It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to host "human rights" conference. (I know! I almost fell off my chair…)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is like 1940’s Germany celebrating Hanukah. I must admit I am strangely curious about Ahmadinejad offering to do this in the midst of other serious issue’s Iran is dealing with (possible invasion due to its nuclear activities).

Ahmadinejad’s politics seem to be all over the place, from surprisingly mundane and seemingly productive to outright sacrilege like his comments on Israel and world denial on nuclear compliance.

But I never would have seen this one coming from Iran, of all places to confer on human rights…

Source: iribnews

Tehran, Jan 2 - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Sunday that the Iranian government is ready to host a conference on 'human rights' between the Islamic and European thinkers.

Asked about dialogue on human rights between Iran and the European Union, he said that Iran is ready to organize a conference on 'human rights' between thinkers from Muslim nations and European states in presence of Western media networks to be broadcast without censorship.

The president said that human rights is a sacred value which should not be abused for propaganda campaign or political objectives. He said that Iran seeks dialogue on human rights not only with certain states which are misusing the topic for propaganda purposes.

I want to point out here (for the short thinkers) that I understand that Iranians in general are a humane people and its the government that violate human rights against its people.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I got to say, this guy's funnier than the Iraqy defence minister.

First he wants to wipe Isreal and US off the face of the earth, then he wants to hoast a human rights conference-make up your mind dude.

Of course, this could be a ploy by the rulling mulahs on repairing the damage the Iranian president has done to their reputation.

All I really know is he would be a lot funnier and a lot less dangerious if he were a mayor of a small city again, insted of the Iranian pres,

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ignoring the irony for a moment, the conference sounds like a good idea, and I hope it gets organized.

Politically, this guy is like Ali, he's bobbing and weaving, butterfly, bee, all that jazz. Skippy is absolutely right (first time), he's all over the place. One has to wonder if the guy's got a bunch of stubborn body doubles putting words in his mouth or something.

Anyway, here's hoping the conference goes ahead without a hitch.

More dialogue between nations = less fighting. Can't argue with results.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Skippy your constant sarcastic titles are becoming more and more biased and irritating. Hopefully you will refrain from adding these kind of inappropriate comments to your thread titles in the future. Please explain to me why you put the term human rights in quotations?

Thanks.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yeah, talking and conferences beats death and war any day. Maybe he is tryin to redeem himself? HAHA. This guy is a cognitive roller coaster. Whats next, Starbucks and Iranian Disney World and Disco roller rinks?! I hope the conference mends some relationships and actually helps our world situation.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Looking from here, I'd say he's simply buying time.

If he gets the Europeans on board, that will add some resistance to Isreal or the US taking out the nuclear facilities.

My prediction is that the Mullah's are getting tired of Ahmadinejad and he will be assassinated not too far down the line.

And of course, Isreal or the US will be blamed, Iran will get a new president and the (nuclear) beat goes on....

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
just wondering, y this didn't make it into western news sources?

pretty good idea,tbh, I really liked the bit that says "in presence of Western media networks to be broadcast without censorship".

RESPECT

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Skippy your constant sarcastic titles are becoming more and more biased and irritating. Hopefully you will refrain from adding these kind of inappropriate comments to your thread titles in the future. Please explain to me why you put the term human rights in quotations?

Thanks.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by CPYKOmega]

If my titles irritate you, please to choose to ignore them. I would also recommend you use the "ignore" feature and omit me entirely. Otherwise I could care less that I irritate you.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This would be laughable if it weren't so tragic. Based on prior U.N. decisions there is no doubt that the world center of terrorism will host the next human rights conference. It's just part of the march to Armageddon. I now feel that it's inevitable the antichrist will be the Muslim Mahdi. Europe of course, is doomed to become a Muslim hell hole.

I however see a much more sinister grand conspiracy brewing. As a christian we had always been taught that the evil new-age left winger would be the shock troops for the advent of antichrist. This was no doubt influenced by the fact that these people are the chief opponents of christianity in the west; an issue emphasized in the writings of christian thinkers like Hal Lindsey and Constance Cumbey.

answering-islam.org.uk...

There were two major errors in this thinking however. The first was the silly notion that the morally depraved left have any real chance at staying in power in any culture in the world. The lessons of history are clear that morally decayed cultures are swiftly swallowed up and destroyed. They almost always self destruct from within.

The second error was dismissing the power and real growth of the Muslim terror empire. They have a deliberate plan of repopulating the world in their image. They have a known invasion plan, via immigration, using the moral laxity of foolish westerners against them. This is stated often in the mullah's rantings.

How convenient that the moral vacuum of post-christian modernism can be swiftly filled by hordes of fanatical idealogically driven Muslims. No pansied, limp wristed moral relativist can withstand the fervor of a fanatic. Look at how the 'enlightened' european democracies are falling to them and bowing before their every wish. The europeans have chosen muslim fundamentalism over christian fundamentalism, and as the knight who defended the grail in the last Indiana Jones movie said, "you have chosen poorly".

Just how poor this choice is, is now being felt by european women, who are being raped with impunity by Muslim men. They in turn have been told that this is 'good' since they are doing allah's will in conquering the infidel.
www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
well now, speaking of fanatical idealogs...

top topics

join