It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US will invade Iran in '06

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It will be no mushroom remember Iran sits in lake of oil the same oil that will be the bounty after invasion.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by marg6043]

Well, that is does...so i guess the US is screwed either way...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Hey, look on the Scott 'I can be bought and make predictions too' Ritter brightside: even a broken clock gives the correct time twice a day.

Seekerof, Ritter was RIGHT on Iraq. You were WRONG.

Stay in your little cocoon of denial as long as you want.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I culled this just for you...

Be wary of those who argue vociferously on behalf of one party only. Their allegience is to their party, rather than to the overall good of the country.

Political bias affects brain activity, study finds
Democrats and Republicans both adept at ignoring facts, brain scans show

msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
i've been studying nostradamus' prophecies and i've come to the conclusion Iran will rally the muslim forces and march through europe with an army, more than a million strong!

Spearhead, I thank you for joining this discussion.

With all due respect, though, that will happen when pigs fly.

America won't of organised an invasion before this happens.
Though they are probably trying their best to foil the prophecies!

Nostradomus' predictions are meaningless to the US government. Meaningless also to the masses.

Iran will be the leader of the Army of the False Anti-Christ....

For those who study the end-time biblical prophecies, the interpretation goes that the Revived Roman Empire (EU) will once again rise to world hegemony in the latter days. According to the prophecies, the anti-Christ will arise from the RRE (EU state).

According to what is happening with the US economy and our little wars; and the EU's rise and the rise of the euro (petro-euro), not to mention China being on the ascendant, I see the above playing out. If the US does not change course immediately, the US economy will crash and we will once again become subservient to Britain (EU). And the anti-Christ will reveal himself. He will, amazingly, hold all answers to these heinous conflicts. The masses will fall for him, like a schoolgirl falling for the captain of the football team.

It is prophecised that China will march when all parties are exausted so as to ensure their victory.......... Is China the Anti-Christ???

According to the same (biblical) prophecies, the fight will explode in Israel (Meggido). The River Euphrates will dry up and the Chinese hoards will march down it to join the battle.

As a Christian AND a veteran, we should do everything in our power to halt the onslought of war. To keep that horrific genie in its bottle. Afterall, no where in the bible does it tell believers to bring on the big one (that's complete BS pushed by those on the right). NO! We are told to keep on working and living - in the knowledge that one day the Lord will come. God gives each of us freewill, as well the nations. It is up to us alone to determine when we will destroy ourselves or how long we choose to live.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Forget about all that WMD bologny so easily swallowed the first time it was served (Iraq). Here's the real reason the BushCons want to do Iran:

For more than half a century, Britain and the US have menaced Iran. In 1953, the CIA and MI6 overthrew the democratic government of Muhammed Mossadeq, an inspired nationalist who believed that Iranian oil belonged to Iran. They installed the venal shah and, through a monstrous creation called Savak, built one of the most vicious police states of the modern era. The Islamic revolution in 1979 was inevitable and very nasty, yet it was not monolithic and, through popular pressure and movement from within the elite, Iran has begun to open to the outside world - in spite of having sustained an invasion by Saddam Hussein, who was encouraged and backed by the US and Britain.

At the same time, Iran has lived with the real threat of an Israeli attack, possibly with nuclear weapons, about which the "international community" has remained silent. Recently, one of Israel's leading military historians, Martin van Creveld, wrote: "Obviously, we don't want Iran to have nuclear weapons and I don't know if they're developing them, but if they're not developing them, they're crazy."

It is hardly surprising that the Tehran regime has drawn the "lesson" of how North Korea, which has nuclear weapons, has successfully seen off the American predator without firing a shot. During the cold war, British "nuclear deterrent" strategists argued the same justification for arming the nation with nuclear weapons; the Russians were coming, they said. As we are aware from declassified files, this was fiction, unlike the prospect of an American attack on Iran, which is very real and probably imminent.

Blair knows this. He also knows the real reasons for an attack and the part Britain is likely to play. Next month, Iran is scheduled to shift its petrodollars into a euro-based bourse. The effect on the value of the dollar will be significant, if not, in the long term, disastrous. At present the dollar is, on paper, a worthless currency bearing the burden of a national debt exceeding $8trn and a trade deficit of more than $600bn. The cost of the Iraq adventure alone, according to the Nobel Prizewinning economist Joseph Stiglitz, could be $2trn. America's military empire, with its wars and 700-plus bases and limitless intrigues, is funded by creditors in Asia, principally China.
www.uruknet.com...

If we were honest with ourselves, we would admit that if we were Iranians, we'd probably also feel much safer if we knew our nation could counter those (nuclear) threats all around us.

Far too many Americans embrace tortured logic and moral/intellectual dishonesty.

Why is it ok for Pakistan, India and Israel to make their bombs, but not Iran? The last time I checked, those three nations built their programs covertly and don't answer to anyone. The hypocrisy is staggering.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Seekerof, Ritter was RIGHT on Iraq.

Sorry Seeker, but I'm afraid I have to agree that Scott Ritter was right- at least he was before he accepted almost half a million in blood money to make a propaganda film against the people who he was already angry at for not letting him do his job.

The Oil For Weapons Inspectors Program

Financial Times
April 13, 2004
Money questions surround former UN weapons inspector's film: Arms expert's documentary was backed by financier who profited from the controversial oil-for-food programme for Iraq

Mr Ritter has admitted accepting Dollars 400,000 from Shakir al-Khafaji, an
Iraqi-born Detroit businessman, in order to finance a documentary film
titled In Shifting Sands. The film's principal theme - highly controversial
when it was released in 2001 - was that UN weapons inspectors had "defanged"
Iraq.

Today, an investigation by the Financial Times and Italian daily business
newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore reveals that Mr Khafaji belonged to a select group to whom the Baghdad regime awarded "allocations" for millions of barrels of oil under the UN oil-for-food programme between 1995 and 2002.

Please do read the article. You'd be shocked just how much he admits- even to making statements which are CLEARLY designed to solicit false assurances of propriety that will allow him to claim no knowledge later.

It also refers to a note sent between the two companies that moved the oil bribes which proves the money was destined for someone called S.R. whom "is very influential here". Furthermore, connections between these two companies and arms dealers who work with Iraq are mentioned.

Before Scott Ritter was being bankrolled by Saddam (and maybe blackmailed too, considering that that Mr Ritter likes his Scotch the way he likes his women: 12 years old, and has admitted to visiting Iraqi prisons for the children of political dissidents) but before all of that, he was quite right when he made such statements as:

I think the danger right now is that without effective inspections, without effective monitoring, Iraq can in a very short period of time measured in months, reconstitute chemical and biological weapons, long-range ballistic missiles to deliver these weapons, and even certain aspects of their nuclear weaponization program

and

So we weren't allowed to do our job out of fear of a confrontation in which the United States would not be able to muster the required support of the Security Council to respond effectively or to respond in a manner which they had said they would respond in Resolution 1154.

and said that he resigned

"out of frustration that the United Nations Security Council, and the United States as its most significant supporter, was failing to enforce the post-Gulf War resolutions designed to disarm Iraq."

So, what changed between 1998, when Ritter said that they weren't letting him do his job because a confrontation would naturally result, and 2000 when he said that he was ordered to provoke a confrontation just so that bombing could be carried out?
Well, I can only really think of one thing that changed: Ritter's net worth.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I culled this just for you...

Be wary of those who argue vociferously on behalf of one party only. Their allegience is to their party, rather than to the overall good of the country.

Political bias affects brain activity, study finds
Democrats and Republicans both adept at ignoring facts, brain scans show

msnbc.msn.com...

Good piece of info. I'm glad YOU read it. Fits you perfectly, the ignoring facts part.

I'm NOT a republican btw, and can't stand Bush....if that's what you were hinting at. And no where in this thread have I ever defended Bush and his people. See what I mean about how that article fits you. You like seeing things your way to fit your agenda instead of how they really are.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That musta been the knockout punch.

You guys cant be done already are ya?

I was enjoying the debate. I wish I wasnt so busy with work Weird, or I would take over for ECK. I think he was doing a pretty good job.

Come On Kid!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
That musta been the knockout punch.

You guys cant be done already are ya?

I was enjoying the debate. I wish I wasnt so busy with work Weird, or I would take over for ECK. I think he was doing a pretty good job.

Come On Kid!

Please take over.
Word is, ECK was taken to the hospital.

He had his head too far up his....

....ah nevermind.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wish I could. I just dont have the time to post links or proof of anything I read. I work 65 hours a week. My first shift gig is working front desk at a hotel so it allows a lot of 15-25 minute windows to read/post, but it doesnt give me enough time to post links and quotes and stuff that makes a decent arguement. I think these things are pretty necessary after the little spat you fellas had goin.

It is also only fair to say that I think you are grossly incorrect in almost all of your thought processes, but this is irrelevant since I cant argue otherwise in an educated, reasonable manner with the time frames I have to work with. I would love to prove your wrong...thats why I wish smiley was here. He was doin a good job.

Whats he in the 'spital for?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There may or may not be a war, the United States of America Will attack Iran in the Next 6 months to a year. Unless they change their approach to obtaining "Nuclear Fuel".

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
According to my source (former Pentagon) Iran has been on the table and is in the works and is up next on the oil region hit-list.

He says, "Iran is next. - been planned for years. It is an operational plan, not contingency."

One thing is clear; we have absolutely no control over what does happen there.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw
According to my source (former Pentagon) Iran has been on the table and is in the works and is up next on the oil region hit-list.

He says, "Iran is next. - been planned for years. It is an operational plan, not contingency."

One thing is clear; we have absolutely no control over what does happen there.

Bla bla bla... That's what all of our former Pentagon employees friends say.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
It is also only fair to say that I think you are grossly incorrect in almost all of your thought processes, but this is irrelevant since I cant argue otherwise in an educated, reasonable manner with the time frames I have to work with. I would love to prove your wrong...thats why I wish smiley was here. He was doin a good job.

During your next free time, tell me what you think I'm wrong about. No arguing or anything and you don't have to go into any details at all. I'm just curious what you think I'm wrong about.

Looking over my posts again, there are two things that I disagree with:
1. Pinky believes that Europe and UN will just be cheerleading from the sidelines. I disagree. Up to this point they have been players and everything indicates they will continue to be players in this game. Unless somethng drastic happens, I don't see why they'll be benched.

2. ECK and others think that we'll invade Iran next month. Logistically speaking, that'll take a miracle. If that was going to happen, we'd have started preparing (real preperation) months ago.

Everything else is basically centered around those two points
Unless I missed something.....

Whats he in the 'spital for?

I don't...
I would say zipper accident, but nothing's there anyway so....

jk of course!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I also believe this will be another semi-independent venture on the US and probably the Uk's part. Europe is doing a lot of talking, but I think Bush will be the first to throw Diplomacy to the wind and Blair will follow closely, what with his tongue stuck in...nevermind.

I dont know when. I am on the fence there. I dont trust much of what I have read. I doubt it comes that soon, but what the hell do we really know? I do think it will come. It will take a miracle to disuede Bush from more conflict. I dont know whether he thinks he is truely bringing these people freedom, or if he is just there to rape and pillage oil or whatever, but I do think it will happen, probably in the next 12 months.

Like I said, I cant post quotes from books, mags, or the web...I just dont have time. I also should say I dont agree with him completely either.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

According to what is happening with the US economy and our little wars; and the EU's rise and the rise of the euro (petro-euro), not to mention China being on the ascendant, I see the above playing out. If the US does not change course immediately, the US economy will crash and we will once again become subservient to Britain (EU). And the anti-Christ will reveal himself. He will, amazingly, hold all answers to these heinous conflicts. The masses will fall for him, like a schoolgirl falling for the captain of the football team.

According to the same (biblical) prophecies, the fight will explode in Israel (Meggido). The River Euphrates will dry up and the Chinese hoards will march down it to join the battle.

As a Christian AND a veteran, we should do everything in our power to halt the onslought of war. To keep that horrific genie in its bottle. Afterall, no where in the bible does it tell believers to bring on the big one (that's complete BS pushed by those on the right). NO! We are told to keep on working and living - in the knowledge that one day the Lord will come. God gives each of us freewill, as well the nations. It is up to us alone to determine when we will destroy ourselves or how long we choose to live.

Alls I say to that, is Amen, ECK!

I hearya!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
It also refers to a note sent between the two companies that moved the oil bribes which proves the money was destined for someone called S.R. whom "is very influential here". Furthermore, connections between these two companies and arms dealers who work with Iraq are mentioned.

Before Scott Ritter was being bankrolled by Saddam (and maybe blackmailed too, considering that that Mr Ritter likes his Scotch the way he likes his women: 12 years old

I think the danger right now is that without effective inspections, without effective monitoring,

Nice try at an attempt of a hatchett job.

What are your sources on the above speculation? Until you up some, your claims are pure tabloid.

As for your last sentence, what does the above have to do with that? Doing a drive by? It's reminscent of the hits on Clinton (on a daily basis). Can you imagine if Clinton had shot someone? Like Cheney did.

[edit on 24-01-2004 by BigEasy]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Can you imagine if Clinton had shot someone? Like Cheney did.

than it would most likely be his wife

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
2. ECK and others think that we'll invade Iran next month. Logistically speaking, that'll take a miracle. If that was going to happen, we'd have started preparing (real preperation) months ago.

Everything else is basically centered around those two points
Unless I missed something.....

What do you know that no one else knows? The above is not classified.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bozorgh

Can you imagine if Clinton had shot someone? Like Cheney did.

than it would most likely be his wife

If Bill Clinton had been anywhre near a shotgun when someone got shot, he woudl have bee charged with treason from the right! On the spot!

It would've been a great conspiracy!

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join