It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/UK Electromagnetic Weapon Tested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
According to the next issue of flight international the MoD and the DoD have jointly tested an electromagnetic weapon that could be suitable for mounting on cruise missiles and UCAVs.

Pardon me for pointing this small detail out but this weapon was developed by MBDA in the UK and is "an MBDA proprietry product"

Well, fancy us backward old Brits inventing YET ANOTHER new device that America wants to stick its beak into

( last part purely in response to the 'America is 40 years n front blah blah 'airheads
)

Any more info on this anyone?

Flight International story

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And people worry about EMF exposure from cell phones!

The Effect of Continuous Exposure to Low Frequency Electric Fields on Three Generations of Mice: A Pilot Study. A.A. Marino, R.O. Becker and B. Ullrich. Experientia 32: 565, 1976.

Mice were allowed to mate, gestate, deliver and rear their offspring for 3 successive generations while being continuously exposed to 60 Hz electric fields. Mice exposed to vertical electric fields exhibited decreased body weights at 35 days postpartum and increased mortality rates for 3 successive generations. Mice exposed to horizontal electric fields exhibited decreased body weights for 2 successive generations.

Evaluation of Electrochemical Information Transfer System I. Effect of Electric Fields on Living Organisms. A.A. Marino, T.J. Berger, B.P. Austin, & R.O. Becker.
J. Electrochem. Soc. 123: 1199-1200, 1976.

The concepts of electrochemical information transfer occurring at membrane interfaces in biological systems (1,2) imply that exposure of living organisms or cells to electromagnetic fields will produce nonthermal effects. In view of the widespread alteration of the electrical environment produced by electrical power transmission facilities, the question of a resultant biological effect becomes significant. A preliminary study involving chronic exposure of rats to 60 Hz, 150 V/cm, electric fields is reported herein. Our object was to determine whether such exposure would; (i) act as a body stressor, i.e. , direct grandular (cell) effect, (ii) affect the blood proteins, i.e., the cells which produce them, (iii) affect the growth rate of immature animals. To these ends we measured the concentration of serum corticoids, the relative distribution of serum proteins, and body weight.

Anthropogenic EMF effects on the condition and function of natural ecosystems Radiats Biol Radioecol. 2003 Sep-Oct;43(5):544-51. Grigor'ev OA, Bicheldei EP, Merkulo v AV. Center for Electromagnetic Safety, Moscow, 123182 Russia.

A review of Russian and foreign studies of EMF effects on living environment was made. Vast range of EMF frequencies and intensities affect on functions and condition of ecosystems. Even non-thermal EMF levels could cause reversible changes in physiological process regulation. Some changes were observed in animal behavior such as motive activity, spatial orientation, reduction of ability to form a conditioned response. Some animal species (some insects, birds, reptiles) use electromagnetic fields for spatial orientation during migration. Biological communities are very sensitive to EMF effects and could become the biological indicators of electromagnetic pollution.
PMID: 14658288

MUCH more out there of course - and the predictable polarization insisting that everything is fine, just fine.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
the only odd thing, this isnt on mbda's website news section anywhere...

[edit on 3-1-2006 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well Waynos, it's nice to see the UK contributing something for once...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Well Waynos, it's nice to see the UK contributing something for once...

LOL, touche AMM

MBDA is being very quiet about it, as the comment at the bottom of the news item shows.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a High Powered Microwave (HPM) weapon or what?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a High Powered Microwave (HPM) weapon or what?

I think it is more of an EMP type weapon. Maybe a directed EMP?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Oooooooooooo.

It's pulses that muck up DNA and cell activity, at the atomic level.

Clever.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Maybe a directed EMP?

Isn't a HPM basically a directed EMP?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
from the article I get the impression it has nothing to do with anti-personel uses. Rather, it's to attack the infinately more vulnerable and valuble computer and communications systems of the enemy. Kinda like a flash/bang grenade prior to any other more signifigant attack. It might not buy much time, but while your enemy is asking "what the ???? just happened?", you're taking out his defence systems. Then they're a sitting duck.

*note, while ducking is often veiwed as a good idea during combat operations, sitting is not.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
this site i found mentions the testing of electromagnetic weapons, maybe this has something to do with this?

LINK

scroll about half way down the page for the electromagnetic bit,

hope this helps?

mick

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Another thread is discussing that the UCAVS project has been cancelled. So its weird they are developing a weapon for the UCAVS... that they have bannished

I guess with the Pentagon anything is possible

top topics

join