It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Cereal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think cereal is very under rated. I could eat a bowl of cereal any time of day and be happy lol.

I would have to say at the top of my list are...

Lucky Charms
Cocoa krispies
Fruity Pebbles
Waffle Crisp
Rice Krispies Treats (i dont think they even make that anymore)

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Lucky Charms, hands down.

And yes, as a matter of fact, they DO still make Rice Krispie Treats cereal. I'm not a fan, but my little sister loves the stuff.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Not the instant mush, but the large flake variety that take 15 minutes to cook.
I toss in a handfull of raisins and a pinch of cinnimon.
Serve with cream and brown sugar.

I don't think I've had any of the boxed cereals in over 20 years.
But I do buy granola sometimes........

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have a few different ones that i like to have:

Golden Graims
Porrage
Shreddies
Ohh and a good old Eglish Fry-up (Eggs, Bacon, Saussage, Hash browns, Black Pudding, Mushrooms, Beans, Fried Tomatoes, Fried Bread or/and toast. Ask any English person and they will tell you there aint anything better when you have been out on the ale.)

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Oh I almost forgot Cheerios... I LOVE Cheerios...

But I eat almost any cereal... I'm a cereal junkie.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
can't say I am a cereal eater, they just don't do it for me ... could be that the cereals we get here in Australia suck better than Monica (Lewinsky for the slow folks lol) WTF are Weetbix ? ughhhhh *insert eye roll here*

But then again I wouldn't want all that variety U get in America, then I'd probably become a cereal junkie and OD on sugar

I'll have a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes here n there (when there is absolutely nothing to eat in the house lol) but otherwise it's usually muesli or oats for me in the cereal department.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
DUDE!!!! Rice Crispys treats are teh goodness. favorite cereal. Plus i like fruity pebbles and cocoa pebbles. They is good.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Rice Crispy Treats are nearly impossible to find in most normal grocery stores around here (Connecticut). It is verysad for they are my favorite... one of my friends cousin tracked down some and I got to have a bowl.... yummm...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If you pay shipping i will send you all boxes of rice crispys treats.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Capn Crunch. Hands down.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
clusters are really good too

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sugary cereal is way too cloying for me. I'd agree with good steel cut oatmeal. For out of the box, I like Grape Nuts. They're also good hot, but it softens them up considerably.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
For the kid in me it's got to be Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries!

For the adult in me it's Total raisin bran. Eat a couple bowls of that Total raisin bran and you better have a course pre-plotted to the nearest toilet.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Rice Crispy Treats are nearly impossible to find in most normal grocery stores around here (Connecticut). It is verysad for they are my favorite... one of my friends cousin tracked down some and I got to have a bowl.... yummm...

I live in LA with a bratty younger sister--- They're more than findable...

For a small service charge, I'd be willing to buy in bulk and ship across the country! haha.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
1. Rice Chex
2. Wheat Chex
3. Cheerios
4. Shreaded Wheat
5. Grape Nuts

I eat oatmeal on the weekends -

In my younger days - Captain Crunch was my favorite - I would put a bowl of Crunch and milk in the fridge in the morning before school, and after school it would be perfect. Nice and soft inside with a crunchy top. MMMMmmmmm
to the Captain!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Cocoa Krispies are hands down my favorite, but for a cereal they are pretty expensive. I have tried to satisfy my cocoa krispies craving with those generic cocoa pebbles, but cocoa pebbles just arent the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Lucky charms
Reices peices
Corn pops
Fruit Loops

Classics!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I've never had that cereal, but I love those squares with the marshmellows.
If anyone has a recipe for "Rice Crispy Squares", please post in in this thread.
I'd like to try making them.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Greetings to all from Japan. I'm new to the site and was just browsin' through and came across this particular topic .... when I saw Rice Krispie Treats being discussed my stomach started growlin'. Luckily I'm a loyal fan of them and here's the recipe for them. My mom use to make them alot back in tha day .... Enjoy!!!

Title: RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Categories: Candies, Desserts
Yield: 24 servings

1/4 c Margarine or butter
1 pk 10 oz. mini marshmallows
6 c Rice Krispies

Melt Margarine in large deep pan over low heat. Add marshmallow and stir
until completely melted. Remove from heat add Rice Krispies and stir until
they are well coated. Using buttered spatula press mixture into buttered
pan 13x9x2. Cut when cool.

VARIATION: Stir in 1/4 cup of peanut butter into marshmallow mixture
before cereal is added. You could also use colored marshmallows too.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
mmmm they sound good, I never had em before, you're gonna have to make some for me to try one day

U may also want to post this under the cooking section where the recipes go so people know where to find it

<<   2  3 >>

join