It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it is a Bad thing to be anti or pro gun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There is a big question on the internet right now and it is do you think badthing is an anti or pro gunner? Personally I think she is a hypocrite. Her website is called Marilyn's Non-Violent Planet www.non-violent.com and you can go there and judge for yourself.

mod edit: corrected title so it makes more sense

[edit on 3-1-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reffering to guns . to quote , from the page " Until they are gone, we need to use them safely"

errr yeah right - "her " stance is pretty clear

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And this has what to do with weaponry past, present, or future ?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
if loons like her get her way - there will be no guns " future " ???

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
could someone explain what is badthing is all about ? never heard of it ??

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Please, does it make her a "loon" because she apparently has a different stance on the gun issue? COnsidering that her article is centered around the gun concept as a whole, and not "guns in the USA"? (BTW it has to be a woman - I have yet to see the man that puts up the effort and colours every 2nd word in rainbow colours
)

To topic:
This is BelowTopSecret material, or for the politics section.
Anyway, she makes her stance very clear:

...Although I will FOREVER believe that guns have been invented for the sole purpose of causing harm/death to all living things, until my dream of living upon a planet where NOBODY has to rely upon guns, or for THAT matter, ANY kind of lethal weapons of mass destruction, let me assure you that I am not one of the anti-gunners in possession of the kind of mindset who would presume to sit here and tell you that it was the "evil gun ALONE" (to use my friend Charlie's words) that is jumping up and causing all of this dreadful gun violence within our society today, for NO...it is FAR more complicated than simply blaming the inanimate gun...
Article

A mod should move this thread.

[edit on 3/1/2006 by Lonestar24]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

ALL POSTERS READ THIS!
This forum is for information about Military weapons technology past, present, and future.

Moving to Social Issues on P@ATS, as this is a dicussion about pro or anti gun ownership and the Weaponary section of ATS is not the place for such discussion.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
asside from the fact that it will never happen.. I have no problem at all with the idea of total obliteration of all guns on earth....

but thats because I am a martial artist and it would give me an edge.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The right to bear arms will never go away, American people take that very much at hart.

Is the only way that the American people can defend themselves in case our government turns against us.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I personally don't think that getting rid of guns will solve much. People will still kill each other, regardless. Not to mention there are tons of responsible gun owners out there, you just don't see them on the news because theres no reason to report them. You only see the gun crimes.

The phrase still remains "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

If you take away guns, people will stab each other, if you take away the knives, people will beat each other. =/ People have killed way before guns were invented.

What we should really focus on is keeping guns away from people who would misuse them, which unfortunatly is very difficult...

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think it's bad to be anti-gun. If you don't want a gun around, don't have one. Don't be trying to grab them from the rest of us!

Criminals love unarmed victims, for one thing. Know why NYC and DC have high crime rates? Because of gun control.

Know why Hitler didn't invade Switzerland? Because everyone there was armed--in fact, in Switzerland, you are required to have a gun in your home, and the crime rate there is very low.

And another thing: Fear the government that fears your guns!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, if you REALLY want to get rid of guns you have to get rid of the ways to manufacture them (and it's QUITE easy if you know how) and how to manufacture ammunition.

Personally I am not particulary pro-gun or anti-gun, I believe in a ballance.

Personally I think firearms should be available reasonably well granted the person is sane and has no criminal records and should be taught about proper gun ownership.

However, fully automatic weapons should not be available to civilians unless they can give a legitimate usage for it (which aren't very many).

Weapons of and over .50cal should be restricted to long range target shooting and should not be employed by hunters (which is currently not the case), the exception to this rule is ofcourse shotguns and muzzleloaders, pistols like the Desert Eagle .50AE pistol and the .500S&W revolver have little use besides target shooting and sillouette shooting, but their price is already highly restrictive.

Semi-Automatics with Assault Weapon features should remain untouched since none of the modifications add much to lethality (besides making it look more mean) but bans on SBR (Short Barrel Rifles), Destructive Devices such as Sawed-off shotguns should remain as they are since they are potentionally too dangerous to people like law-enforcement and could be too lethal if a guy goes postal on a school or such.

So all in all, I largely agree with the laws here in the US, I think that guns should be a little more accesable price wise since many guns are seriously over-priced even though they are cheaper than most.

For example, the Romanian AKs aren't that fancy at all, definitly not the worst AK but definitly not the best, however, Russian and Chinese AKs are widely available in third world countries and they are not priced 300~500 dollars at all, they go for MUCH CHEAPER since they are cheap to produce! but the people that sell them only care about their profits, and they profit big off of them, we are basically being charged for all sorts of cost including import cost and cost to make the comply (having 5 or so parts that are made in America, don't quote me though).

Hi-Point is an excellent example of making affordable guns for a FAIR price, they manufacture their guns for around 100 dollars in some examples and make a healthy profit off of it, and it's reasonable quality too! much better stuff than those WASR-10 AK clones!

I think legal guns are not the problem in the United States, it's the illegal guns that are stolen, manufactured illegally, bought in third world countries, etc., every criminal can buy a gun in most major cities just by going to their drug dealer buddies or whatever.

new topics

top topics

join