It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Members Need Points, Here's A Fast Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
All new members need some points to pay for all the little extras on the boards.
To get those nice background colors.
To get access to RATS. Etc.....

Everything listed here.

I only had about 5000 points a couple weeks ago, now it's 150,000.

There is a limited time offer on ATS right now that can earn you all the points you need, and here's how.

Read this thread about content tagging first.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Find threads of interest that you want to tag, or use the "500 Random Threads That Need Tags"

You can keep track of how many tags you've added with this link.

Every tag that you contribute to a thread will help all ATS users find the content they're looking for much faster, and all subjects will be cross referenced.
So this will benefit all of us, and it'll scoop you some fast points.
The older threads are getting 75 points for tags and the points go down for the newer threads.

Just make sure your tags are relevant to the topic of the thread and don't have any personel bias. No swearing or stuff like that, etc.....
There is a 1000 point penalty for bad tagging, so fare warning.

If anyone has problems or questions you can click my u2u button and ask, or you can post in the Content Tagging Thread linked above. We'll help out any way we can.

Go Forth And Tag......

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If points are what your after you should also consider podcasting. There are several threads explaining how easy it is and at this time its 2500 points per podcast.

Plus its one heck of allot of fun.

Just thought i'd add that.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
way to get this out Anxiety!

Maybe we get enough members on board tagg'n and the admins will start a contest of sorts!! I think that would be great!

Back to TAGG'N!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A most excellent suggestion, anxietydisorder.
Definately a 'way above' suggestion, which I gladly gave you.

What you propose will greatly help our cause of getting threads tagged, something that PODcasts cannot help us do.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Thanks fo the "Way Above" Seekerof.
I see you've got over 5000 tags now.....

So a "Way Above" right back at ya.

You have voted Seekerof for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I figure the more members that get involved, the less work we have to do.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I also gave you a way above Anxiety!

Forgot to mention that on my last post.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Am I the only one experiencing tagging guilt?
I feel like I'm getting points for practically nothing. I mean, I get to read some really interesting old threads, and I get points just for describing what I read? Wow!
At this rate, I'll be able to use an avatar and everything!

Just to be clear, we're supposed to make the tags succinct, right? Like if a thread is about euthanasia, you use "euthanasia" as a tag... but you don't use "poison dart frog euthanasia" if, there's one post joking about using poison dart frog slime as a method for euthanasia? Because that would mudle the whole thing?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DustintheWind
I also gave you a way above Anxiety!

I really want to see this project succeed because it will benefit all of us.
I had so much trouble with that other search function, and I could never find what I was looking for. And I really feel that this will work a lot better.

Originally posted by Busymind,
Am I the only one experiencing tagging guilt?

Not at all....
I felt like I was robbing the bank at first, but then I realized that the points would not have been offered if it wasn't important to admin. to have this done. I think they know how important this data will be for the future of ATS.

Your point on "poison dart frog euthanasia"......

I find salient points from any post in the thread to use as a tag.
Threads tend to wander and can cover many topics.
So I say, Tag Them All......

If the 27th post in the thread talks about the Rosicrucian Order in a significant way, tag it "Rosicrucian Order". More members will come along in the future to fill in the rest of the topics in that thread.
It's always your judgment call, and what is important to you in that thread.

Go Forth And Tag.....

Threads that need tags:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I also gave you a way above for this post anxiety. If it wasn't for this post, I would probably still have about 10 points total. But, now after only 4 days of being a member, I am in the RATS section and everything. Thanks anxietydisorder for getting this message out. Back to reading and tagging.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
And way to go.
I took a look at your number of tags and I see you've added almost 200.
Keep up the good work and bank some points for future use.

I'll try to post a list of all members that have added more than 500 tags at the end of the day. See if you can make the list.

[edit on 7/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
sounds interesting and rather tantalizing. I'm off to start tagging.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Fun how you gotta find hard words when theirs lots tags on the thread already gotta think of more complex words.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galiega
Fun how you gotta find hard words when theirs lots tags on the thread already gotta think of more complex words.

At the link below, you will find many threads that don't have tags already:

Have fun and help ATS, at the same time.

It helps ATS to develop a better search by having a better way to catalog and reference topics to better suit the members needs.

Happy Tagging!

Larry.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
cheers matey, ive got about 1000 points in an hour

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
tagging is a good thing- and you get points for it.

Content Tagging is Here!

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

As an incentive to help us "TAG ATS", you earn board points for each tag you add:
Threads that are less than 6 months old earn 5 points
Threads between 6 months and 1 year old earn 10 points
Threads between 1 and 2 years old will earn 20 points
Threads older than 2 years old will earn you 30 points

BUT: It is important that the tags are accurate reflections of the thread material

Please avoid tags which are really stupid and senseless and contribute no value to ATS!

In case the tag has to be removed because it is e.g. only one person's political bias, a point penalty will apply to the tagging member.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

For those who might feel inclined to add inappropriate tags or use the tags to comment on members, you will receive a 1000 point penalty for each tag needs to be removed. If we need to remove three or more of your tags, your account will be terminated. This also may apply to tags that are more opinion than fact if they cross the political line of unbiased tagging.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hello Moderate:
I have seen someone's points down to minus several thousands, how can that be? If I paid too many points for something I want so get minus points, what will happened? Are there any disadvantages? If I want a custom mini-profile background, how many colors and which colors could be chosen?
If I want a bigger avatar, what is the size corresponding to points cost?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Minus points can happen several ways. If a member makes a purchase at the 'ATS Store' and does not have sufficient points in a particular board (ATS points, BTS points, PTS points), and they select to pay for the purchase with 'combined points'.

Also negative points does not have any negative effects, other than the obvious (i.e., -786 points)

As far as avatars go, their free! Up to 75kb in filesize is permitted, the dimensions permitted are 160 pixels wide and 320 pixel high.

As for 'Custom Mini-Profile Background Color', you can only have one color at a time. To choose your color, click on 'color help' after you have selected to buy 'Custom Mini-Profile Background Color'.

You can also use a custom color, If you know how to use the customizing option. There are three fields, corresponding to 'red', 'green', and 'blue'.

You can adjust these, for custom colors.

I hope this information helps, If you need assistance, feel free to u2u me.

Mechanic 32.

[edit on 4/17/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Don't bother with the '500 threads needing tags' page, if you just want points for tagging...
go to ANY of the forum sections in ATS, and click through the thread pages until you get to the very last page of threads for that section, and begin tagging every single one of them, page by page.
Three hours worth of work doing this on BTS, got me from -150,000 to being back in the positive... well worth the effort.

[edit on 22/4/2006 by nrky]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
ATS no longer gives points for tagging threads.

But I want to encourage all members to continue tagging threads for the benefit of the whole community. This can become a powerful search feature that all of us can use.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A good way to get points is to post your own photos in the Photography of ATS members thread. If they are liked enough, or subjectively considered really good by the people that can dish out points, then you'll probably get 'applauded' and get 250 points for each applause.

top topics

join