It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

safe diet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am by no means fat, but put on about 15 lbs of winter/holiday weight I am looking to take off. I have had really good success with the Atkins diet, but the weight doesn't stay off with that.

What SAFE diets have you all had success with... Glycemic Index? Also I was going to start running for a half an hour a day.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
to behonest i find just cutting out the junk and eating more fruit and drinking water does the same as any diet out there, just make sure you excersice a bit each day,

lol or the more junk you eat the more excersice you do,

I would also suggest a week detox just to rid the body of all the bad stuff you will be amazed how much weight that holds up,

So cabbage soup is a great way to start on that

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
to behonest i find just cutting out the junk and eating more fruit and drinking water does the same as any diet out there, just make sure you excersice a bit each day,

lol or the more junk you eat the more excersice you do,

I would also suggest a week detox just to rid the body of all the bad stuff you will be amazed how much weight that holds up,

So cabbage soup is a great way to start on that

bleh cabbage soup? doesn't sound to appetizing

Would one of those detox drinks at GNC or another health food store work?

Also yes i planned on cutting out almost all unnatural sugars... except for one teaspoon in my coffee. Also just eating natural foods, nothing processed. No white bread etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am in the exact same boat. I would not consider myself overweight, but my love handles have gained some size and I am looking to cut back. Problem is my cupboards are filled with junk from christmas so its tough. My game plan is to wipe out Junk and pop. I am also going to try some Tae Bo exercises.

I offer you some good luck, but not to much because I know I am going to need every drop of it I can get

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Two things here:

1) No processed foods. No processed sugar.
2) No white bread. Whole grain bread only.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah I'm on junk detox as well--- No more processed, no more junk food...

I'm having the same issue as chissler--- EVERYTHING in this house is junk! And I'm a pantry pig- If it's there, I'm going to eat it... It's all about gaining self-control!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I actually started yesterday.

Had a chicken salad for lunch with an apple, and a chicken wrap for dinner with chicken torilla soup. Drank nothing but water.

Also ran a mile and did some light weights. Its amazing how working out in the long run gives you energy. I even just feel better today after one day of this.

top topics

join