It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Scholars Were Paid to Aid U.S. Propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Listen Son dont include me in what you think you know

This is like the third thread in a row I've read where this 'member' (dong) is trying to belittle other members with the persistent, annoying, and condescending address 'son', despite being asked several times, nicely, to stop (all this to a steady drumbeat of anti-islamicism).

Will someone please hit this troll with a hammer?

-- -- --

Souljah
On topic: the presence of propaganda in this war and every other is a given. What's critical is the ability of consumers to recognize it as such.

As far as I'm concerned, the media in this country has little to no credibility, why should it be different in other countries? Independent journalists are really the only one's not tainted by special interest (pick-a-flavor) investment. Of course, there are so many independent journalists who are completely full of offal, it's tiresome sifting through the mess. Much easier to turn on the TV or pick up a paper, and believe whatever it says, with no thought towards who paid for the spot and/or who stands to gain by seeding stories.

People get what they deserve. Americans have believed the BS of the media in America for a long time now, they've put up with one miserable politician after another, they've laid down for every insult imaginable, and look around. We're suffering for our failure. It's not too late for us, nor is it too late for the Iraqis.

Who's at fault? Everybody's I guess. Shame about that, but it's a problem that isn't going to be solved on a national level - it has to be solved on an individual basis. Individuals make decisions. At least in theory...

Presumably Iraqis are just as capable of being discerning consumers of information as anyone else.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Right off - He had terrorist training camps which were in full use
pumping out trained terrorists - trained to take over airplanes, etc.

RIIIGHT!

Ofcourse you NEVER Mention that when Saddam did all thos "TERRIBLE" acts of "Terrorism" he was in Bed with Pentagon, which sold him Billions of Dollars worth in Military Equipment. Even in the year 1989 USA was giving Billions of Dollars of LOANS to Iraq via an Italian Bank.

The Iraq-gate scandal revealed that an Atlanta branch of Italy's largest bank, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, relying partially on U.S. taxpayer-guaranteed loans, funneled $5 billion to Iraq from 1985 to 1989.

How is it Possible that this Ruthless Dictator received so much money from the ALL GOOD United States of America?

And lets not forget to Mention that the Weapons of Mass Destruction - to be precise, the Chemical Agents found in Iraq - were Manufactured in the Unidet States:

"UN inspectors had identified many United States manufactured items that had been exported from the United States to Iraq under licenses issued by the Department of Commerce, and [established] that these items were used to further Iraq's chemical and nuclear weapons development and its missile delivery system development programs. The executive branch of our government approved 771 different export licenses for sale of dual-use technology to Iraq. I think that is a devastating record."

Iraq always was a Puppet Country of the West - especially of the United States. They Used Iraq to fight the war aganst Iran and they used them, just as the did use Afganistan, to fight the Big Bad Communists.

Everything elese is a Smoke Screen Curtain, beyond which you are unable to see - and probably will not ever be able to see.

My Humble Advice is:

Stop Watching FOX News!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
RIIIGHT!

Read the link. The facts are there.

Even in the year 1989 ...

Uh ... this is 2006. But whatever. The facts are that he was
in bed with the terrorists who were (and still are) out to destroy
America and the west in general. That includes this internet that
you enjoy pumping out anti-American propaganda on. Think about
it. If your team wins ... you won't be free to do much of anything,
including dump anti-Americanisms here.

My Humble Advice is:
Stop Watching FOX News!

My humble advice is ... dump the anti-America hate.
It'll eat you up and it is clouding your vision.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Souljah, we have been here before, why cant you comprehend a simple concept?
The world does not stay static! Who you were allies with, or who you had close relations with 10 years ago may be your enemy in the future. As such, you have to take into consideration world political climate when you refer to past events.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If your team wins ... you won't be free to do much of anything,

the only terrorists i ever saw Souljah join is the T team in counterstrike

but im sure that youre sure you have it right and hes typing from some cave in Iran while his muslim wife produces the electricity for his computer by pedalling the bicycle...that is if she want to eat tonight.
Take it easy on her souljah, or youll have to do the dishes yourself !!!
And i am not letting you borrow one of mine ever again !

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

If your team wins ... you won't be free to do much of anything,

the only terrorists i ever saw Souljah join is the T team in counterstrike

but im sure that youre sure you have it right and hes typing from some cave in Iran while his muslim wife produces the electricity for his computer by pedalling the bicycle...that is if she want to eat tonight.
Take it easy on her souljah, or youll have to do the dishes yourself !!!
And i am not letting you borrow one of mine ever again !

You forgot to add that your sure that hes sure that he also has a Bosnian man servent holding up the Satellite dish to complete the "connection".

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

You forgot to add that your sure that hes sure that he also has a Bosnian man servent holding up the Satellite dish to complete the "connection".

well he pays better than you did, dont be a sore loozer now daddyo

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
People still believe Saddam was training Terrorists?
Wow I'm speechless. Gotta alot of faith in Fox doncha? It's also kind of ironic you're mentioning this in a thread about "Propaganda"
ROFL!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Wow I'm speechless. Gotta alot of faith in Fox doncha? It's also kind of ironic you're mentioning this in a thread about "Propaganda"
ROFL!

Nicely put. You have to remember that most of these people are new to ATS as well. It is quite funny, though, seeing as the seniors of the board have seen this all too often.

Souljah excellent thread as usual. More and more we see the US getting away with anything and everything. Most people don't know what is really going on because they are lied to with disinformation and propaganda on a daily basic. They cannot tell fact from fiction. And as the saying goes, a lie told often enough becomes truth.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

"UN inspectors had identified many United States manufactured items that had been exported from the United States to Iraq under licenses issued by the Department of Commerce, and [established] that these items were used to further Iraq's chemical and nuclear weapons development and its missile delivery system development programs. The executive branch of our government approved 771 different export licenses for sale of dual-use technology to Iraq. I think that is a devastating record."

Ahem , the actual precursor chemicals and factories were supplied and built mainly by Germnay. The US wasn't involved in any of that

As for dual use, that is an extremely vague category. If the US sold Iraq light bulbs and some of them were used in in a CW factory, does that make them party to enabling Saddams CW capability. I think not, however that could be considered an example of dual use

BTW, what does this have to do with the thread
An attempt to troll

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
On topic: the presence of propaganda in this war and every other is a given. What's critical is the ability of consumers to recognize it as such.

Agreed. I see the Consumers of this Propaganda Denying that they are under such Influence - only proving, that the P-Machine is really Damn Efficient!

As far as I'm concerned, the media in this country has little to no credibility, why should it be different in other countries? Independent journalists are really the only one's not tainted by special interest (pick-a-flavor) investment. Of course, there are so many independent journalists who are completely full of offal, it's tiresome sifting through the mess. Much easier to turn on the TV or pick up a paper, and believe whatever it says, with no thought towards who paid for the spot and/or who stands to gain by seeding stories.

Surely you can not compare the Few Independant Journalists against the Immense Corporate Media Conglomerate, connected closely to the White House and the Pentagon? I agree that it is Hard to find some serious Indepenant, Non-Biased News these days, since everybody has one or the other piece of Agenda. But I think that is the Entire Point of this Polarization we are seeing Today.

People get what they deserve. Americans have believed the BS of the media in America for a long time now, they've put up with one miserable politician after another, they've laid down for every insult imaginable, and look around. We're suffering for our failure. It's not too late for us, nor is it too late for the Iraqis.

I think that the Corporate Media OWNZ the American People, and the People of the World - regardless the current Political Party in Power. It really makes no difference who is where, just as long as the Money keeps flowing and the People keep beliving your Lies.

That is nothing New.

Presumably Iraqis are just as capable of being discerning consumers of information as anyone else.

Presumably the Installation of a Democratic Goverment in Iraq also means the Installation of the Corruption within the Goverment and the Media.

But - it was always like that.

Everybod has a Price, right?

And Thank You for a Great Post with Great points being made!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Didn't bother to read the facts I posted about the first
World Trade Center bombing, did ya'?
Didn't bother to read this site previously posted either, did ya?
www.nationalreview.com...

BTW sardion - Tucker is a wimp and a cry baby. His
dives are an embarrassment to the entire NHL.

[edit on 1/3/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

www.nationalreview.com...

Now there's your averege Independant Media for your Source!

Some More Highlights Include:

Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy

Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild

Disinformation: 22 Media Myths That Undermine the War on Terror

And Ofcourse the Mandatory Wall Street Journal Link!

Imagine if the Pentagon PAYED Iraqi Clerics to put Pro-American Stories to the Iraqi People,

What Pentagon is doing to American People and the Local Corporate Media?

Think About it...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild

Hey, I think I saw a commercial for that late last night, 2 DVD's for only $19.99. You should tell your wife to pedal faster or you'll choke her, I'm sure you can order it online from your cave in Iran.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Mabye you'd like to comment on the insurgent propaganda Souljah?

Or is that another side that many members ethier dont want to hear about or dont care about?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Now there's your averege Independant Media for your Source!
Think About it...

Souljah ... Souljah ... Souljah ...

The facts listed at that source can be found all over
the news world and have been verified time and time
again. YOU asked for information that Saddam had ties
to terrorism, and I gave them to you. They are FACTS.
He was a financial supporter of the terrorists in the
first World Trade Center bombing, he was a financial
supporter of the Palestinian Homicide Bomber terrorists,
etc. etc. etc. FACTS.

Think about it ...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

This is like the third thread in a row I've read where this 'member' (dong) is trying to belittle other members with the persistent, annoying, and condescending address 'son', despite being asked several times, nicely, to stop (all this to a steady drumbeat of anti-islamicism).

Will someone please hit this troll with a hammer?

Ive also asked the mods to ask him to stop using comments he knows people are taking offensivly, but i guess when you share the mods views you enjoy there protection?

Propaganda at the end of the day is bad for us regular people, because the US can come out with outright lies and get away with it... Propaganda goes hand in hand in lying, which is something the whitehouse has great skill in.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The facts listed at that source can be found all over
the news world and have been verified time and time
again. YOU asked for information that Saddam had ties
to terrorism, and I gave them to you. They are FACTS.

All over WHAT News?

You mean the Fake News Bought by the Pentagon and the White House?

Oh that News!

Sorry, I can Hardly call them News, even more FACTS - especially if quoted from .mil, .gov sites!

[edit on 4/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

All over WHAT News?

You mean the Fake News Bought by the Pentagon and the White House?

Oh that News!

Sorry, I can Hardly call them News, even more FACTS - especially if quoted from .mil, .gov sites!

[edit on 4/1/06 by Souljah]

Just like sites that are run by terrorists supporters insurgent sypathisers?
Yes the paranioa wheel turns in both directions souljah.

BTW, if you cant trust a government site then what makes us able to trust the sites you have linked?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
BTW, if you cant trust a government site then what makes us able to trust the sites you have linked?

I have no idea why anybody links any site here. I have never seen once, and maybe I just missed it, a thread where everybody agreed that a site was not biased or spreading propaganda when it opposed their views.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join