would have been a colossal waste of our taxpayer money.

I actually heard that fossil William Safire relating a similar experience last Sunday on one of the talks. He got tapped once, that he knows of. And he didn't like it one bit.

We can't let this stuff slide. If we wanna truly remain free.

The Bush Family Coup
By James Ridgeway
The Village Voice

Friday 30 December 2005

Son revisits the sins of the father on America.
Washington - The 9-11 attacks provided the rationale for what amounts to a Bush family coup against the Constitution.

From the outset, President George Bush used 9-11 to reorganize and increase the federal government's reach far beyond any existing law to delve into the lives of innocent, ordinary people. The new powers allowed the government to arrest them at will and to subject them to endless incarceration without judicial review. Some people were sent abroad to be tortured for crimes they had nothing to do with. Who knows how many people have been tortured in American jails? When government employees within the intelligence community sought to protest, the government fired them and made sure they could never get another job in their areas of expertise. This extraordinary program of spying on Americans, much of which was carried out in fishing expeditions under the Patriot Act, has the makings of a consistent and long-range policy to wreck constitutional government.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Can you please add a source link, ECK?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There is also already a thread on Bush being impeached over the wire-tapping.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

join