It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Shows Support for Bush Among Military Falling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Two years ago my brother (a SC National Guardsman) told me that at the beginning of the Iraq invasion, the majority of the members in his guard unit supported the president; but now, the vast majority of those in his unit disagree with the president's policies.

Here's a poll that reflects a similar mood.

Support for Bush drops among US military: poll
Jan 02 6:43 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

Support for President George W. Bush's Iraq policy has fallen among the US armed forces to just 54 percent from 63 percent a year ago, according to a poll by the magazine group Military Times.
www.breitbart.com...

In my experience, that number's moving toward low approval. It's been quite some time since the military looked so disapprovingly of a Republican president.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Where DO you get this information from?
Its good to see you posting again!

I have no doubt that the military is fed up, but really unable to speak their mind.
I hope 2006 has a trip home in store for all of them for good.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Where DO you get this information from?

The military in this case. Military Times exclusive poll of all active duty.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It is important to note - as this article does.. those polled probably reflect those of a higher pay grade, or time in service.

The rank and file don't usually pay attention to this stuff. So, these are the brass, answering, basically.

Those who aren't paying attention (roughly half) are pretty much split evenly between young, unedumacated rednecks and minorities.

Thanks, DG.. good to hear from ya!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
. . . . .and falling, and falling.

Sadly, count me there- never have i been so let down by a person in my life. Still he is my boss- so i can't go much into it beyond saying i am terribly disappointed. Still we just put on the fake smile and say "yes sir, two bags full sir"

Gosh darn it though- if i didn't have so much time in and retirement such a BIG DEAL to me- i'd find something else to do. Meanwhile counting the days to the next boss.

Grin and bear it- stiff uppper lip and all that- blah.

new topics

top topics

join