It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you believe in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I believe in God. I believe that if God made us, then we are all divinely inspired. I question your motivations, pearls are pearls and wisdom is wisdom in any language.

Why do you think I have a moniker?

It is to show you who I am. I do not need to glorify myself to bask in reflected glory. I don't want you to read what I have to say if all you're going to do is question my motivations all day.

Plagiarism is nonsense, it is a made-up word a bit like class or dismissed. If you didn't borrow words you wouldn't be able to talk. If you didn't borrow interpretation you wouldn't be able to form an opinion. Shall I look for the etymology or the reason behind every word and letter before I decide to post something or should I just go out and do it? Let people take offence, bend a few rules.

Life is a lesson, it is not a dog eat dog world, it's a dog eat cat world and I've spent long enough being chased by dogs to realise that being a dog is the only way I'm going to accomplish anything.

Be the change that you want to see - God (later used by Mahatma Ghandi - what a thief)

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Simon_the_byron]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
"Who do you believe in?
I put my faith in God
Blessed I'm still breathin
And even though it's hard
that's who I believe in
Before I'm leaving
I'm askin and pleading
Who do you believe in"
'Who Do You Believe In' by Tupac Shakur

Too many exquisite perfections in this universe.
Obviously the product of GOD's genius (genius not a good word 4 it)

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ooookay. So what is your point?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I believe in placing threads in the proper forums, and following the rules of this.

This is why I am moving this thread to the Faith and Spirituality.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Ooookay. So what is your point?

My 'point' is that I'm not here to win points. I'm here to teach wisdom, wisdom is something I've picked up and I'm trying to dump in your hands. I refuse to feel guilty simply for recycling concepts. Recycling is something I enjoy doing, I am nothing without God, so my agenda is truth and truth alone, glory is God's - I could never take it, no matter how hard I try. I want to share my spirit, but truth is something that evolves over time. I entrust it to God and God gives it back to me, fuller and better than ever before.

Am I forcing my opinion on you? Are you forcing your opinion on me?

We both chose life, we both chose questions, all I know is that I exist because of my belief in love, because I had faith in God.

I'm on anti-psychotics because whenever I talk about love I'm misrepresented. Every day I'm humbled and every day I struggle against humiliation. Who will kick me when I'm down, when I'm hurting, when my family is hurting? Who will rub salt into my wounds?

3 weeks ago I wanted to kill myself. Just over a month ago my dad nearly lost his arm, you want to know more?

Ask me.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I really don't know what i believe, there is so much. All i know is that I don't believe in god and i don't believe the bible, but I do believe in aliens. I don't think i will ever decide on what i believe created the world and life, just not enough info to convince me on anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hmm-- What I believe in:

GOD, number one--- I have a strong faith in God. I believe that it is by His working that the world was created and life exists.

Do I believe in aliens? Not so much-- They may exist, but as far as contact, I have to think not.

Most else of what I believe is pretty much foggy right now.. But I'm young-- I've got time to figure it all out.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
3 weeks ago I wanted to kill myself. Just over a month ago my dad nearly lost his arm, you want to know more?

Ask me.

Sounds like you have had alot of stress in the last few weeks.

Actually I do want to know more, how have you been handling it? Do you have some people who you can talk with, when things get really bad?

There is hope in Jesus Christ and the daily battles we face will not go on forever. You need to fill yourself with the truth of why you are here. If there anything you need help with let me know.

www.gotquestions.org...

[edit on 2-1-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Sounds like you have had alot of stress in the last few weeks.

Actually I do want to know more, how have you been handling it? Do you have some people who you can talk with, when things get really bad?
[edit on 2-1-2006 by dbrandt]

About a month or two ago, I stopped sleeping. I must have slept 8 hours in 2 weeks. I slept for 2 hours on the 9th of December and I dreamt of explosions in a factory. I wake up, watch the news and Hemel Hempstead has had a factory explosion - a blaze that lasted for days in which noone was hurt. I felt somehow responsible. I tried to cheer myself up with desire, desire did me no favours. God did me a huge favour - he removed my desire and I became like a baby once again. It was an out of body experience, it was terrifying, but it was very real.

I kicked and screamed against those that loved me, I was overcome with emotion, information, codes and my past. I lost my sense of control, I hurt my best friend and I hurt my family, I lashed out against those that had misunderstood me, even though it was me that had hidden so much from them, I was seeking mercy, but asking to be justified.

I was taken to a walk-in General Practitioner, I questioned his motives - he was trying to understand me. I wasn't speaking for myself, there was an energy flowing through me that I couldn't switch off. It was love, it was painful but it was so honest. I tripped him up so many times he gave up and sent me home.

The next day I felt like I had been transported from hell straight into paradise. The understanding I was sorely lacking previously had suddenly come into fruition all by itself.

My family knows my heart, they know how humble I have been and how much pain I have felt. Slowly but surely I have found my self again, God has guided me, desire has not overcome my sense of self. Now I see temptation everywhere that I go, my only desire is to please God and I started writing a book on my life.

I'm in so much debt all I can think about is money, it's like the devil is trying to stop me completing what I've worked my whole life to accomplish. He's trying to feed me desire till I choke on it.

I've been prescribed anti-psychotics even though I've said I don't want them, they add to my confusion, they make me feel senile, I can't remember any details and they create conflict in my mind.

For once I have clarity of vision, but my thoughts are being suppressed at every turn. As soon as I start writing, people start to bother me. People interfere, or I hear a crash, a cry or I sense distraction.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It was an out of body experience, it was terrifying, but it was very real.

I kicked and screamed against those that loved me, I was overcome with emotion, information, codes and my past. I lost my sense of control, I hurt my best friend and I hurt my family, I lashed out against those that had misunderstood me,

A couple of questions.

You believe this out of body experience was from God, is that right? And it was during this experience, that people were hurt, in whatever way they were hurt?

Also, could you put a more specific name to the God you are talking about?

[edit on 3-1-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

It was an out of body experience, it was terrifying, but it was very real.

I kicked and screamed against those that loved me, I was overcome with emotion, information, codes and my past. I lost my sense of control, I hurt my best friend and I hurt my family, I lashed out against those that had misunderstood me,

A couple of questions.

You believe this out of body experience was from God, is that right? And it was during this experience, that people were hurt, in whatever way they were hurt?

Also, could you put a more specific name to the God you are talking about?

[edit on 3-1-2006 by dbrandt]

I believe it was a test from God produced by temptation from demonic spirits. I was weakened by lack of sleep, a half pint of alcohol and my desire to cheer myself up. My best friend's house contains 2 spirits, I can communicate with both of them and have been able to since I was 3 or 4 years old.

It was an out of body experience, in that my spirit had left my body and I was being controlled by a demonic spirit that seeked to destroy the bonds of affection my family felt for me.

God, slowly but surely allowed my spirit to return to my body and I am now strong enough mentally to rebuke the demonic spirits.

Thanks for your help.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I believe in me and my abilities. That is all.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I believe Howard Stern should have a hair cut.

and his tongue.

i also believe in hell where scorpions sting your nuts forever and ever.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I might believe in trees bearing fruits, in growing grass, in people being funny, but who I really believe in , is Him that came and was named JEsus, the christ. Through Him, I believed His Father, His Son, am I. Named David. With as my material father, Joseph, and my mother, Margaretha, almost biblical.. coincidences do happen!

..but she, my mother, not having immaculate conception then.

almost.... biblical. Or who knows? Should ask her..

[edit on 14-1-2006 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I dont need to believe in any creator nor feel the need to, nothing speaks in/to me. But if you find pleasure and comfort in believing in whatever then I believe thats a good thing as long as it causes no harm or discomfort in others.

G

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
who do i believe in?

that statement tells a lot about your beliefs without even reading your initial post.

well, i'm a buddhist, now that doesn't mean i actually believe in the buddha, more in his teachings.

i believe that all manifestations of the divine are actually reflections of something even greater than an omni^3 being.

new topics

top topics

join