It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor abused Anne Coulter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Interesting crying I see here.
While Coulter's non-stop sarcasm grates on my nerves, if the pontificating left was attacked in the manner she is, they would loose the hounds of the liberal media to attack those who dare throw such insults or pies. Seems this is nothing more than a whiny attempt to one-sidedly attack.

Care for any cheese, anyone?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Got to agree Billy

she gets on my nerves but shouldnt be assualted.....got to admit its kinda funny though

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I do not condone physical attacks...

NEW SUBJECT:

I always enjoy hearing that others despise Anne Coulter. It renews my faith that many can still recognize intellectual dishonesty for what it is.

I oppose the people Ann Coulter describes too...
The problem is they are a fantasy in her head. They do not exist in the manner she presents. She can paint normal people as radicals all she likes simply because they might happen to disagree with her. It changes nothing. The 'radical' in the room is obvious enough to most people.

I think the woman is vile. :shk:

[edit on 9-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
For every Anne, there is a Noam Choamsky who is just as vitrolic in his own overblown way.

I see were your going but comparing Ann Coulter to Noam Chomsky is laughable. Chomsky will be read and remembered for a long time (regardless of what you think of him) Coulter is an entertainer not a historical figure.
But if anyone out there is a Coulture fan I got some of her greatest quotes...

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97

I could go on but then this post would be too long. Now somebody bring some Chomsky quotes. Whether you love or hate Chomsky he is one of the most recognized and regarded American political thinkers alive today, that is a fact. Oh and a damn good linguist as well. I cant say that for Coulture.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I always enjoy hearing that others despise Anne Coulter.

Well, misery loves company.

I think it's hilarious how easily she is able to rile liberal "men". Makes them madder than a wet hen, and forces them to throw pies at her.

She messes with their minds because they are so easy to mess with.

Now, if you want real hate and vitriol, listen to Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson, or Harry Bellafonte.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
jsobecky

The fact you openly support her, speaks volumes about you.

I'm glad you are comfortable with that.

No one should assume that Anne Coulter does what she does for entertainment purposes alone. There are people who actually agree with her.

That is a fact that should remain in the open.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Bander Paul. My mentioning of Noam Chomsky was actually very pertinent. His area of expertise is linguistis, for which he is, and for very good reason, world renouned. No arguement there whatsoever. His political ideas are right out of Karl Marx's book of political ideology. So I find his ideas on politics as laughable as any around.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
His political ideas are right out of Karl Marx's book of political ideology. So I find his ideas on politics as laughable as any around.

You kinda supporting my earlier post. I stated that Chomsky would be remembered both as a linguist and a political thinker. Whether you agree with Marx or not he will be remembered for a long time so by linking Marx to Chomsky you indirectly support my statement that he (Chomsky) will not be forgotten as a political thinker.

As for some earlier posts about if liberals were attacked like Coulture the media etc. wouldn't stand for it I dont agree with that at all. Both sides are continually attacked lfor instance look around this website. FOX News does some severe liberal bashing. For instance their in house liberal Alan Comes is worthless. More of a walking corspe to nod at Hannity's rants than a liberal thinker.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
jsobecky

The fact you openly support her, speaks volumes about you.

I'm glad you are comfortable with that.

There you go again, loam, with your unfounded allegations. At any rate, I don't have to explain anything to you so bug off.

No one should assume that Anne Coulter does what she does for entertainment purposes alone.

And you know that how?

There are people who actually agree with her.

So what? It's a free country - they can believe whatever or whomever they want without answering to you. Or are you against free speech as well as being against the presumption of innocence? You seem to already want to be the head of the Thought Police. People like you are outright dangerous to a free society. Thank goodness you are only part of a tiny minority of frustrated hate-mongers.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
She messes with their minds because they are so easy to mess with.
[edit on 9-1-2006 by jsobecky]

Reasonable individuals who believe in personal freedoms and support for those that need it may only be pushed so far before there is a rising up. And hate begets hate.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Or are you against free speech

No....that would be Anne Coulter's position.

"They're always accusing us of repressing their speech," she said. "I say let's do it. Let's repress them."

She later added, "Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the First Amendment."

Source.

People like you are outright dangerous to a free society. Thank goodness you are only part of a tiny minority of frustrated hate-mongers.

That would sum up my view of people who share your similar views.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I don't have to explain anything to you so bug off.

If you didn't feel that you owed him an explanation, then you wouldn't've responded.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
These kids are in college for Christ sake... Supposed to be our best and brightest... And all they do is "boo" people off the stage? Do I think Anne will end up using this in some new book? Yes.

And in some instances they turn into physical attacks on her.

I could sit here and defend her, but "Oooooo! She so skinny!!"

These kids are in college seeking knowledge from minds recognized for their SME superiority, where most schools are severely strapped on their budgets.....and their school decides to a) Suck some Neo-Fascist butt juice b) kissing up to the current administration by employing a megaphone of their propaganda machine c) and thus misappropriating those funds from signing someone worth a crap ( and that's just about anyone besides Coulter).

Let's make it easy for Conservative minds: would you begrudge students who boo &/or pie the band leader playing Souza marches, when the school took that budget and decided not to book Fish or the Dave Matthews Band instead?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Just another example of the maturity level of the average liberal in this country.

What's funny is you mention maturity when Ann herself uses things like "(Clinton) masturbates in the sink." and even more stupid #$&%. And now her supporters here are made to look stupid simply by proximity. Sad really.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deluded
What's funny is you mention maturity when Ann herself uses things like "(Clinton) masturbates in the sink." and even more stupid #$&%. And now her supporters here are made to look stupid simply by proximity. Sad really.

I'm afraid that the only stupid people out there... Are the people who take what she says literally, or seriously for that matter. Anyone with a sense of humor can see that. Lighten up all you intellktually supeerior edumicated PC police.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Let's make it easy for Conservative minds: would you begrudge students who boo &/or pie the band leader playing Souza marches, when the school took that budget and decided not to book Fish or the Dave Matthews Band instead?

It's Phish my friend.

Sad such a great band turned into a yuppie college trend the way it did.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
But do you see the point? These folks booing & throwing pies at Coulter are 'political groupies' - not really a niche in the 80's, and are aware to the mind screw. They are simply booing the "crap band that the record label is trying to manufacture cred for'. Coulter is simply cotton candy, all fluff no substance.....an uglier and less moraled Paris Hilton.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Anne Coulter is basically a cartoon character.
She epitomizes all of the fools that rant ad nauseum to the zombie masses.
Never to be taken seriously.
Never to be respected.
Never a second wasted on her agendas.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
After my time....mine was Fishbone & the Mighty Mighty BT's

Wait, so is Coulter Skankin' to the Beat? Where did she go?

[quiote]Coulter is simply cotton candy, all fluff no substance.....an uglier and less moraled Paris Hilton.

Apparently not any more intelligent easier. Maybe all coutler needs is a little doggie to carry around? At least she could hold it so as to hide the adam's apple?

She's a man baby!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why Fishbone never got the mainstream love, I'll never know

(Minor thread veer off, but the lyrics are the shiz

Movement In The Light

There's a path for you and I to follow
For our goals aren't always in our sight
But now you've come to dread and fear tomorrow
Were your dreams killed in your sleep last night?
Fight for what is right...
Pray for a movement in the light

Some are slaves to Rhyme, Wit and Reason
Some are slave to all of what they hear
To sing a different song is outright treason
Is the price of freedom what they fear?
This cannot be right...
Pray for the movement in the light

Hey...Hey...There's a light to guide the way
Hey...Hey...The light has brought another day

For you and I should ever come together
Turn away the hatred in your heart
For we should find a peace to last forever
Find the peace no man can tear apart
May all the world unite
Pray for the movement in the light

Though 'Psycologically Overcast' applies to Coulter........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join