It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abramoff Sings!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
"In a heavily scripted court appearance, Abramoff agreed with U.S. District Court Judge Ellen Huvelle when she said he had engaged in a conspiracy involving "corruption of public officials." The lobbyist also agreed when she said he and others had engaged in a scheme to provide campaign contributions, trips and other items "in exchange for certain official acts." "

www.breitbart.com...

-----------------------------------------

Abramoff faces 30 years in prison, and appears to have really enjoyed the company of some of our congressmen and aides...since he is working hard with the prosecutors now in trying to obtain some all expense passes for 20 or so mmembers of congress and their aides to join him in that BIG HOUSE!! no, not the white house, sorry!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is great news! This needs to be shouted from the rooftops!

Can't wait to see where this goes! I love the smell of a big can of corruption being cracked wide open in the morning! Almost as good as coffee and bacon!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
".... This is great news! This needs to be shouted from the rooftops!

Can't wait to see where this goes! I love the smell of a big can of corruption being cracked wide open in the morning! Almost as good as coffee and bacon!"

REPLY: Yeah..... me too:

Max Baucus $22,500.00
Evan Bayh $6,500.00
Joe Biden $1,250.00
Jeff Bingham $2,000.00
Barbera Boxer $20,250.00
Maria Cantwell $21,765.00
Tom Carpenter $7,500.00
Hillary (Devil Woman) Clinton$12,950.00
Kent Conrad $8,000.00
John Corzine $7,500.00
Christopher Dodd $14,792.00
Byron Dorgan $79,000.00....
Dick (gulag) Durbin $14,000.00
Diane (your guns are damgerous but mine aren't) Feinstein $2,000.00
Russ (I want to be president) Feingold $1,250.00
Tom Harkin $45,750.00
Daniel Inowe $9,000.00
Jim (I like boys) Jeffords $2,000.00
Tim Johnson $14,250.00
Ted (Chappaquidick Fats) Kennedy $2,300.00
Mary (I'm not calling the National Guard) Landreau $28,000.00
Patrick (I love to leak government secrets) Lehey $4,000.00
Carl Levin $6,000.00
Joe (the last true Democrat) Lieberman $29,830.00
Blanch Lincoln $14,891.00
Barb Lakowski $10,550.00
Patty Murray $78,991.00
Bill Nelson $5,200.00
Barak Obama $7,500.00
Mark Pryor $2,500.00
Harry (I won't give it back) Reid $68,941.00
Jay (I like to leak secrets, too) Rockefeller $4,000.00
Kent Salazar $4,500.00
Paul Sarbanes $4,300.00
Chuck Schumer $29,550.00
Debbie Sabinaw $6,250.00
Ron Widen $6,250.00
John (Did you know I served in Viet Nam) Kerry $98,550.00

...... and these are minimum numbers known at this time.

Democrats every one, yet Harry Reid says it's a Republican issue?

(edit for content structure)

[edit on 7-1-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Rep. Kennedy Defends Cash Tied to Abramoff

"Rep. Patrick Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), citing his support for American Indian causes, says he has no plans to return any of the $42,500 he took from tribes represented by GOP lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

"He's proud to have their support," Kennedy chief of staff Sean Richardson said Wednesday. "He's got direct personal relationships with tribes. ... He looks at it as a human and civil rights issue, the fact that they're still not treated with the dignity and respect they deserve.""

news.yahoo.com...

He's a co-founder of the Native American Caucus in the house, and was head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee during 1999 and 2000. He's visited dozens of reservations, and recieved contributions from 100 tribes......

In plain simple words, it is gonna be heard to prove that this money is connected to Abramoff.

what the prosecutors are gonna have to do is to go through each person, trace the money back to the source, determine if there is anything in their history which would explain why this donation was made.....like the guy had a history of supporting the cause.....and well, weigh that against thier actions in congress after the donation to determine if the contribution influenced his voting pattern.
Considering Kennedy's support to Native American causes spans back a few generations, I think it might be safe to say, any actions he has taken in the house that could be seen as an attempt to protect their rights and dignity have no bearing to Abramoff.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
zappafan1

I will like a link to the names and numbers to see more of the article.

By the way they are all involve Republicans and Democrats, and to make things worst the moneys went through the people in charge of the campaign contributions in many instances as with Tom Delay.

so links to the campaign managers will also be an issue.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
zappafan1

I will like a link to the names and numbers to see more of the article.

By the way they are all involve Republicans and Democrats, and to make things worst the moneys went through the people in charge of the campaign contributions in many instances as with Tom Delay.

so links to the campaign managers will also be an issue.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by marg6043]

".... Campaign contributions are not illegal unless there is an express agreement that the money is being paid in exchange for a legislative action."

That being said, I agree; all of this should come to light, on both sides of the aisle. Of course, none of this is new and has been going on for tens of decades.

The list provided was transcribed from a radio show (not Rush), but I'll try to provide some links:
www.capitaleye.org...

www.capitaleye.org...

www.cnsnews.com.../POL20060105b.html

Please understand that I'm not trying to point fingers at either side, but at BOTH sides. I posted the list because most of the media, and the left, are trying to make this out as strictly a republican issue, which it is not.

I'm waiting for all the "news" to shake out, then see how much is given back, or otherwise gotten rid of (charities, etc), compared to what was contributed.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
zappafan1

Thanks for the links and I understand your point of view, we all need to know who are our elected officials that are doing wrong things.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
zappafan1

Thanks for the links and I understand your point of view, we all need to know who are our elected officials that are doing wrong things.

No problem on the links... any time.

By the way....... is your avatar a drawing/charicature of you??? DAMN!!! 8^)

new topics

top topics

join