It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not a thread to appease non-believers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Ah, I missed that, thanks for pointing that out.

Let's hope it goes back where it came from or gets moved as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Non-believers, believers... is all this some class or religion or something? Since when? Just wondering...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

Well, garbage in, garbage out. This admittedly awful thread is in my opinion the result of the venoumous and poorly-reasoned OP.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hello 1: Chromatico, 2:Jackhill, 3:Grey Basket, 4 Lotiki, 5: Soylent Green and the person I’m really a fan of 6: Mrpenny…………

Wow I cant read an old thread an leave two little posts with out half a dozen skeptics adding another page of Sleeper sucks.

Why do you guys post on his thread?

The DOUBLE-DAMED thread is named “not to appease non-believers” but instead of thanking Sleeper for labeling it that way so you as a skeptic can avoid it, you are drawn to it like a DOULBE-DIPPED moth to a bright light…….

I just have to add that with the exception of Soylent Green everyone mention above make Mrpenny look really civil and nice I really mean that. The rest of you know that Sleeper is gone and that the mods don’t care if you are with in the rules, so you all are getting really dirty……..

Well what can I expect from people who can’t look around them and know that there is some strange ET stuff going on.

Mrpenny thank you for being a good sport and not acting like a little kid bully like the other skeptics…….

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lotiki

People who say they took a ufo cruise the alien "space-mall" to bang hot alien chicks and played billiards on the UFO on the way there are a dime a dozen......especially if they are a poor-selling sci-fi book writer.

Lotiki,

Now, now Lotiki I don’t think that bringing up Sleepers books “In League with a UFO” (by Lou Baldin) and “Shrouded Chronicles of Jesus The Christ” (by Pete Veronese) and then calling them poor with out reading them is a nice thing to do............

Do you do that often; talk bad about things with out knowing anything about it

Because I did read the book and I think they were really cool………….

SLEEPER ROCKS………

Are you a skeptic?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
Hello 1: Chromatico, 2:Jackhill, 3:Grey Basket, 4 Lotiki, 5: Soylent Green and the person I’m really a fan of 6: Mrpenny…………

Wow I cant read an old thread an leave two little posts with out half a dozen skeptics adding another page of Sleeper sucks.

Why do you guys post on his thread?

You answered your own question with the bold word there.

Some of us are not mindlessly believing every bit of crap that is laid out before us. Everyone should be a skeptic, even abductees can't be certain that what they think they saw is what really happened.

I don't speak for the rest of the people you mentioned, but I came to ATS for the "Deny Ignorance" aspect, to find out what is real and what is not. I won't be so open minded that my brains fall out.

I require evidence.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I don't think this is as cut and dry as believers and non-believers. I personally believe that, given the size of the universe, life must have developed in one form or another in another part of the universe. However I find it extremely difficult to believe that, given the size of the universe, any extra-terrestrial life has visited Earth.

Do I believe in ETs? Yes.

Do I believe they have visited Earth? No.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I would be remiss if I failed to remind people that even though a poster is not around, it doesn't mean a free zone effect for bashing. Personal attacks, past or present will not be tolerated.

Stick to the topic or find a topic you can stick to. And be CIVIL whichever you chose to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Does that apply to any other published author? Would there be some prohibition to ripping on the early efforts of Dean Koontz?

Whether he's a regular poster here or not, the fact remains, he published works that he apparently intended to be publicly read, and continued to post material here that continued the theme of his books.

Should we critique his works in BTS? Possibly the "Literature" forum, or maybe "Comics"?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

Hello Basket,

When I was 18 years old and working at McDonalds I was approached by a man who said he was from another planet. The man asked for some ketchup packets and said “tomato in a packet humm we don’t have this where I’m from” all the rest of the employees laughed at the man, I smiled and gave the man a few packets and told him to enjoy them and the man left.

Now I was very skeptical about the man being from another planet but I treated him with respect nonetheless because that man just might be from another planet.

There is a big difference between being skeptical and wearing a skeptic badge.

Being skeptical is having doubt or not believing but understanding that they could be wrong.

But self proclaiming yourself a skeptic is stating that you refuse to believe with out evidence, calling yourself a skeptic is like joining a religion one where you can feel like you have some type of authority and demand proof from life itself................

Well let me tell you my friend, you can call me your foe all you want but that will not make ET give you proof. ET’s have given mankind all the proof they need they owe us no more.

Just look up at the night sky and watch how the stars laugh at us skeptics…….

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Why do you guys post on his thread?...

...I just have to add that with the exception of Soylent Green everyone mention above make Mrpenny look really civil and nice I really mean that. The rest of you know that Sleeper is gone and that the mods don’t care if you are with in the rules, so you all are getting really dirty……..

Thanks for noticing I was civil (seriously).

I posted on this thread because I truly felt that the OP's remarks were logically flawed...and that flaw is this: Saying that a person is skeptical about ET visitation of Earth is NOT the same as a saying that person does not believing ETs exist somewhere. I felt the OP was misrepresenting all skeptics as close-minded and crude, when that is definitely not the case. I think most ATS members -- even Alien Visitation Skeptics -- believe ETs exist in the universe. However, the wording of the OP seemed to inaccurately portray otherwise.

I do rely on faith, and not hard evidence, when I say that I think intelligent life exists SOMEWHERE in the universe, and probably in our own galaxy...I believe this without concrete proof due -- all I have is logical deductive reasoning I have made about the sheer size of the Galaxy and the Universe. That faith I have comes from my logical deductions.

However, also using logical deduction, I have yet to convince myself that ETs are visiting Earth -- and in the absence (in my opinion) of concrete evidence of ET visitation, all I have is my logical deductive reasoning which tells me UFO's probably aren't flown by ETs since I have yet to see

Like I said, I'm a big fan of other life in the universe, and I think it would be the greatest event in all of history if someone could prove that ETs are visiting Earth -- I'm ready for it; however in my opinion that proof hasn't been provided yet.

[edit on 2/27/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Let me be a bit more direct to benefit the denseness factor. Dean K. hasn't posted here, at least not under his own name. And if he has, then we won't be bashing him under his screen name. If you need to be verbally abusive of individuals, instead of discussing their posts, then there's always the mirror.

Perhaps you need time to review the T&C about personal attacks on other members?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Hello Soylent Green,

To be honest the only reason I included you in that post at all is because I needs six skeptics for my “half a dozen” joke……

Other than that I have nothing ill to say about you or your post, not only was it civil it was a genuinely honest pint of view from what I can tell.

What you have presented to this thread is no different than anyone truly interested in this topic would, of course I’m no one to say what a person can or can’t post.

But there are people who call themselves skeptics who are really just out to call Sleeper names and have no respect for civil dialogue or any interest to discuses the topic..........

You’re just looking for truth, and its good to see nice people on the other side of the coin of this topic......

As for evidence of ET”s on this planet well………its been guiding you your whole life kiddo……..

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by MrPenny

Let me be a bit more direct to benefit the denseness factor. Dean K. hasn't posted here, at least not under his own name. And if he has, then we won't be bashing him under his screen name. If you need to be verbally abusive of individuals, instead of discussing their posts, then there's always the mirror.

Perhaps you need time to review the T&C about personal attacks on other members?

Who needs to review the T&C?

If I have recently violated the T&C in this thread, prompting your post that I questioned, please refer me to that example so I can amend my ways.

I asked a question....all you needed to do was answer it without the references to "denseness factor", and "the mirror". I expect a moderator to demonstrate a touch more diplomacy.

So if it's the screen name that's the important factor...Can I rip the miserable writing style and ability of the author Lou Baldini? 'Cause frankly, I don't think he could write himself out of a wet paper sack...he couldn't even write himself out of a murder mystery if he was the victim.

How 'bout fixing some of the stunningly bad grammar and spelling in some of the thread titles so ATS doesn't look like a middle school bulletin board?

All of the above written with civility and decorum in mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lotiki

People who say they took a ufo cruise the alien "space-mall" to bang hot alien chicks and played billiards on the UFO on the way there are a dime a dozen......especially if they are a poor-selling sci-fi book writer.

Lotiki,

Now, now Lotiki I don’t think that bringing up Sleepers books “In League with a UFO” (by Lou Baldin) and “Shrouded Chronicles of Jesus The Christ” (by Pete Veronese) and then calling them poor with out reading them is a nice thing to do............

Do you do that often; talk bad about things with out knowing anything about it

Because I did read the book and I think they were really cool………….

SLEEPER ROCKS………

Are you a skeptic?

Thats ok ,Izarith. I don't care if you take my words out of context and use them as an excuse to belittle me. Nor do I care that your using my mis-represented post as an excuse to advertise those crappy books.
Now, did I call them "poor" books? No,I didn't. I said they were poor-selling. However, hanks for proving that sleepers supporters need to make things up and take things out of context in order to defend the case.

And with that pile of doodie you call a post, you have joined my IGNORE list. I suggest more people make more use of their IGNORE list, it really does make this site a better place to visit.

I suggest the mods lock this thread as its only a place for people to promote a bad writer who doesn't even post here anymore, he's better than that. Re-open it when sleeper rejoins us.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Lotiki]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I don’t get it is it just me or can other people on this site see the difference between a person who is skeptical or is a skeptic towards a certain subject, and people who are just trying to defecate (Lotiki that’s the big word for doodie) on a persons thread?....

This thread is a hook to lure skeptics to engage in civil dialogue on the subject of ET’s and UFO’s here and now on planet Earth.

In my opinion most skeptical people can engage in a civil dialogue and debate this subject.................

There are a few skeptic or non-skeptics that don’t like Sleeper and feel the need to belligerently attack Sleepers person.

Mrpenny who feels that as long as he or she type that they are being civil and with decorum that they are, has admitted to having multiple accounts to attack him, and has even stated in past posts on different threads that it is his or her intent to “bring Sleeper down”.........

Lotiki states that I take his or her words out of contexts and then contradicts his or hers statement about me by saying that Sleeper is a poor writer without even answering my question (Have you even read “In League With A UFO” by Lou Baldin?). Not only that but he or she even called my post DOODIE…..aw what am I saying I actually thought that was cute. But to put me in his or her Ignore list…..now that’s just a punishment disproportioned to my crime…..well maybe not……you know now that I think about it I think it’s cute too…........

Feewf what can I say all in a days work on Sleeper’s threads I guess. Right mods?…..mods?….mo…ah never mind..........

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Mrpenny who feels that as long as he or she type that they are being civil and with decorum that they are, has admitted to having multiple accounts to attack him, and has even stated in past posts on different threads that it is his or her intent to “bring Sleeper down

Izzie, you're comically wrong on these statements. And that's why I get involved in these threads. Despite the stated intent of teaching/learning tolerance, integrity, and peace-of-mind....posters here regularly respond venomously and rudely, with an astonishing level of insecurity.

I'll say this one more time for the benefit of those of you who seem to have trouble with comprehension;

I have never used multiple accounts.

Please refrain from continuing that lie, as doing so makes you a liar.

The entire conceptual framework of sleeper's work and postings appear to be based on the premise that humans are weak, helpless, and powerless to affect any change in their future. I think he's dramatically wrong. And continuing the propaganda does more damage to the collective psyche. I am the top of the food chain on this planet. Maybe the solar system. And I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.......including the comically portrayed "Milton".

[edit on 29-2-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Hello MrPenny,

Or should I call you NotClever?

Multiple meaning two or more!!

You used to have an account by the name of NotClever registered 27/1/06 and your last visit was May 8/06. NotClever has posted many times on Sleepers thread right?....

You new account MrPenny was registered 6/5/06 and has posted many times on Sleepers threads right?....

I might be a liar kiddo but not today Kiddo……..

Here is some of that double-damned proof you’re always asken for……

When Sleeper asked you if you could admit or tell us how many names you have used during your many attacks on his threads, you told him your self about NotClever.

Sleeper 16'th MrPenny 18'th post down

As you can clearly see NotClever has posted not so nice things on Sleeper’s threads too…….

Almost full page

Now without you even mentioning it I will fully apologies for quoting you on saying “I’m going to bring Sleeper down” I was wrong, but as TommyKnocker post shows you did say this…….

Originally posted by MrPenny
“I have to add this......sleeper, if you think any english speaking human can read our recent exchanges and come away with the impression that you are somehow enlightened....you may be, without a doubt, certifiable.

You are combative, childish, and a liar. I sincerely feel sorry for the people who think you have some real, life-changing information to share.

I admit, it annoys me to distraction that you are permitted a means to propogate your nonsense. However, you're not breaking any rules. So, I am going to make every effort to disrupt your goofy love fest without breaking the rules.”

Here is the link

11'th post down

IzzY ^_^

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You wanna' take a close look at the dates there, Sherlock?

You used to have an account

Your own detective work shows that I have not logged in any instances of multiple accounts with the purpose of "attacking" anyone. Your own "evidence" shows they have never been concurrently used. It's always been just me, alone.

Furthermore, your own evidence shows I have never vowed to "bring sleeper down"......Yes, I'm disruptive....but I don't feel the need to make stuff up in order to try and make a point. Step back a bit and consider what you've written. Have you really come away from sleeper's threads with the lessons in integrity and character he intended? Did you maybe stretch the bounds of truth with the "multiple accounts" claim? As lotiki pointed out....you've manipulated someone's words into what you want it to be....not what it really is. Maybe you've distorted the meaning of sleeper's content also?

And as for my post that you so nicely copied; thank you, I think it bears repeating.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
You wanna' take a close look at the dates there, Sherlock?

I did take a close look at the dates that’s why they were included in my post. And call me Perry Mason pleas...

I actually verified that the two known account that you have stated to have were not used in unison, and made sure to post the dates so you would see that I did. Even in the quote that you used one can clearly see that I’m talking past

I had a feeling you would use something like this against me, and here we are………

Your own detective work shows that I have not logged in any instances of multiple accounts with the purpose of "attacking" anyone. Your own "evidence" shows they have never been concurrently used. It's always been just me, alone.

Yup you got it……

And now everyone knows it…….

Furthermore, your own evidence shows I have never vowed to "bring sleeper down"......Yes,

Yes and don’t forget to say I gave my apologies. But then again you don’t have to after all it’s in my post. I make mistakes I’m only human kiddo…well in this life that is…..

I'm disruptive....but I don't feel the need to make stuff up in order to try and make a point.

I think you have said some mean thing to Sleeper that were made up…

what you don’t believe me? Would you like me to do some more detective work?

Step back a bit and consider what you've written. Have you really come away from sleeper's threads with the lessons in integrity and character he intended?

Could be, all I can do is try my best right?

I did not know you were a fan of Sleeper's work.cool..

Did you maybe stretch the bounds of truth with the "multiple accounts" claim?

You yourself in this very post have said that I have not. But to be fair I will say that I was a little careless with my last quote and again I apologies.

As lotiki pointed out....you've manipulated someone's words into what you want it to be....not what it really is.

Well I don’t want my posts to be called doodie again so I guess I apologies for manipulating lotiki’s words.

He did not call Sleeper’s books poor he initially said he was a poor-selling sci-fi book writer and later said his books were crappy.....

By the way I have actually read sleeper’s book “In League With A UFO” by Lou Baldin” and I think it was really good…..

Maybe you've distorted the meaning of sleeper's content also?

Maybe I am but I don’t think so not when I have role models like you…….

And as for my post that you so nicely copied; thank you, I think it bears repeating.

So do I, I wish upon a star every night that the mods on this site would take it into consideration and do something about it……

And remember Thats Perry Mason to you kiddo.....

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Izarith]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join