It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel torturing Palestinians in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sonic booms terrorizing Palestinians in Gaza

WEST BANK: Palestinians liken it to a bomb dropped directly over their heads leaving them shaking and shocked; human rights groups call it collective punishment; and the Israeli military says it is a necessary, and relatively benign, military response.

Low-flying F-16 fighter jets break the sound barrier above populated areas, creating thunderous shock waves which shake buildings, break windows, blow off doors, and cause widespread panic, fear, and hysteria.

The practice began in late September 2005 after Israeli settlers withdrew from Gaza. Initially, the attacks came as a response to a barrage of rockets fired by resistance groups into Israel. Eventually, the rockets stopped, but the booms continued.

Do you think this kind of response to a few home made rockets is appropriate? Israel has began shelling a large part of Gaza since returning it to the Palestinians, now they are using more illegal tactics to intimidate the Palestinian population to stop supping the resistance. Do you think collective punishment is right? I know i would be scared in the situation described in that story.

I think actions like this from people claiming to fight terrorism can only breed more terrorists, it is no way to find peace.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by HiddenReality]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Your title is kind of misleading. It says they are torturing Palestinians, this isnt torture. But anyhow it wasnt a big shelling, it was probably a response to this;
Hamas attacks UN building 01 Jan 2006

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Palestinian militants, mainly from the Jihad, have fired dozens of salvos of Qassams since Israel withdrew its last soldiers from the Gaza Strip.

In recent weeks, the homemade rockets hit several strategic facilities in the south of the country, including an Ashkelon power plant. Earlier this week, three soldiers were lightly injured when a Qassam hit an army base north of the Gaza Strip.

Maybe this thread is of interest for you:

Gaza no-go zone in effect - Operation 'Blue Skies'

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Do you think this kind of response to a few home made rockets is appropriate?

No its not Appropriate, our Jewish friends suffered enormously at the hands of the Nazis, and now its the Islamonazis.

The appopriate response would be Carpet bombing, Bunker busters, cluster bombs, tear gas and a scorched earth policy making the whole gaza a level area where no terrorists can operate from.

But of coarse they should evacuate the Innocent law abiding civillians first.

Peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
I think actions like this from people claiming to fight terrorism can only breed more terrorists, it is no way to find peace.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by HiddenReality]

self defence breeds terrorism huh? what world are you from where self defence is aggression?

if the enemy doesnt want peace youre supposed to roll over and let them kill your people?

if israel didnt want peace why did they let go of the sinai peninsula, golan heaights, leave lebanon, leave gaza costing over a billion dollars, after leaving lebanon and golan heights the "infada" restarted and now after leaving gaza attacks started again, every concession leads to more attacks.

israels point of the palestinians wanting all or nothing is proved over and over yet no one can see whats in their face.

if i was israel i'd force every single person from gaza and return it all back to egypt, who it really belongs to.

then repeat this in the west bank, return it to jordan and ban anyone from living in every holy city, make them UN controlled areas only allowing visits for tourism.

the palestinians nor jews should control any of it for their own good.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think that Isreal using non-lethal means as a response to more violent actions of Palestinians is a step forward, not a step backward.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LivinInTraffic
I think that Isreal using non-lethal means as a response to more violent actions of Palestinians is a step forward, not a step backward.

That is my exact point, but people like NumberCruncher think bombing the crap out of them is a more fair response. I dont understand how he can call others names when he supports the bombing of thousands of families because of the act from a few. That is exactly the kind of hypocrisy i was trying to show.

Dont you think some Palestinians are talking together thinking exactly like him, that all westerners are the problem. When neither side are prepared to act civil and sit and peacefull, nothing will ever be sorted in our world. Unluckily for us we have people like NumberCruncher running most countries, people who cant seem to grasp the simple fact that violence only breeds violence.

I have to disagree tho, im sure Israel has caused 10x more pain to the Palestinians then they have suffered.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by HiddenReality]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality

. I dont understand how he can call others names when he supports the bombing of thousands of families because of the act from a few. That is exactly the kind of hypocrisy i was trying to show.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by HiddenReality]

Liar Liar
son of hate and Desire,
show me where i support families on fire,

when ye find it ill inform the town cryer,
To announce my arrival at the funeral pyre.

[edit on 103131p://420110 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

The appopriate response would be Carpet bombing, Bunker busters, cluster bombs, tear gas and a scorched earth policy making the whole gaza a level area where no terrorists can operate from.

But of coarse they should evacuate the Innocent law abiding civillians first.

Peace be with you.

Ok so you support killing every citizen who you consider a criminal...

Now if you can please stop trying to bait me again and leave my thread unless you have anything contstructive to add can you stop the bitching please.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Its not that easy son.

Ill leave but ill set the record straight for my benefit.

It was you who baited me by calling me by name in your above response to another poster and then posting out right lies about what i had written.

The difference between our techniques is that i wouldnt of made the lies in the first place and i certainly would of apologized if i made a mistake.

Waikanetanga kia koe tama

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You two want to take this out into the school yard where it belongs and leave the board to the adults?

Edit to add: And NO, I don't want to hear who started it.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Even today the creatures have sent more rockets, indiscrimately, into Israel. As usual, they do nothing but attack.

Yup, those poor "Palestinians" are being tortured. Let's think; sonic booms compared to being blown up.

These are the same people who refuse to accept kindness as kindness, but take it as weakness. These are the people who want all Jewish Israelis dead. I make it clear that it is the "Jewish" Israelis because Israel doesn't make it a law that one has to be Jewish to be Israeli. As usual, there is nothing but a bad-mouthing of the Jews. This stuff is as constant as a ticking clock.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
torture is not good, but I am not against it either. this world is not perfect anyway. I am sure palestinians will torture jews if they have a chance.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Torture them? LOL! Try kill.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Anyone bother to read this? What is Israel having to do? Protect herself. It was my opinion that handing over the Gaza was stupid, and was dangerous for the Israelis, but they did it anyway. Now, because the "Palestinians" take kindness as weakness, Israel is having to act in a manner to protect herself again, as usual.

Yup, keep on blaming Israel, keep on acting as if the "Palestinians" are the poor, innocent ones.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Now, now - we all know that even the Isreali ADMITED that they Torture; and yet again that was Evaded by the United Nations.

Most of the violations were not caused by lack of knowledge of the line between what was permitted and what was forbidden, but were committed knowingly!

I am sure that Israeli's know EXACTLY what they are doing - and Sonic Booms across Gaza Strip, which has become one big Military Polygon, is one of those things.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
And you refuse to admit that the "Palestinians" are capable of doing anything wrong, except to be the victim. And, you refuse to see that the Arabs refuse to assimilate the "Palestinians", who are actually members of those groups, such as Syria and Jordan.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
And you refuse to admit that the "Palestinians" are capable of doing anything wrong, except to be the victim. And, you refuse to see that the Arabs refuse to assimilate the "Palestinians", who are actually members of those groups, such as Syria and Jordan.

I do not refuse to admit the Palestinians have did some wrong and bad things, but they are the victims. I also see other Arab countries have treated the Palestinians terrible refusing to home them, but if it wasnt for the jews taking the piece of land from he Palestinians none of those problems would ever of existed. Why should other Arab nations home these Palestinians who have ties to the land for hundreds of years, when the most of the "jews" there have no historical ties to the land at all.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
By the way, you cite info from 1988 to 1992, during the uprising. Of course, you seem to forget the fact that today, after the Gaza was handed over to them, the "Palestinians" lob rockets at the Israelis from the new land.
Twist as you may, you are obvious.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ah yes - let's see what the Prime Minister of Isreal Sharon wants to ADD to the Peace Process in Isreal-Palestinian Conflict.

Put all Palestinian People in one Gaza Strip, where to keep them Under Control and Surrounded by the Isreali Army - while the West Bank is slowly Expand Jewish Settlements

How Peacefull.

OH, The Agony that the Isreali People are Going Through!

[edit on 3/1/06 by Souljah]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join