It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not a thread to appease non-believers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
This forum is for those who are curious about extraterrestrials and for those few people who have had experiences they wish to share about extraterrestrials.

I don't know who you are, but you're not staff.

This is a discussion forum. Beleivers, non-belivers, infidels, whatever, everyone is welcome here.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think this forum especially on the topic of E.T.'s or U.F.O.'s is getting the message out to the public to disiminate. Personally, I have been enthralled in Sci.Fic. and the whole topic of E.T.'s since I was a young boy. I have noticed here on ATS, that many people have the same intrest and facination level in which drives this particular forum. I was hooked the first day I stopped by ATS and the rest is history.
One day and I hope it is not too far away that one of our members will be the first ones to confirm the existence of our intergalactic travelers.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
Well, stupid question to ask but here goes,

IF there is Intelligent life interacting with humanity, would it not make sense to leave the people with an open mind and only "abduct" those skeptics in order for humanity to cope with the possibility of disclosure?

That would make things easier for the skeptics but ET likes and encourages skeptics they shoot down anyone who might otherwise be convincing-----skeptics also keep many from coming forward with what they know----fearing ridicule, loss of jobs, prestigious positions and opportunities.

If there were no skeptics ET would create them.

I know I contradicted the theme of this post but because I know ET doesn’t mean I agree with everything they do

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That would make things easier for the skeptics but ET likes and encourages skeptics they shoot down anyone who might otherwise be convincing-----skeptics also keep many from coming forward with what they know----fearing ridicule, loss of jobs, prestigious positions and opportunities.

I know I contradicted the theme of this post but because I know ET doesn’t mean I agree with everything they do

Then why would disclosure happen one person at a time, and why would any knowledge of there existence be known to humanity?

You yourself have said that they do not make mistakes yet this would quite obviously be a major blunder.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a true sceptic
The facts are this :-

Over 95% of ufo discussions are debunkable. Its the odd 5 % that arnt.
Most of those 95% are hearsay memos,(devoid of any pictorial evidence - and most of these submitted are proven thesis for paintshop pro students) well sorry dude - i can hear this stuff at any bar , if i can find anyone disected enough from society to mention this , what i like to term "urban legends"

Because something is debunked doesn’t mean it’s not true-----if you don’t believe in ghosts then all ghost stories----in your mind----are not true

ET can do anything they wish including make people look foolish----the same people that know about them and have been abducted.

Look how easy humans fool other humans----Stalin, Hitler, Hollywood, politicians, and others-----you think a race far superior can’t do a better job of fooling humans than humans?

Surly the ufo community in general would prefer hard science and hard facts to backup most of these claims.
A discussion on this subject matter would imply to me anyway, that its a two sided sword - you simple cannot expect people of all creeds to beleive most of your claims, and most others here.

This is not a board for proof----if that is what you are looking for stop wasting your time here because proof is a personal experience and subjective to the person that experienced it.

This is a place to tell your story----your encounter with ET, your abduction, your UFO sighting----your personal proof-----how can anyone possibly share that with anything other than words?

There is a place for us sceptics ,( and we occupy the other side of that two sided sword. - and most of the time its a very lonely place - im forever ridiculed for my stand alone opinions) - and that place is to disect the evidence, and sift thru the crap and find the facts.

And ET appreciates all your efforts in debunking them----so give yourself a pat on the back

Surly you dont expect the world to be occupied by people who just swallow everything we are fed?

The world is occupied by people who swallow everything----religion, Darwinism, Hollywood, political dogma, etc

I include a thread i started - now id sooner beleive an astronaut then a memo on a website - wouldnt you??

Astronauts are great sources for the truth about ETs

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Then why would disclosure happen one person at a time, and why would any knowledge of there existence be known to humanity?

You yourself have said that they do not make mistakes yet this would quite obviously be a major blunder.

Those who know are not looking any more, they are living normal lives----and if anything they act like skeptics if asked about ETs.

People like me have the job to tell about ET----kind of like shaking a tree so that the fruit that is ready for picking falls from it and gets picked.

ET makes not mistakes; they are not arrogant----only perfect

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm sorry sleeper, by no means am I meaning to deteroriate your beliefs, but, I don't beleive u have contact with aliens. please don't take offense as I'm not trying to insult by this comment..but, stating my opinion.
feel free to u2u me, if this seems abit brash from wording.
thanks, WafflePrime!

[edit on 23-1-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So how does that explain if there intention is to have mankind aware of them or not.

Only let those who believe have evidence and the skeptics are to be kept in the dark?

If the intention is to wipe the mind of the individual and they are perfect at what they do, why does it not wipe the minds of all individuals?

Why bother wiping the mind at all?

There is no benefit of what they do, as you have said on another thread, they are like carers of humanity. But why hide the fact that they are carers? You could say that we are to live our lives and excel by ourselves.. if this is the case then why intervene? Surely it is not their place. If they intervene it is because they want us to live our lives in a style best suited to their own ideals.. this is not humanity.

It is not possible that they would intervene with attrocities as none would have occured so why interact and so say "protect humanity" in order to advance humanity?

Surely technology has nothing to do with quality of life? People were happy with their lives 100years ago without the technology we have today.. in fact I would imagine many cultures would be in a far better situation if technology had not advanced in the way it did.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sleeper, surely ET doesn't kill people? (referring to what you said about mutilations on your other thread) I thought you said ET works with "your" best interests in mind not humanity's. As I said before I doubt it's in anyones best interest to get mutilated by ETs.

And do you have any other physical evidence apart from those photos of that rock?

Thanks.

Even if you are lying I still greatly admire your perceverence in answering so many questions.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So how does that explain if there intention is to have mankind aware of them or not.

Only let those who believe have evidence and the skeptics are to be kept in the dark?

If the intention is to wipe the mind of the individual and they are perfect at what they do, why does it not wipe the minds of all individuals?

Why bother wiping the mind at all?

Before modern times it was not necessary to know about ET----they were simply gods and wizards.

The blinders are slowing going up because humans are on the brink of moving into space

The degree of wiping the mind changes with each generation-----every generation knows more then previous ones-----lots of people are like me and remember-----but they are not going to stand up and be counted.

There is no benefit of what they do, as you have said on another thread, they are like carers of humanity. But why hide the fact that they are carers? You could say that we are to live our lives and excel by ourselves.. if this is the case then why intervene? Surely it is not their place. If they intervene it is because they want us to live our lives in a style best suited to their own ideals.. this is not humanity.

It is not possible that they would intervene with attrocities as none would have occured so why interact and so say "protect humanity" in order to advance humanity?

Children never understand the motives behind what their parents do----until they grow older----and there is nothing the parent can say or do to make them understand----copout? No, only reality

Surely technology has nothing to do with quality of life? People were happy with their lives 100years ago without the technology we have today.. in fact I would imagine many cultures would be in a far better situation if technology had not advanced in the way it did.

Unless there are six billion people on a small planet-----go visit third world countries and see the difference technology makes

BTW a tree, an apple the ground we grow things on are a higher form of technology----humans just haven’t figure that out yet

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The notion of the title is preposterous and should have been locked and sent to the bottom.

Sorry, but resurecting an old thread for for personal Spamming purposes is self serving. Maybe we should all make malicious and pretencious posts to draw ire from other members so we can make allot of points.

Mods please intervene.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
nullster, I started this thread back up, and secondly I am sure this is not about points.

If you don't want to contribute to this thread fine.. don't waste your time and instead contribute to another that interests you. But to say what you have said was unnecessary.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hobo_321
Sleeper, surely ET doesn't kill people? (referring to what you said about mutilations on your other thread) I thought you said ET works with "your" best interests in mind not humanity's. As I said before I doubt it's in anyones best interest to get mutilated by ETs.

I doubt that ET killed anyone but nothing happens without them knowing about it

I know it’s hard to get ones mind around the idea that death does not exist------people are taken off this planet every second of every day----and the traditional way out is through what is called death

That person that you mentioned that was mutilated could have been real----could also be a prank with a cadaver

Also ETs use human cloned bodies-----they enter into them and mingle with humans.

That body could have been a discarded clone----however they don’t usually leave those bodies to be found by humans or to be eaten by animals

And do you have any other physical evidence apart from those photos of that rock?

Yes but not going to comment on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well then I apologize to Sleeper.

But beyond that, the subject he chose and its aim "was not" and still "is not" correct in its claim. How many posts are allowed to continue to thrive making unsubstantiated and unproven claims?

To say what I wrote was unnecessary couldn't be further from the truth and a little ironic. If no one takes notice of inappropriate statements then where does it end? By asking for those that review and moderate the forums to consider addressing them and consider taking the appropriate action is within everyones means.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
But beyond that, the subject he chose and its aim "was not" and still "is not" correct in its claim. How many posts are allowed to continue to thrive making unsubstantiated and unproven claims?

To say what I wrote was unnecessary couldn't be further from the truth and a little ironic. If no one takes notice of inappropriate statements then where does it end? By asking for those that review and moderate the forums to consider addressing them and consider taking the appropriate action is within everyones means.

Yeah I know what you mean nullster, the stuff you find in public schools and universities so much of it unsubstantiated-----what’s a person to do?

Perhaps we should ask our congressmen for the facts-----or go further up the ladder and ask the wizard of Oz he would know what to do

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i think you have a vivid imagination sleeper.
You ramble on about alot of things - but have no substance.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sleeper, this isn't just your typical conspiracy forum, where people will just believe you because you say it. On this board are probably a group of the most intelligent believers and skeptics I know. They want proof, either way, not just words. The world of conspiracy theories, UFOs and Extra terrestrial disclosure has been so diluted and convulted by frivilous and unsubstantial claims as fact. And even more so by people with total falsified information, lies, tall tales and just plain fake stories. So if you have proof, bring it out, place it on the table.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Sleeper, this isn't just your typical conspiracy forum, where people will just believe you because you say it. On this board are probably a group of the most intelligent believers and skeptics I know. They want proof, either way, not just words. The world of conspiracy theories, UFOs and Extra terrestrial disclosure has been so diluted and convulted by frivilous and unsubstantial claims as fact. And even more so by people with total falsified information, lies, tall tales and just plain fake stories. So if you have proof, bring it out, place it on the table.

All I'm giving for now is my stories if the mods and others are not interested then they can lock or remove my threads----I have no objection

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a true sceptic
i think you have a vivid imagination sleeper.
You ramble on about alot of things - but have no substance.

When you signed up for this board you agreed to not attack other members. Please deal with the ideas presented, not the personalities.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

All I'm giving for now is my stories if the mods and others are not interested then they can lock or remove my threads----I have no objection

Of course we're interested in your experiences. Hell, if people recognize that you are truly open-minded, then other members, including mods, may tell you about their bizzare and inexplicable UFO and paranormal encounters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join