It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Majic's Podcasting Workshop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Podcasting Workshop
Majic offers tips and techniques for podcasting, invites fellow podcasters to share theirs, and discusses minimizing podcast file size.

length: 04:44
file: btstpod_1172.mp3
size: 833k
feed: btst

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Arealy good Podcast there Majic, I hope this turnes out to be a regular thing asi think i would be good for people like me who have only just started.

Great job!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Podcasting Workshop (reply 1)
NrKy's response to the podcasting workshop, adding some tips for podcasts aimed at ipod users, and requesting details about the filters majic uses.

length: 04:26
file: btstpod_1193.mp3
size: 1825k
feed:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Podcasting Workshop (reply 2)
Majic responds to Nrky with a LONG rambling discussion of filters, noise, compression and experimenting with podcasts.

length: 17:31
file: atscpod_1222.mp3
size: 3081k
feed:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Much

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Podcasting Workshop (reply 3)
Majic discusses Nrky's persistent ghostly noise problem.

length: 06:56
file: atscpod_1226.mp3
size: 1222k
feed:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
^_^
Thanks for the replies Majic.
Laptop: Dell 4150, bought THREE YEARS AGO, 1.6P4M cpu, 256+128 ddr300mhz ram, ati radeon 750, xsga+ 14inch screen, intel (82801CA/CAM ac'97...????) audio controller, usb1, no firewire.
Shuttle desktop: 2ghz amd, 256+512 ddr400ram, geforce4 420mx, realtek ac'97 audio controller (on board), usb2, firewire400.
Disposable income, currently, 0$.

Luckily for me, however, the majority of my peripherals and stuff that I use, are external. Spare harddrives in caddies (FW), dvd burners (FW), mini led desk lamp (USB), coffee warmer (USB), etc.. I've had to get used to moving my computers around ALOT, and changing parts ALOT over the past decade of buying computer bits, so I like a certain hot-swappable-factor in my gear.
Needless to say, however, I've never actually purchased any sound cards of any significance. Since my soundblaster 128 on the p2 200, I've been lazy and started using onboard sound for everything. My brother is a doof-doof fanatic though (likes to have massive speakers and subwoofers), and bought himself an extigy2 (*DROOLS*) a year ago, with optical connections and 5.1 set up for all the neighbourhood to hear. It would be AWESOME to have this soundcard in a standalone firewire box, instead of the current get up of it taking up a pci slot, but alas, it would cost me in excess of 300AUD$...
Looks like I'm stuck with what I have, for now... damn you evil soundcard ghosts! *shakes fists in anger* damn you dirty ghostapes!!!

Anyyywho... you mentioned 'dynamic mic' in your last podcast... ... ... I have one of those, cost me 10$AUD from kmart, and it's what I've been using ever since my third or fourth podcast (used my MOBILE PHONE microphone before that, hahahahahha!). It's big, it's huge, it looks like it could choke Mick Jagger, but it does the job. Nonetheless, you ARE the resident audiophile here, so if you could reccomend microphones, briefly, in your next workshop podcast, that would be excellent.

Sorry to be appearing to guide the topics of your podcasting workshops, I'm simply taking advantage of the fact that there's someone out there who knows what on earth they are doing, and praying that they see the logic in assuming that I may not be the only person with these problems.

EDIT: I totally need to get a life, surely there's better things to stress about than podcast sound quality... nooooooooo.... (really, sadly enough I can't really think of anything else that I can be bothered thinking about right now, haha!)

[edit on 13-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Podcasting Workshop (reply 4)
Majic describes how he uses Audacity (available free from audacity.sourceforge.net) and dBpowerAMP Converter (available free from dbpoweramp.com) to make podcasts, right down to the specific filters and settings.

length: 11:15
file: btstpod_1366.mp3
size: 1979k
feed:

top topics

join