It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sulu Sea Giant - Expert take on the discovery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand
Well, there's the part where the image of the giant on the sea floor looks exactly like the 7th colossus in the game...I'd say that's all you need to yell "viral marketing."

Fair enough... Do you maybe have some pics for comparison?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

I tried finding some on the 'net, but clear ones are hard to find as the creature hardly ever surfaces during the fight. If you'd like, I can fight the colossus again tomorrow, take some photos, and post those.

For now, take a look at the photo and let me point some things out:

Firstly, notice the three dark lines midway down the creature (about the same area where the ruler is). In game, these are electrified spines on the creature's back, and also denote it's weak points. You have to stab those to bring it down. Also, take a look at the bottom photo. You can see the tentacle-like whiskers protruding from the creature's face. Of special note is the tail at the top of the photos. It's a very distinctive shape, and is covered in hair (I've fallen off of it a number of times).

In case anyone else was curious, the other viral campaigns feature these colossi:

Syberian Giant is the 2nd Colossus:

Incan Giant is the 3rd Colossus:

And the Persian Giant is the 13th Colossus:

[edit on 9/1/2006 by Thousand]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand

I tried finding some on the 'net, but clear ones are hard to find as the creature hardly ever surfaces during the fight. If you'd like, I can fight the colossus again tomorrow, take some photos, and post those.

Photos or screen shots? I take it the game is only available on PS2.... Google... Oh, I see. So taking a screenshot isn't really all that easy. Well it would be great to get a good pic for comparison to settle this once and for all.

I found one screenshot here but it's not really good enough for comparison.

I see there was the same confusion over at the museum of Hoaxes as well as the Playstation forum...

Well, all over the Internet the general feeling is that all the giants pointed out at ATS as Sony hoaxes, are indeed Sony creations. I wonder if Sony will ever admit to this...

Well, if it is the case, then I must admit that I was wrong for one, and that Sony created one of the best and elaborate marketing schemes ever.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I had seen a thread showing pics of the so called "persian giant" a few weeks back, but then i couldnt find the thread anymore. Now this pops up,
i have read through this thread and some other related threads concernign the giants.
Now i know marketing does do some very sneaky, and often moraly wrong advertising to hype up a product, but sony to go to the length of either planting hoax fossils, setting up numerous amounts of webpages, and create fake emails and phone number and voicemail. This seems to be going abit to far. If this has been a sony hoax, then i dont know.
Laws should be put in place to stop things like this from happening again.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Gemwolf I really think you should mail Sony. In any case, just give them some story about you being a scientist working in that area and that you are trying to figure out if its true or not, that a giant statue has been found underwater.

After all, we are ATS scientists, right?

LoL... Me? A Scientist...
I just have no idea who to ask about it, if I were to email them? The MD of Sony Corp?

I was thinking their marketing department..
It shouldnt be too hard to find their email.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join