It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best time to see these kind of things?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey, I've always wanted to see some kind of lights, UFO, or whatever. But I've never known when to look. I've seen two in my life. Possibly one last night and another about ten years ago.

Anyone wanna give me some suggestions?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Good question actually. Both of my sightings were in daytime, which is not that usual.

Generally sightings occur more at night and in more rural areas. But stats show that most reports are actually made in urban areas, probably due to population density. Most ufologists believe that ufo's in general prefer to avoid detection.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Personally, I've never had a sighting. I really don't look too often either. I have read that the best time to keep a look out is in the evening, 5-6 pm. This would also be a good time to take pictures of the sky....Then again, I don't have any experience with this type of research.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sightings will always be random events. I suggest its best to look when the sun goes down as that is when the majority of sightings take place. Areas of less population seem to get more sightings as well. This is likely due to these objects not wanting to be witnessed by large numbers of people most of the time.

Myself, I just wait for other people to see them and take pictures & video for me. Looking into the sky all the time would certainly get boring.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sightings usually happen when you least expect it.
My first sighting happened while glancing out my window at the night sky one night.
The second happened at a drive in and it was a VERY close encounter.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Usually on a cloudless, moonless night is best.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So you say when I least expect it? Kinda makes sense.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The least likely to see a ufo is when you are going about your business... not actively taking 'field trips' in order to see them. They dont like people prying into their business.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure they don't want me in on their business. I'll just be more alert.

top topics

join