It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alchemy of Time: Understanding the Cycles of Existence

page: 1

join
share:
SeC

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

www.newdawnmagazine.com...
The Alchemy of Time:
Understanding the Great Year & the Cycles of Existence

By Jay Weidner

The age of iron has no other seal than that of Death. Its hieroglyph is the skeleton, bearing the attributes of Saturn: the empty hourglass, symbol of time run out…
– Fulcanelli  

The inspiration for this article comes from my almost nineteen years of research into the Great Cross of Hendaye and the French alchemist Fulcanelli. The unknown, anonymous, alchemist Fulcanelli in his masterpiece The Mysteries of the Cathedrals first brought the cross at Hendaye, France to the world’s attention.

[edited cut and paste -nygdan]
[edit on 11-1-2006 by Nygdan]

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Outstanding Post!!!!

Very well presented. Thank you for joining ATS!!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I totally understand your essential concept, I think--although I haven't approached it from the same direction as you, I do have some ideas about this time-cycle thing. The comment about the proportions of the Hindu Yuga ages becoming increasingly more brief in duration was something I was not aware of, and perhaps are just the 'key' that I've been missing (and knew I was missing!)

Here are some things from my mind and its 'body of research' on this topic:

The 26,000 yr cycle is only half of the 'whole' cycle--I feel that just as seasons on Earth are determined by our revolution around our center (Sol), also our Solar System has seasons as determined by its revolution around the galactic center. For the sake of discussion I call that the 'galactic year,' which is what your sources called the 'Great Year.'

The Earth year is approx. 52 weeks.
The Galactic year is approx. 52,000 years.

Divided by 4 (as in 4 seasons and also 4 equinox/solstice events) we have 13 weeks or 13,000 years to a season.

1,728,000 golden
1,296,000 silver
864,000 bronze
432,000 iron

when added together (and then divided by 1000 for the sake of simplicity in calculations)

=4320

divided by
360 (degrees of a circle which is 1 revolution and also the number of days per year according to the ancient calendar--originally of Mesopotamia)

= 12

52 weeks
divided by
12 (the number of months in a year)
= 4.3 [actually 4.34 (rounded) or 4.3333333... (irrational) or 4 1/3 (fraction)]

The Iron Age = 1 'month' of the Galactic year
Bronze = 2
Silver = 3
Golden = 4

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The source of the calculational discrepancy lies in the erroneous assigment of 25,920 as the 'Great Year' by Fulcanelli and Hendaye.

25,920 is actually only 6 months, of half, of the 'Great Year.'

We have not been at the point of Winter Solstice, Galactically speaking, in 51,840 (approx 52,000) Solar years--1 Galactic/Great Year ago from the upcoming date of December 12, 2012.

What must also be considered, as far as attempting to reconcile the figures, is the difference between the ancient 360 day year and the modern Gregorian year of 365 1/4 day.
Which could also be described as the difference between the calendar year used in our planet's bronze age (the time period called BC or BCE) and the one used in our iron age (called AD or CE).

I've never had the inclination to get that tedious in my mathematical investigation, but it certainly is of some significance in the grand scheme of all this. Of interest, too, is the Mayan calendar system which is concerned with 13's and 20's; both factors of 520.

The zeros are not necessarily a problem in these calculations, when one considers what a relatively new concept 'zero' actually is, as far as human history is concerned=especially when the zeros and decimal places really have no effect on the basic 'formula' of time--if that is indeed what it is. Personally, I have no doubt this is some sort of alchemical formula concerning time, based on my own personal research and the theories I've arrived at.

Again,

[edit on 1/2/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
UPDATE:

51840 divided by 360 is 144!

'12 to the first power'

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
queenannie38

Wow! I've danced around with the numbers, but never looked at it like that before. Good input!

Although I like your new avatar "Truth is Binary" thing, it makes me a little dizzy from the periphial view. But, I like it. I think it's starting to grow on me.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
INteresting article....I'm not educated enough in such to reply more then whats on the top of my peabrain and that is...

The Earth year is approx. 52 weeks. The Galactic year is approx. 52,000 years.

hey!! ...that explains why God could create the Earth (through evolution perhaps) in 6 days and rest on the 7th...it was 6,000 days in universal time or 1000 weeks or something!

... whatever-I'm no mathematician thats for dang sure-but it still makes more sense to me then just snapping His fingers

I think alot of universal truth lends validity to almost all theories, and vice versa.... and in it all I see a great design by God and such untapped potential for us to understand how great a God He is...how everything really is connected and how everything validates everything else....

though I think by no such earthly ways, Mayan clanders, prophesies or scientific or psychic predictions and the like will we ever know the end of time...or understand the complete cycles of Earth or the universe ...nor understand all the meaning of that end...or the cycles....until it sneaks up on us...

...and then all we'll really know-is it is the end...and what it really does mean... but for higher wisdom and understanding, still that will be a reward for a few not all...I don't think such a unvierse randomly created us just to return to being dust...

it's to amazing...just look at all this stuff people come up with here...amazing....interesting...

[edit on 2-1-2006 by think2much]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by think2much

hey!! ...that explains why God could create the Earth (through evolution perhaps) in 6 days and rest on the 7th...it was 6,000 days in universal time or 1000 weeks or something!

I think you may be on to something. Interesting.

Curiouser and curiouser .....

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Regarding the '24 elders of Revelation:'

From Part II of the Alchemy of Time:
...Creating the zodiac to assist them in these huge measurements of time they used the twelve signs to act as a giant time clock. Through this they began to understand the Great Cycle. They realized that it took 2,160 years to move through each sign of the zodiac and that it took 25,920 years for the equinoxes to move through all 12 signs. ...

51,840 divided by 2,160 = 24

Two full passages through all twelve signs of the Zodiac Precession!

The 4 beasts? The four 'ages' of golden, silver, bronze, and iron?

Because:

The problem with the current body of knowledge being applied to this theory of time, in both the esoteric studies as well as the biblical presentation thereof, is that it is only being approached from the side of 'material' history--the 'fall' and 'winter' of the Great Year has been known by humans--but the entire Great Year is only seen completely when viewed as both spiritual and material--the 'Spring' and 'Summer' are what we are not aware of--this, IMO, is the time before 'Adam and Eve'--this was the period before the '7 days' of Genesis. Properly translated, it is clear that this time was a time of 'reconstruction' not construction. There was a judgment which resulted in the 'desolation and void' condition that we are given in Genesis 1:2. From the 'In the beginning' of Genesis 1:1 to the condition in 1:2 there are 6 months of the Great Year unmentioned, but implied.

Also:

The figure of 144 is also what might be considered the concluding number in the canonized bible where we find 144,000 in the book of Revelation. In Genesis we start out with 1 (Adam).

Both are in the Fibonacci sequence (and I have found the Fibonacci pattern revealed in the canon, represented by the increasing population count of the 'Sons of God' although it is not complete, it is in order)

1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144

12, in biblical numerology is 'governmental perfection.'

The idea of the 'first power' or 'the square of' is also one tied into the metaphysical concept of physical creation--a building block, so to speak; the length, depth, and breadth...

That we read of in Paul's writings:

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.
Amen.
~Ephesians 3:18-21

and also in John's measurement of 'New Jerusalem' in Revelation:

And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth:
and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs.
The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
~Revelation 21:16-17

[edit on 1/2/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by think2much

Well, according to my calculations, 1 Galactic/Great day = 144 Solar years (our years). So perhaps the first chapter of Genesis (from verse 2 on) covers 864 years. And then the first Sabbath was the next 144 years.

Although, I'm not sure it is meant for us to take Genesis literally in that sense--I do know that there are several deeper meanings given therein, but of course that doesn't rule out the literal.

The first few chapters of Genesis (to Noah, I think) are probably best understood from the 'other side' point of view--on the spirit side rather than the material. Same for all of Revelation. The middle parts are from the material.

On the 'other side' what we call 'death' is return to life--and being born here is becoming 'dead' as perceived from there.

That's another topic, though...

... whatever-I'm no mathematician thats for dang sure-but it still makes more sense to me then just snapping His fingers

My policy is: if it's nonsense, God had nothing to do with it. The universe is so orderly and simply efficient in its perfection that thinking about it too long causes smoke to come out of my ears.

I think alot of universal truth lends validity to almost all theories, how everything really is connected and how everything validates everything else....

I am certain it does--I have not yet found a single true discrepancy between observation and intuition. The problem is, there are few minds open enough to consider my findings as 'legitimate.' Those that do, immediately see what I saw--just as quickly. Things make so much logical sense--cohesively and interdependently--there is no denying the underlying truth.

I'm glad for my open minded friends here at ATS!

though I think by no such earthly ways, ....will we ever know the end of time...or understand the complete cycles of Earth or the universe ....until it sneaks up on us....

No 'earthly' way--ITA--but there is another way to 'know' here on Earth: true gnosis given through direct spiritual revelation.

Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
~Amos 3:7

...and then all we'll really know-is it is the end...and what it really does mean...

The end is really just another beginning--and the end of time simply means mortality is finished. What makes us mortal is our conceptual boundaries of time and space--they started with Adam and Eve and will end with us.

but for higher wisdom and understanding, still that will be a reward for a few not all...

Think about this:

What we are made of is good (love) and evil (void--where love should be). When the restoration comes, all that is evil is cast into the fire--and all that is left is love. Each of us will be only pure love in a luminescent form. Even if we had only a little love--still we will be 100% love then!
In that way, the reward is for all the same.

'It's all good.' Literally. But we must encourage everyone we meet to 'invest' in their future selves by loving them, and they will share that love with others, and on and on. We will all 'grow and increase' if we do that for each other. Without partiality. LOVE everyone!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

No 'earthly' way--ITA--but there is another way to 'know' here on Earth: true gnosis given through direct spiritual revelation.

Might I just add IMHO through direct PERSONAL spiritual revelation.

It seems to me, such revelation though avaliable to everyone equally is still dependant on ones search, faith, and accountability for such true gnosis as you put it...you know?

As for everything, Annie, I enjoy your posts very much and find you very enlightened and enlightening...

besides, it doesn't matter if you were completely off your rocker so to speak , anyone who promotes LOVE, can't be bad!

And yes, the end of mortal life is just the begining of life eternal, just as it was not our true begining anyway.

As for that end, I do think we will be filled with 100% love, but also light, which light is knowledge too, and pure joy ...but I do think our capacities will be different.

One may argue, it doesn't matter if your capacity be that of the oceans or just of a tiny thimble, if you are filled 100% to capacity you lack for, hunger for- nothing...but I say, enlarge your capacity for all! Because your capacity for knowledge should be great and then your understanding will follow, and you will truly appreciate the "all" of it...

we will be luminescent...but shining as the sun, or the moon, or the stars?

Capacities...you know?

Sorry I didn't quote and speak point of fact to your points, but as I said, I do enjoy them-and I certainly I don't see anyone disputing them either.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
queenannie,

chech my post and whatch the videos on this site, might have an interesting show to see this afternoon.

greets,

alienaddicted.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of "The Mysteries of the Great Cross of Hendaye: Alchemy and the End of Time". I can think of few other volumes of writing that have expanded my conceptions as greatly as that book. Not only did it introduce me to the Fulcanelli phenomenon and teach me about the use argots in art, literature and architecture, it also directed me to the theories of "Hamlet's Mill" for which I am eternally grateful. I trust you will find a fairly intelligent and receptive audience here at ATS for material of this nature. Here are some threads I've started and contributed related to this material:

The Ecliptic Plane, 2012 and the Dawn of a New Age

Ragnarok as Celestial Allegory

Alchemical Kubrick

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
2160 is the moon's diameter in miles.

864, 000 miles COULD be the diameter of the sun(i find different answers for this, compelling, none the less.)

i have this great list somewhere of a bunch of these numerical synchronicities.
check out greatdreams.com for a BUNCH of these HARMONICS.

here's a really cool thing that is a big elephant in the room, as far as i'm concerned....

the sun and the moon APPEAR to be the EXACT SAME SIZE from earth's surface.

what are the chances of that happening randomly?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The Earth year is approx. 52 weeks.
The Galactic year is approx. 52,000 years.

I'm curious what you mean by "Galactic year". No one knows exactly how long it takes our solar system to make one orbit of the Milky Way, but the estimates I've found are betweeen 186-250 million years, far more than 52,000 years.

Vas

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
'Galactic year' was my own term--but I see it is already taken and so it makes my statements confusing. 'Great year' is what I meant, and what I'll say from now on.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
About the planets and the Fibonacci sequence:

The Fibonacci sequence has been found in the solar system.
The sidereal years and synodics of all planets until Uranus are related by the Golden ratio to a statistical significance of over 99%.
Planets with more than one moon have a Fibonacci correlation in the distance from the moons to the planet.
A similar Fibonacci relationship holds true for the distance of the planets to the sun.

Check this page out!
And this one, too!

top topics

join