It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's still FREE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yes, thats right, you too can still get Microsofts FREE antispyware program and get free updates.

This was supposed to die and not work/be avail 06, but.....

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yep. I was quite happy with MS Antispyware Beta until I started up my PC yesterday (2 Jan 2006) and it said that the version expired... I'm still to figure out how to get it going again.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Yep. I was quite happy with MS Antispyware Beta until I started up my PC yesterday (2 Jan 2006) and it said that the version expired...

Mine just recently, mid-Dec, prompted for an update.

Current status:
Microsoft AntiSpyware Version: 1.0.701
This version expires on: 7/31/2006

Download the latest version.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I just checked today, and my datas matches 12M.'s to a T.

This is really good news.
I want everyone to be very clear, this is not the start or end all program. It is part of a team including:M$, Spybot 1.4, AdAware 1.06, CCleaner.

Yes, You all need to run multiple antispy programs-no one program gets them all.

REMEMBER: All these programs are free and include free updates-and are all FULL LEGAL downloads-try Downloads.com to get all of them free.

PS: Yeah, I really do still love the dancing bananna's.

[edit on 1/4/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have been using the anti-spy form Yahoo toolbar. How does it compare to Microsofts?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I have been using the anti-spy form Yahoo toolbar. How does it compare to Microsofts?

I don't know-i never tried it.
Try downloading M$ program, update and run scan. That will tell u which is better.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm so happy I dont have to deal with all these Anti-Spyware programs anymore. GNU/Linux is the way to go to avoid spyware and viruses. I suggest anybody that doesn't want to worry about them anymore take a look at Linux.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
FYI...Its gonna stay free.
It will come in Vista's package, but by then it will be renamed Windows Defender, and be smarter, as well as a new better look.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You can re-install MS antispyware. It will run the same and everything. Don't worry

top topics

join