It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police helicopter and Missing Person

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hi guys, a strange thing has just happened. The local Police helicopter has just done a couple of fly-overs above the shop that I work in in a place called Southport, UK. We're quite used to hearing it as it's only based about 7 or 8 miles away at Woodvale air base. The unusual thing is that as it's hovering overhead the officers are shouting out the description of an elderly gentleman who's gone missing from home.

I suppose what i'm getting at is what's so different about this guy? There have been missing persons before around here, it's not a small place... But also on the local news there's been nothing about a missing person so far. If anything does show up I'll update.

Maybe they're just trying out some new methods, but my ATS brain tells me to not accept what's on the surface. Do I "Move along, nothing to see here"

Is it a common thing wherever you folks are or do you think it's as out of the ordinary as I do? Let me know anyhoo.

Tandino

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have never heard of that before. Strange indeed.
Perhaps it is because of the weather? Or maybe he has alzheimers?
Please let us all know the outcome.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes, it's not uncommon. I know helicopters were used to search for the body of the son of a coworker when he drowned. Air and ground search sometimes were coordinated by shouts (not all the volunteers had police radios.)

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Or maybe he has alzheimers?

I was thinking the same thing. It is probably someone with a medical condition that wandered off. They may also be overdue to take meds before becoming a more serious condition, if they don't find them fast.

Hope they find them.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Still nothing on the local news thus far, will update when I get back from work. The alzheimers thing had crossed my mind but i'm leaning more towards the serious condition/meds thing.

Tandino

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Another update, still nothing been on the local news about anyone going missing, or even whether he's been found safe. Would love to know more about it. Alas!

Thanks for the replies so far. Can anyone else confirm whether this is a regular occurence, or whether it's happened to them? Especially those in the UK. the only other account to back up mine so far is the one posted on this local forum.

I'm inclined to believe that more information would've been shouted from the helicopter rather than just the gentleman's description (balding grey haired elderly male wearing a beige coat and black pants - pretty much every elderly male in Southport!) if it was going to be for the benefit of ground-based team coordination. What also fascinates me is that they didn't even shout out a name, all very strange.

Tandino

new topics

top topics

join