It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MSM is Dying: Wanna Know Why? Listen to This Guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here's an interesting critique on what's wrong with today's media by Robert Fisk. I'm a little surprised the LA Times ran it. Good for them.

Telling it like it isn't
By Robert Fisk
ROBERT FISK is Middle East correspondent for the London Independent and the author, most recently, of "The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East," published last month by Knopf.

December 27, 2005

I FIRST REALIZED the enormous pressures on American journalists in the Middle East when I went some years ago to say goodbye to a colleague from the Boston Globe. I expressed my sorrow that he was leaving a region where he had obviously enjoyed reporting. I could save my sorrows for someone else, he said. One of the joys of leaving was that he would no longer have to alter the truth to suit his paper's more vociferous readers.
fairuse.1accesshost.com...

He's one of the best journalists out there today. Seek him out.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Excellent article ECK I have also noticed that media is not what used to be.

back in the seventies media will give you anything regardless of "sensitivities"

It is easier to fight wars where blood and gore doesn't show but to a smear on the side of the road that looks white washed red.

Funny I used to see the bodies in the pages of the newspaper of death people back home and never took away any of my "sensibilities" Death is death anywhere you put it but is better to "no imagine" that looking at it.

The whole changing of the way words are used started when I was in college I actually took a class on that.

Funny at the time I though it was silly, now I know what it was all about, twenty and some years later.

Replacing the way the news are given is one of the many ways to influence public opinion and to geared to a desirable response.

Great link.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In college, I had to read books on dystopia.. like Evgeny Zimiatin's "We" and "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley; I had to write papers on them. I had so much contempt for the whole notion of the possibility of one world governent and all that. Now I see it heading straight for us. Funny how the years alter our perspectives.

join