It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Masonry: Item from the Grand Lodge of Nebraska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hello. I started an Illumanati thread, going from the Scientific Illumanati approach. Of course this lead to Masons (also being persecuted by the Catholic Church during the 1600's).

Yesterday I acquired a Plate commissioned in 1957 to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Grand Lodge of the Most Ancientand Honorable Fraternity of Free and Accepted Masons of Nebraska (Grand Lodge of Nebraska A.D. 1857 Constituted Sept. 23).

This marks the Plate as 48 years old (49 come Sept. 23, 2006), very close to 50 years of age. In time alone I would suspect this to be meaningful. It was commissioned by Kettlesprings Kilns... R. D. 1, Alliance, Ohio.

On the back it lists

Merle M. Hale (Grand Master)
Roy I. Babbitgt (Deputy Grand Master)
John E. Beaver (Grand Senior Warden)
Joseph C. Tye (Grand Junior Warden)
Carl R. Greisen (Grand Secretary)
Mark D. McCallum (Grand Chaplin) ???
C. Vin White (Grand Orator)
Harlold H. Thom (Grand Historian)
Raymond C. Cook (Grand Custodian)
Ralph M. Carhart (Grand Marshal)
John F. Futcher (Grand Senior Deacon) ???
Herbert A. Ronin (Grand Junior Deacon)
Charles H. Ninegar (Grand Tyler)
Lewis E. Smith (Grand Secretary Emeritus)

With an addition of
Centennial Committee
W. George W. Rosenlof, Chairman
R. W. Carl R. Greisen, Secretary
M. W. John S. Hedeiund, Assistant Secretary
W. Harold H. Thom, Historian
M. W. Lewis E. Smith
M. W. Fay Smith
M. W. Charles F. Adams
M. W. Herbert T. White
M. W. Merle M. Hale
M. W. Edward M Knight
M. W. Benjamin F. Eyre
M. W. Elmer E. Magee

First off, I would like to know if this is Authentic. I doubt some one would craft a fake, but you can never be to sure.

Secondly, I would like to know if any of these members listed held high positions in the outside world.

Lastly, I would like to know an estimated price value on such an item, taking into account it's age, rarity (how many would have been made, general availability to the public, etc.) and good-excellant condition.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Merle Hale, the Grand Master, googles up as this:
Disting uished Service Award Business Executive 1982
But that might not be him considering the date, but two Merle M Hales would be rather strange. The award is awarded by the Kiwanis Club of Lincoln Nebraska.

In 1962 he received the Silver Beaver Award from The 'Cornhuskers Council' for

noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth by registered Cub Scout Leaders, Boy Scout Leaders, Venture Scouters, Varsity Scouters, District Level Scouters and Council Level Scouters within the territory under the jurisdiction of a local council.

This Shriner site notes:

Other deceased Past Potentates are as follows: [...] Merle M. Hale, 1965

Don't know if that means he died in '65 or thats when he was mate a 'Potentate' in the Shrine.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the info on Grandmaster Merel. I will venture to guess that he won his award late in his career (in '63) and then passed in 1965 shortly after.

Sounds like a bulwark in the community.

Do you think this piece holds any value?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl

Do you think this piece holds any value?

Possibly to collectors, especially those who are Nebraska Masons. If you want to get rid of it, you could try auctioning it on E-bay, and see where it goes.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Only, I don't know anything about auctioning online. Also, if it holds value I would like a reasonable deal (major profit isn't a concern, as I paid very little for the piece). Still, you don't want to see 1,000 for 200. How could I get an appraisel at fair value (i.e., not the appraisers Buyer Value).

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl
Only, I don't know anything about auctioning online. Also, if it holds value I would like a reasonable deal (major profit isn't a concern, as I paid very little for the piece). Still, you don't want to see 1,000 for 200. How could I get an appraisel at fair value (i.e., not the appraisers Buyer Value).

An appraisal would probably only show the book value of the plate, which wouldn't be much. A collector, on the other hand, would likely find it more valuable than its book value. The reason I mentioned E-bay is because a lot of collectors of Masonic memorabilia check it regularly to see what's available.

top topics

join