It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Scholars Were Paid to Aid U.S. Propaganda

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A Pentagon contractor that paid Iraqi newspapers to print positive articles written by American soldiers has also been compensating Sunni religious scholars in Iraq in return for assistance with its propaganda work, according to current and former employees.

New York Times

The Lincoln Group, a Washington-based public relations company, was told early in 2005 by the Pentagon to identify religious leaders who could help produce messages that would persuade Sunnis in violence-ridden Anbar Province to participate in national elections and reject the insurgency, according to a former employee.

Since then, the company has retained three or four Sunni religious scholars to offer advice and write reports for military commanders on the content of propaganda campaigns, the former employee said. But documents and Lincoln executives say the company's ties to religious leaders and dozens of other prominent Iraqis is aimed also at enabling it to exercise influence in Iraqi communities on behalf of clients, including the military.

"We do reach out to clerics," Paige Craig, a Lincoln executive vice president, said in an interview. "We meet with local government officials and with local businessmen. We need to have relationships that are broad enough and deep enough that we can touch all the various aspects of society." He declined to discuss specific projects the company has with the military or commercial clients.

Interesting Article.

Divide and Rule?

Well, I guess the Lincoln Group, names it Divide and PROSPER:

Lincoln recently sought approval from the military to make Sunni religious leaders one of several "target audiences" of the propaganda effort in Iraq. A Lincoln plan titled "Divide and Prosper" presented in October to the Special Operations Command in Tampa, which oversees information operations, suggested that reaching religious leaders was vital for reducing Sunni support for the insurgency.

This Lincoln Group is Well Known for Performing Propaganda Operations in and out of the Iraqi Combat Zone - especially for Planting FAKE NEWS in Iraqi News Outlets, original Pieces Written by the US Military Information Operations.

Guess where the Lincoln Groups also Operates, since the Contract with Pentagon:

Source Watch

The Lincoln Group states on its website that "our employees and consultants have worked, and continue to work, around the world in such places as Iraq, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia and elsewhere. While others may view these locations as 'inhospitable', we prefer to call them 'challenging'."

One of LG Greatest Hits is also the,

"The Making of Heroes: Lincoln Group and the Fight for Fallujah",
as was reported by the ABC News, as they obtained these strategy documents, which were part of the Pentagon's multi-million dollar public relations campaign to sell the American war effort to the Iraqis.

No Propaganda in Iraqi War?

Related Links:
WAR: U.S. Military Pays Iraqi Newspapers to Run Pro U.S. Stories
The media are minimising US and British war crimes in Iraq
The Lincoln Group - Source of Fake Iraqi News
WAR: Sunni Muslim Clerics on U.S. Propaganda Payroll

[edit on 3/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Who realy cares, Porpoganda has many faces, It can be used for bad and it can be used for good, And its always flat out lies or half truths, You make it seem as if this is a bad thing, So what if they put fake positive stories in newspapers, If the Iraqis buy it maybe they will stop supporting the Behaders, and start trying to fight them and reclaim there country.

Would you rather them post articles and pay leaders to say things such as, Any iraqi who leaves his or her home has a chance of being blown up, shot, burned, and maimed.
You have no hope for democracy and the terrorists and exremists will win and you wil never be free
?

Thus getting even more people angry at us, Thus creating more fighters who kill our men? FFS I dont know why I even asked that, I think everyone on this board knows which option you would prefer.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
A Pentagon contractor that paid Iraqi newspapers to print positive articles written by American soldiers has also been compensating Sunni religious scholars in Iraq in return for assistance with its propaganda work, according to current and former employees.

Souljah, nice job is Proving that Sunni Religous scholars accept bribes and put money and the Western agenda before there faith.

God Bless the Sunni Religous Scholars.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Who realy cares, Porpoganda has many faces, It can be used for bad and it can be used for good, And its always flat out lies or half truths, You make it seem as if this is a bad thing, So what if they put fake positive stories in newspapers, If the Iraqis buy it maybe they will stop supporting the Behaders, and start trying to fight them and reclaim there country.

Well I see you have no Problem with Spreading Lies and Dissinformation to promote the US Military/Corporate Conglomerate and its Pro-War wishes. ž

So, putting FAKE news, does not represent any problem.

How would you feel if that same goverment put some Fake News, regarding American Populaton, not Iraqi?

Would that make you feel a little more "Deceived"?

Would you rather them post articles and pay leaders to say things such as, Any iraqi who leaves his or her home has a chance of being blown up, shot, burned, and maimed.

I would Rather that they post what is going on - not Lie about it and then call it a "Job Well Done" and "Mission Accomplished", when actually the situaton is really F.U.B.A.R.!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Souljah, nice job is Proving that Sunni Religous scholars accept bribes and put money and the Western agenda before there faith.

God Bless the Sunni Religous Scholars.

I am sure that all the Dead Civilans in the Fallujah Operations are really Grateful to Linclon Group to remember their Deaths with a Bunch of Fake News.

And I am sure that the Iraqi People WILL Remember who the people that betrayed Them for Money and the "Western Agenda".

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Son If your claims are true that Sunni Religous Scholars are bribeable, then its obvious that there Politicians are bribeable and all the rest down the food chain.

These "claims" damage the Iraqi people more than anyone else.

I suggest you get back to your agenda of "doin ya best to damage the west".

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Son If your claims are true that Sunni Religous Scholars are bribeable, then its obvious that there Politicians are bribeable and all the rest down the food chain.

Firstly - what is this stuff about, calling everybody "Son". Is that like some kind of Degrading Technique or a Tactic to show your superiority and Maturness to the "Other" posters?

Secondly - we all KNOW that Politicians are bunch of Lying, no good S.O.B.'s, which means, that when they are not "Kissing Babies" they are "Stealing their Lollipops".

These CLAIM damage the the Sunni Community in Iraq - therefore making them look even More Corrupt and even More leaning to the Western Coalition, for they have been accepting bribes to show that the war in Iraq is going to "Right" Way.

Tell me - if you think that the War in Iraq is INDEED going Great - why does Pentagon then need to BRIBE these people, so that they plant Fake news, about how GREAT Iraq is doing?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Firstly - what is this stuff about, calling everybody "Son". Is that like some kind of Degrading Technique or a Tactic to show your superiority and Maturness to the "Other" posters?

Secondly - we all KNOW that Politicians are bunch of Lying, no good S.O.B.'s, which means, that when they are not "Kissing Babies" they are "Stealing their Lollipops".

These CLAIM damage the the Sunni Community in Iraq - therefore making them look even More Corrupt and even More leaning to the Western Coalition, for they have been accepting bribes to show that the war in Iraq is going to "Right" Way.

Tell me - if you think that the War in Iraq is INDEED going Great - why does Pentagon then need to BRIBE these people, so that they plant Fake news, about how GREAT Iraq is doing?

Listen Son dont include me in what you think you know, what you know is what you know, what i know is what i know, Dont coin the term "we" until you earn it or you can prove it.

Your big mistake is that you want to seperate the War in Iraq from the War on Terror.

Iraq is a chapter in the War on Terror, and this Big picture mentality is what makes us assured of victory and the roving bands of Islamofascists doomed to failure.

Peace be with you son.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This MUST be the most Ironic post ever written on these boards. A post about propaganda and agendas authored by Souljah, it’s so crazy I don’t know where to start.

#1 Propaganda is used by both sides; it’s easily the most powerful weapon the insurgents are using (as they cannot compete militarily or)

#2 If these "Scholars" were willing to get paid to spread "propaganda", then must have believed the cause, as money is not more important than their belief. And, if they believed it and spread it, it was not propaganda from their point of view. One mans fact is another’s propaganda.

#3 The very story you quote (one irony of this post) is in itself propaganda that somebody was paid for.

#4 The most ironic of all: The insurgents don’t need to pay YOU a penny for your work...You do it for free. And yes, you are part of their propaganda machine, whether you realize it or not.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Skippy - don't you have me on Ignore?

EDIT: I suggest you also visit the Rest of the Related Links, mentioned in the first post - I think you might find some Authors of it, surprising.

Anyway, this one is just for those people, who think that US Military along with the US Goverment do not DO Propaganda Services.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Listen Son dont include me in what you think you know, what you know is what you know, what i know is what i know, Dont coin the term "we" until you earn it or you can prove it.

Sure.

No Problem.

Your big mistake is that you want to seperate the War in Iraq from the War on Terror.

And what Connections to the War on Terror des Iraq have - or DID Saddam have?

What Connections to the 9-11 Attacks - which were supposed to be the Start of the alleged War on Terrorism - did Saddam and Iraq Have?

Coalition Troops found no Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Saddam was never connected to Al-Qaeda.

US have brought War AND Terrorism in Iraq - that I agree on.

Iraq is a chapter in the War on Terror, and this Big picture mentality is what makes us assured of victory and the roving bands of Islamofascists doomed to failure.

And that is how an Empire's Mind Works.

Thanks for Showing to all of us your Imperialistic Absoultism!

Peace be with you son.

Wa Alaikum Salaam!

And you did not Answer my Question.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
www.capitolhillblue.com...

“I’ve been promised an early release if I do a good job promoting the war,” says one reservist who asked not to be identified.

In interviews with a number of reservists home for the holidays, a pattern emerges on the Pentagon’s propaganda effort. Soldiers are encouraged to contact their local news media outlets to offer interviews about the war. A detailed set of talking points encourages them to:

--Admit initial doubts about the war but claim conversion to a belief in the American mission;

--Praise military leadership in Iraq and throw in a few words of support for the Bush administration;

--Claim the mission to turn security of the country over to the Iraqis is working;

--Reiterate that America must not abandon its mission and must stay until the “job is finished.”

--Talk about how “things are better” now in Iraq.

go puppets, spread the word, war is gooooooooooood !

you might get out of it early (at some other suckers expense)

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Would that be this ?question?
"Tell me - if you think that the War in Iraq is INDEED going Great - why does Pentagon then need to BRIBE these people, so that they plant Fake news, about how GREAT Iraq is doing?"

Two reasons son this looked more like a statement than a question, and i dont yet think the war in Iraq is going "great" but i do think the War on Terror is going Fantastic.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
In interviews with a number of reservists home for the holidays, a pattern emerges on the Pentagon’s propaganda effort. Soldiers are encouraged to contact their local news media outlets to offer interviews about the war. A detailed set of talking points encourages them to:

Thanks nukunuku for this News Outlet!

You think that mister NumberCruncher is one of those "Reservists"?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Two reasons son this looked more like a statement than a question, and i dont yet think the war in Iraq is going "great" but i do think the War on Terror is going Fantastic.

Yeah?

FANTASTIC?

For who?

From my Position it looks like the War on Terror actually CREATES Terrorism!

Want Proof?

Still, I think that War on Terror is really going Fantastic! for a certain, Elite group of People.

They get Rich - and others Die Tryin'.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think he meant why you seem to call everyone who does not share your point of view "son"
Someone else asked you that in another thread. No answer there either.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by superhooptyratchetclanker
I think he meant why you seem to call everyone who does not share your point of view "son"
Someone else asked you that in another thread. No answer there either.

Actually I ment the Question which he Answered - but you are Right here.

I would also like to know the Deal behind this Son thingy.

And especially the Closing line:

Peace with you my Son,

Which ends this Threads filled with Hatred and INSULTS toward another Religion is completly Oxymoronic, just like the word Islamofascism.

Maybe he is a Priest or something.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

And what Connections to the War on Terror
des Iraq have - or DID Saddam have?

Right off - He had terrorist training camps which were in full use
pumping out trained terrorists - trained to take over airplanes, etc.

He was paying families of Palestinian homocide bombers tens of
thousands of dollars. The murderers knew that if they killed
themselves along with innocent people, they could get $$$ for
their families. Saddam provided financial incentive for murder in
Israel. Murder of Palestinians, Israelies, Americans, and anyone
else who happened to be there. This continued the destablized
situation in Israel and emboldened the Palestinian terrorists.

Billions in $$$ - stolen from the Iraqi people through the Oil for
Food program - which he stashed in Syria and other terrorist
nations. Of course Syria, which is a terrorist nation, invested that
$$$ into their own terror machine. For all we know that $$$
invested in Syria by Saddam could have helped with the
assassination of the Lebonese leader recently.

More info here -
www.nationalreview.com...

Remember the first World Trade Center bombing?

National Review
Deroy Murdock
Oct 21, 2003
Quote -

Author Richard Miniter reported September 25 on TechCentralStation: "U.S. forces recently discovered a cache of
documents in Tikrit, Saddam's hometown, that show Iraq gave
Mr. Yasin both a house and a monthly salary." Indiana-born,
Iraqi-reared al Qaeda member Abdul Rahman Yasin was indicted
for mixing the chemicals in the bomb that exploded beneath the
World Trade Center, killing six and injuring some 1,000 New Yorkers.

SKIPPYTJC -
You have voted skippytjc for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have two more votes this month.

ALSO - The humanitarian need was to liberate the Iraqis from the
mass murder and mass rape Saddam was levying against them.
Also - the theft of their billions in oil revenues which Saddam gave
in bribes to the UN.

[edit on 1/3/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yeah?

FANTASTIC?

For who?

From my Position it looks like the War on Terror actually CREATES Terrorism!

Fantastic for the Western countries and victims who get to destroy the Islamofascists on there turf instead of waiting for them to visit our turf.

Like i think we have already established, you have your "position" i have my "position".

waikanetanga kia koe tama !

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You think that mister NumberCruncher is one of those "Reservists"?

either that, or there is a leftover shrapnel in his head from when he was fighting the forces of evil islamo-nazi-darkness that threatened the peace-loving people of his little village at the edge of the magic forest in which the faries dwell.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join