It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to buy Chinese aircrafts to equip its fleet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Fact #2 - Nothing in Chinas aircraft inventory will be able to counter Isreal or Americas air superiority.

American Mad Man, didnt you ever know ?

The F-22 wont stand a chance against China's Mig-19 copies. Nope. No chance at all. In recently conducted DPRA simulations a single Mig-19 took out 4 F-22's simply by looking menacingly at it.

When the Mig-19 pilot imagined that he fired a SD-420 BVRAAM, 9 B-2's got taken out.

For more details refer the madrassa manual section 786 volume 6.325. However i am informed that only two copies of this exist. One in the posession of Mr.Al-Zarawi, custodian of the National Library, Peshawar. The onther one is said to be lost. Some intel. and media reports indicate that it was found floating off the coast of Australia, in the posession of a 12 year old kid who was siad to be permanently brain damaged after reading it.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

I am refering to this comment by Stealthspy
"used it as the basis for the J-8-II".

Did'nt my next post after that clarify what i had to say ?

China has reversed engineered it and are now makign F-16 copies. there effectiness is unknown but it will be clamed by stealthspy that they were reversed engineered. Israel will be involed in the development stealth spy? . I dont know so you should google it up. What sanctions do you forecast on israel and pakistan?

Aahh..

Like this is the first time i am looking at those pics
Also, why did you photochop the cute lad with photoshopped sunglasses in the original version of the large pic of the same ?

I dunno myself so i suggest you use chinawhite (if it is'nt banned where you are) and decide on who's involved in it

The Pakis had been sanctioned and embargoed for almost a decade now and its only after 2002 that the sanctions have been lifted....perhaps google can help you there.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
FredT or Mirthful Me

Can you give this guy a reminder or warning about his personal attacks?

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
The F-22 wont stand a chance against China's Mig-19 copies. Nope. No chance at all. In recently conducted DPRA simulations a single Mig-19 took out 4 F-22's simply by looking menacingly at it.

Its funny but no one is even comparing the J-10 or FC-1 to any fighter. Its coming from a indian and a bad joke at that

Your sarcastic remarks are funny because the Mig-19 is not a BVR capable fighter and it is not in active service anymore in the PLAAF.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Come on man ...be a sport...

Also here is that pic of the flogger on the minsk in china :

link

And the full pic of whatever is going on :

link

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Maybe you should answer me instead of leading this off topic?

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Did'nt my next post after that clarify what i had to say ?

No,
(what a stupid little thing)

Like this is the first time i am looking at those pics
Also, why did you photochop the cute lad with photoshopped sunglasses in the original version of the large pic of the same ?

I wouldn't imagine it, why would be because why would a indian be looking in a chinese military forum?

PS:The image was too large for the new ATS policy

I dunno myself so i suggest you use chinawhite (if it is'nt banned where you are) and decide on who's involved in it

What does that mean?. Im 100% chinese. the name comes from a movie called chinawhite.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

No

Then let me repeat myself. The J-8-2 is not a complete copy of the Mig-23 or anything. However it is no secret that it has made some use of the Mig-23.

What does that mean?. Im 100% chinese. the name comes from a movie called chinawhite.

No offence but smuggled opium / brown sugar / herion / other illicit drugs from china is often referred to as "chinawhite"....perhaps the movie was named after it aswell.

It was not intended as a racist attack.

Peace.

Now enough of this, and hopefully we can get back to the topic - i.e Iran's aircraft buy ..

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yes enough.... Further attempts to venture off topic will get more attention than this little note.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Yes enough.... Further attempts to venture off topic will get more attention than this little note.

Ohhh come on, I wanted to turn this into a Taiwan US vs China thread...

In any case, my position still stands.

If I were in charge of Irans budget, I wouldn't even bother with aircraft. From their point of view, they need to develope nukes in the black, while maintaining an open position of defense.

I'd look at cheaper, more survivable missle systems if I were them. Couple that with good politics, and they might be able to become a nuclear power. Aircraft are just going to be a useless drain on their budget IMHO.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
AMM
I think Iran is trying to get enough "targets" up to the sky inorder to keep USAF and IAF busy during their initial deployment phase, the few hours it takes to wipe those fighters out,may all they need to get their "grunts" into place and fire their Missiles.... Many smaller AFs use their fighter wings as a delay weapon, without no plans to win the airwar...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I found the original source of the article and it is talking about the C-130 air crash and chiense transports.

Its the same information as the starting article but it comes along with pictures and makes it more clear

Link

It would make sense for iran to buy chinese transport since the C-130 in iranian service has become accident prone since the sanctions were enforced. The recent rashing of a C-130 were led to engine problms and blamed for bad maintance and lack of spaer parts. eg Iran vowed not to give into western demands and would be aircraft from friendly nations

Here is the possible cadidate to replace the C-130

Its the civillian version Y-8 with "advanced" avonics for commerical use. The C-130 are used for moving the iranian military personal places like high oficals journlist and other people. So the Y-8 could be a possible replacment. Im not sure about this but the Y-8 has no accidents so far and is used by the chiense military in a lot of variants. eg. AWACS which the iranians would be looking to aquire

Or there is the Y-9 which is in development and has not finished development. About the same size as the C-130 and comparable in general performace this would be the best option in the long run

But then again its still in development

[edit on 4-1-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
SS,
Where is the similarity between the Mig-23 and the J-8II?.
China develop the J-8II from a swept wing aircraft when the aircraft was not even going to be swept wing. You defy logic because the development of the J-8II is well documented by chiense military ethnusit because of the fact that it was chinas first indegenious aircraft. Now you better have some logic behind this idea

No, nobody dare to say Finback was copy from other aircraft. But the general engneer who called 顾诵芬 also had said that airintakes J-8II used referenced MiG-23 and general design re. Su-15.

Have you had ability to identified which aircraft it is?

this is my last post here, it seem to be going fight here if not use internet but face to face

[edit on 4-1-2006 by emile]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
lol. Its the Su-15.

Surprisingly these aircraft had nothing to do with each other. From first glance without knowledge of each aircrafts history you will mistaken them for upgraded variants

But the J-8II was trying to achieve the same goals as the Su-15 in development. A design for the maxium speed and the lowest possible drag so this configuration is what both design teams came upon. There are other ones like the F-15 and Mig-25 and LCA and Mirage

[edit on 4-1-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
There is a good reason why the J8-II resembles the Su-15, and why the earlier J-8 resembles the Mikoyan Ye 152A, and its got nothing to do with copying.

That is the Su-15 and Ye-152A were both designed to be fast long range twin engined all weather interceptors and both used design and manufacturing experience of smaller single engined fighters as a starting point, the Su-9 and the MiG 21.

Given that China followed the same path with its J-7 (MiG 21) there is no surprise that they look very similar. The J-8 II then replacing its nose intake with lateral ones and a big radar is what naturally fives it its resemblance to the Su-15.

For many years after the J-8 first appeared it was assumed in the west that Russia had sold the Ye-152A to China for them to put into production, which was not true of course.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by waynos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join