It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs .... serious answer needed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My daughter and her husband and one year old daughter live in an isolated but new house which was built on the site of two old battlegrounds.

For the past few months she has been getting "orbs" on pics of her hubby and her daughter.

Whenever a picture is taken of her in the house, there is never any orbs in those pictures.

These orbs are in different parts of the pictures and sometimes, there is one, sometimes two and sometimes three of them.

Has the question of orbs being ghostly apparations been put to bed now and is there a photographic explanation for this type of thing nowadays.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hi JayKew,

Could you post some of these pics'.

That would be great.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not really, because they are pictures of my family.

No way are they going all over the internet.

Hope you understand.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew
No way are they going all over the internet.

Hope you understand.

Thats cool.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I totally understand not wanting to post them on the net. Though this sounds a lot like the images in Shauny's pictures that he posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Any resemblance?

[edit on 3-1-2006 by Fiveby5]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi Fiveby

Nope, our orbs are totally different .......they are perfectly spherical and a sort of, well like soap bubble color.

Im not sure you can see through them mind you.

If I had the software I would isolate the orbs from the pics but I havent... apologies.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sound like dust particles in the air or on the lense to me. I've seen and taken plenty of pics in a house I was helping redo, and there were orbs (dust particles) everywhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Use MS Paint. Sure it's low-tech, but you could just erase your family from the picture (pehaps but black/red boxes over their faces/entire bodies), and then you could post them up without any worries!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
yes jaykew if you felt comfortable sending the pictures to me, i could edit out their faces or whatever you would like using photoshop

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My daughter is going to email me the pics in the morning and I will simply paint the faces out and then post them on here

I read sensfans "dust" explanation.

This isnt dust, although I wish it was.

I do hope someone can provide a down to earth explanation mind you.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by JayKew]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wow, woah, wait...

Perfectly spherical, resembling soap balloons.

Im guessing theyre not quite as clear as such, and are actually more like white glass balls, am I right?

I had one of those things pass through my bedroom. My cat hissed at it like its life depended on it... I've got the scratch marks on my leg to remind me.
You can read my story of it here.

At least you have only seen these things on your pictures. I watched one of them slowly move through my room in an S pattern. Through my door, through my room, and out through the wall. Scared me quite a bit, though I think my cat was borderlining a heart attack, lol.

HS

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
To be absolutely incredably honest, I don't know for sure these things were orbs I saw, maybe they were flat round things. They were mostly cobalt blue, some were more towards white and some inbetween, kinda a blue-white light. I've seen maybe close to a thousand. Not really sure what they are, maybe departed souls, maybe bowling balls in the 4th dimension, that's about how big they were, how big were your balls? The ones in the pictures I mean.

HS

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Im not sure what pictures you are referring to, but the orb I saw was aproximately half foot to 3/4 foot diameter. It was transparrent, resembling an off white glass spere, only, it behaved as if it had no mass what-so-ever.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Most orbs in pictures are simply the flash reflecting back off dust particles. It is a simple thing to prove this by taking a close picture of say your fabric lounge chair, then taking a second picture just after you have hit it a few times with your hand. You will see what dust orbs look like in the before and after picture.
That said their are still genuine ghost orbs to be photopraphed. Ones that appear to be moving quickly or changing directions are the ones you want.
The best step to catch them is to film them with a video cam corder with nightshot vision. This records in infra red and from what I have seen is that you will get them moving through a room. Beg or borrow a video camera and try it out. It sounds like you live in a good location to try it out.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My friends brorther in law was dying of cancer, and apparently on every photo taken, white blobs of light appeared all over his body on the photos. Strange

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Without seeing the pictures, it is impossible to say. But I give it a 99% chance of being simply dust. Any time you use a flash and an orb appears, it pretty much rules out anything paranormal. ANYTHING in the air will create orbs. Dust, rain, fog, bugs, etc. Any small particles will reflect the flash. If you want to see just how much dust is in your house, go look at the streams of sunlight coming into your windows in the morning, and see the massive amounts of particles floating in it. It'll make you want to stop breathing.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I agree that they are explainable aswell, and most likely dust or light refraction. I once saw a photo of flames pouring from a castle window, when the photo was taken there was certainly no fire! However, if you look closely at the picture, it is actually an amazing trick of the light - different shades. I know its not orbs but worth a mention.

top topics

join