It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ESP be Tested?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Three categories might be ESP of Nature, Life, and Technology. That extra sense or senses we have might save our lives each time unit. This deserves careful study.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
since most people have the ability to use Extra Sensory Perception just some than other i can't see why it can't be tested

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well the US and russian govs during the cold war did have remote viewing programs, and now those from the US programs are running private RV projects (civilian projects albiet) so I dont see why they couldnt take it a step further to and "train" for ESP.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hehe, that scene from Ghostbusters just came to mind when Billy Murry is testing the girl and guy to see if they have ESP, and he keeps shocking the guy when he gets a card wrong (or right). Ok, shocking/using negative feedback on people is probably a bad way to test/promote the growth of ESP.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Well the US and russian govs during the cold war did have remote viewing programs, and now those from the US programs are running private RV projects (civilian projects albiet) so I dont see why they couldnt take it a step further to and "train" for ESP.

links to said projects?

sounds interesting. Are there solid facts or is this speculation

[edit on 3-1-2006 by noslenwerd]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
MMmm...Jennifer Runyan, played the Girlfriend on Charles in Charge....

Hey, I'm an authority on obscure hot actresses....don't know why...

Anyhoo, I'd suppose it depends on exactly how you define ESP. The term is kind of a blanket one... Do you mean Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Psychometry, Telekinesis, Electrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Pyrokinesis, spiritual medium, etc. etc.? The more specific names for the various psychic phenomena are usually better to use to clarify such things....

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd

links to said projects?

Just posted this in another thread- www.jonronson.com...
One of my favorite Stephen Wright lines- "Anyone who believes in psychokinesis, raise my hand."

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd

Originally posted by WolfofWar

links to said projects?

[edit on 3-1-2006 by noslenwerd]

if you look up Scannate, Gondola Wish, Star Gate, or Grill Frame, you'll find all the programs that were involved with Remote viewing

Star Gate

Star gate project

just to start you off. Theres alot of files released by the FOIA act about the project, so I'm sure if youd like to make arequest they'll send you something.

The project closed in theearly 90's because of inconclusive results.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by WolfofWar]

HS

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Howdy,
I tested ESP a few ways. One way I did it was to look at the back of a strangers kid in a stroller at the market, and think and feel the words 'I love you'. To which, as soon as I sent my brainwaves, the kid, about 3-4 yrs., immediately turned around, looked me square in the eyes smiling and said 'hello'. This worked with a few kids, others it had no effect on except in some cases to stop them talking or babbling as the case may be.

HS

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
ESP has been tested.

A research team at the University of Glasgow, led by Professor Archie Roy, is claiming to have found scientific proof of ESP -- a 'sixth sense.' After completing experiments which seek to identify how spiritual mediums obtain their information -- supposedly transmitted from beyond the grave -- the research appears to have refuted "the common assumption that mediums are merely picking up signals from body language, or relying on guesswork and prior knowledge."

The experiments spanned over four years and are said to be the most conclusive to date. The team used double blind testing, in which the medium and the recipients were placed in separate rooms and communicated by microphone. The identities of all involved were kept hidden from each other.

Head researcher, Professor Archie Roy, said: "There is no doubt from the work we have done that mediums can obtain information using more than the five normal senses. The results so far have been assessed with hard maths and statistics. We believe that we have disproved the idea that all mediums are able to do is make general statements."

Gordon Smith, "The Psychic Barber," was one medium involved in the experiments. He believes that the research proves that, while some of his work can be explained by his interpretation of normal sensory phenomenon, he is also using senses that we don't understand.

"Basically you are using a heightened sense. It is just like radio waves. If there is an emotional tie with the person you want to contact a medium can pick up the signals," Smith said.

there is also the fact that humans seem to influence random number generators, which is ESP too I suppose.

ideas for how to test: www.pararesearchers.org...

top topics

join